Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 500 lbs!!! ....Er posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ELmx479 View Post
    Good job man, progress is progress! Just keep at it and it will pay off huge for you. If your bench does not seem to be moving up as you'd like maybe try changing a few things up. That's what I'm doing. I have not done close grip bench in years so I am going to add that in on my OH Press day for a few weeks and see what it does for my bench. It's all about trial and error. Like Wendler says, if it works keep it, if not get rid of it.
    Thanks bro. Yeah maybe switching things up a bit would help.

Quote Originally Posted by jed View Post
    Definitely need to keep the tightness going all around, from unracking to reracking. I hear you mentioned breathing, too, how often do you let air in/out? Nice PR though anyways man, don't let the 3 reps get you down, you'll surely be hitting more soon.
    I let air in/out pretty often, definitely multiple times per set. And thanks, bro-ham.

Quote Originally Posted by KoSh View Post
    Great work on the PR, man!
    Thanks bud!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    LOL @ guaranteed PR day. You've never pressed over 190 in your life before?? Great to see a PR in there, though. Tightness is crucial! What's with the chin format? Did you get this from somewhere or made it up yourself? Good job, bud.
    Thanks bro-ski! Nope I've never pressed over 190 before. I'm sure at some point I could have, but in college I used DBs almost exclusively. I made up the chin format. Basically pyramiding with the order switched up.

Well it's the week of the gheyloads. To make things even more ****ty, work has been insane again this week. Anyway, here's the two-for-one:

Squats:
    95x5
    120x5
    145x5

Leg extensions:
    150x5
    170x5
    190x5 PR!!! Lol jk, I have no idea.

Leg curl:
    110x10
    120x10
    130x10

10 mins cardio on a bike.

Hyperextensions:
    BWx10
    x10

End gheyload 1

Start gheyload 2

OH Press:
    55x5
    65x5
    85x5
    65x10
    x10
    75x10- 85x5 felt awkwardly heavy, so I thought I'd test my strength.
    115x1
    125x1
    135x1 This went up really easily, WAY easier than last time. I sucked in more air than usual though, and when I got to the top of the movement, black started to cover my vision. Kinda freaked me out, so I moved to a power rack and put some safety bars in. Smart, right? Wrong. Here's the embarrassing part.
    140x0 Fail. That's not the embarassing part. About 3/4 of the way up, I started to struggle, also, my left arm was below my right, and there were no collars on the bar. I dumped 95 lbs from about 7 feet in the air. The gym girl was walking around cleaning up, and normally we chit chat. She pretended not to see me. Lol. I don't care about that. I'm pissed cuz I totally had the lift. I think if there were collars I would've gotten it. I'm going to try again friday, and I'm going to get it. Stay tuned for guaranteed gheyload PR Friday....
    5'10"

Ultra Nasty Hypertrophy journal (HCT-12)-http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...rnal!-(HCT-12)

Old My 5-3-1 Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132576

Haha, nice work. Not the best idea going for PR's on the deload week, you should save that for the 5/3/1 week bud. I have never tried a 1RM on the OH Press, maybe I will in a few weeks.

Great work on the deloads, man. Try not to go for PRs on the deloads, but at the same time if you do it every once in awhile I don't see a big deal with it, especially if you feel good. But I wouldn't make it a habit
    "Donít fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnít matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. Iíve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

Haha, it's funny that you call it Gheyload....Honestly, they help though. Either a complete week off, or a "gheyload" is necessary to let some of the accumulated fatigue go away.....It helps recovery, which in turn helps you to get stronger!

So keep up the gheyloads every month or so!!! Good work.
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Nice PR on the leg extensions
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Those gheyloads are pretty ghey, d00dz. Lol @ the mili press experience, you'll get 'er next time broski. Try slowing down your breathing. I usually breathe once every three(ish) reps. At your own risk, ofcourse; whatever feels comfortable. I just know the more you breathe in and out, the more your chipping away at your form for that set.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Haha, nice work. Not the best idea going for PR's on the deload week, you should save that for the 5/3/1 week bud. I have never tried a 1RM on the OH Press, maybe I will in a few weeks.
    Great work on the deloads, man. Try not to go for PRs on the deloads, but at the same time if you do it every once in awhile I don't see a big deal with it, especially if you feel good. But I wouldn't make it a habit
    Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    Haha, it's funny that you call it Gheyload....Honestly, they help though. Either a complete week off, or a "gheyload" is necessary to let some of the accumulated fatigue go away.....It helps recovery, which in turn helps you to get stronger!

So keep up the gheyloads every month or so!!! Good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Nice PR on the leg extensions
    Those gheyloads are pretty ghey, d00dz. Lol @ the mili press experience, you'll get 'er next time broski. Try slowing down your breathing. I usually breathe once every three(ish) reps. At your own risk, ofcourse; whatever feels comfortable. I just know the more you breathe in and out, the more your chipping away at your form for that set.
    Thanks guys. Good advice. I did finish my deload week, but I'm not going to go into detail cuz nobody gives a ****. The only thing that's worth mentioning is I tried and failed a mili press at 140 again. My job sucks as usual, been working 11 hour days, and worked 13 hours last Saturday. I hate it. I'll be looking elsewhere soon. Anyway, onto the good stuff.

DLs-
    125x5
    155x5
    185x5
    200x5
    230x5
    260x9 PR
    135x10
    x10
    x10
    x10
    x10

Grip work-
    315x10 secs hold

End day 1

Start Day 2

OH Press-
    55x5
    65x5
    80x3
    85x5
    100x5
    115x7 PR (I think).
    75x10
    x10
    x10
    x10
    65x10

Chins-
    BWx5
    BW+5x5
    BW+10x4

That does it for now...
    5'10"

Ultra Nasty Hypertrophy journal (HCT-12)-http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...rnal!-(HCT-12)

Looking good bro! I hit 115x7 last week on the press also. Sucks about the job but it's better than not having one which alot of people don't right now.

*Applause*

Great work man.
    "Donít fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnít matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. Iíve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

FANTASTIC job on the PR for leg extensions. Really impressive! That overhead pressing gheyload day doesn't really look too much like a gheyload, lol. Good to see you're done gheyloading. Great deadlift PR, brah! And awesome overhead press, too! You've got me beat in that one! Step up on your damn chins, dood! 14 reps is bull****, lol.

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

Looking good bro! I hit 115x7 last week on the press also. Sucks about the job but it's better than not having one which alot of people don't right now.
    Thanks man, nice job on the press yourself. Yeah, I'm not very happy (at all) with my job right now. But I got a raise and bonus today so it's not ALL bad.

*Applause*

Great work man.
    Thanks bro.

FANTASTIC job on the PR for leg extensions. Really impressive! That overhead pressing gheyload day doesn't really look too much like a gheyload, lol. Good to see you're done gheyloading. Great deadlift PR, brah! And awesome overhead press, too! You've got me beat in that one! Step up on your damn chins, dood! 14 reps is bull****, lol.
    Thankz dood! I heart leg extenshunz! Yeah I know, I suck at chins. Glad I'm beating your OH press....for now. Might be the only thing I ever beat you at. Besides teh fatness.

ALRIGHT.

Squats-
    100x5
    125x5
    150x3
    160x5
    185x5
    210x9 PR
    115x10
    95x10
    x10

Romanian DLs-
    135x5
    x5

God I was so tired. Diet was horrible today. Pretty much all my energy was used on the PR. Hmm three PRs this week. That can only mean one thing. Tomorrow will be epic failure on bench. Crap.
    5'10"

Hey, congrats on the squat PR...just keeps going up...good stuff.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hey, congrats on the squat PR...just keeps going up...good stuff.
    Thanks bro! Hope I can keep it up, but who knows.

Bench-
    80x5
    100x5
    120x3
    130x5
    150x5
    170x8 PR
    115x10
    x10
    x10
    x10
    x10

Short and sweet today. OH Pressing in two days, so I didn't go crazy... 4 PRs this week though, even though they're only rep PRs.

One other thing I forgot to mention. My diet has been ****ty, so my weight is down. Hovering between 170 and 175 right now.
    Last edited by AKMass; 03-28-2010 at 12:47 PM.
    5'10"

What more could a man ask for than 4 PR's in one week!!!! That's awesome dude, I feel a rep PR takes more work than a 1RM.

Admirable how you work so many hours and still get in to lift, broski. Especially because you hit PR's regularly! That's some awesome work. Too early to add weight to chins, even 5 or 10 lbs, imo. Either way you've been killin it, good job.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Dude, you just keeping hitting PRs!! You must really like how your training has been going lately. Happy about the weight loss or not?

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

What more could a man ask for than 4 PR's in one week!!!! That's awesome dude, I feel a rep PR takes more work than a 1RM.
    I dunno. Angelina Jolie? Lol thanks man.

Admirable how you work so many hours and still get in to lift, broski. Especially because you hit PR's regularly! That's some awesome work. Too early to add weight to chins, even 5 or 10 lbs, imo. Either way you've been killin it, good job.
    Thanks bro. I've really only been hitting PRs regularly because I never really lifted for strength before. In my early days, it was all high volume stuff. Then I found WBB, and switched to 5x5, gained a lot of strength, but I think it's hard to hit PRs on 5x5. You're probably right about the weighted chins too, think I'll back off for now.

Dude, you just keeping hitting PRs!! You must really like how your training has been going lately. Happy about the weight loss or not?
    Definitely happy about the PRs, definitely not happy about the weight loss. It's not on purpose, I've just been so busy at work, I don't really have time for snacks. It's really a frantic pace. Also, I've been missing my nighttime shake, cuz I need to order more Nitrean, but that's my fault. Thanks for the support though.

OK. Just ate and weighed myself, 175.6 lbs. So I'm only down about 8 lbs. Onto the work:

OH Press-
    55x5
    65x5
    80x3
    95x3
    105x3
    120x4 Not sure if this is a PR. I"ll have to read back through the journal.
    65x10
    x10
    x10
    x10
    x10

DLs-
    135x5
    225x1
    275x1
    295x1
    315x1 Technically a PR, but doesn't really count because it was my first attempt.

Probably shouldn't have Dled today, diet was crap, and I'm squatting tomorrow. I'm down by about 1000 cals. I'm pretty confident I could've done more reps at 315 or added more weight, but I'm just tired. My schedule is all effed from working so much. I hope this is over soon. Ah well, tomorrow is another day.
    5'10"

Why'd you decide to DL today, bro? You could have done it tomorrow with your squat day. Although,sometimes I know it's hard to pass up the temptation hahaha.

Great work regardless.
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

Why'd you decide to DL today, bro? You could have done it tomorrow with your squat day. Although,sometimes I know it's hard to pass up the temptation hahaha.

Great work regardless.
    Just trying to squeeze in two workouts, since I couldn't Monday or Tuesday. You're right though, probably woiuld've been better paired with squats. And thanks broski.

I hate caloric deficits....

Squats-
    100x5
    125x5
    150x3
    175x3
    200x3
    225x4
    115x5
    135x5
    x5
    x5
    x5

No PR today. Tied reps with last month. It's fine though, considering the weight loss and crappy diet. Work will slow down soon and I'll get back on track.
    5'10"

Ahh, how the hell did you manage to squat the day after pulling? There such similar movements and target the same muscle groups. Lesson learned, I hope? So was that the most amount you've ever pulled? What do you mean technically and it was your 1st attempt? Meaning you know you can do more but you've never pulled more than 3 plates? If so, congrats! Doesn't it feel great to hit that milestone?! If you're getting stronger and losing weight at the same time, clearly you're training right! Don't change a thing, doodz!

Ya, no kidding. Squatting after your deadlift day took some big balls. I couldn't do it. But good for you for showing the commitment.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Hope to see you smashing it again soon, manly. Work and real life always gets to you some time or another! Keep at it broseph!
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Looking strong as a motherf***er in here brotha!

Haha, about the leg extension PR (even if it was serious, I have to admit I busted out some lolage...)

Every post I see "PR" written, so keep doing whatever you are doing!!! Awesome job!
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Ahh, how the hell did you manage to squat the day after pulling? There such similar movements and target the same muscle groups. Lesson learned, I hope? So was that the most amount you've ever pulled? What do you mean technically and it was your 1st attempt? Meaning you know you can do more but you've never pulled more than 3 plates? If so, congrats! Doesn't it feel great to hit that milestone?! If you're getting stronger and losing weight at the same time, clearly you're training right! Don't change a thing, doodz!
    Well, since my grip sucks so bad, the ol' legs don't get too much of a workout when I pull...That'll change though.And yes, 315 is the most I've ever pulled. That will also change soon. It felt pretty good, but 3 plates for DL really isn't much. But thanks anyway!

Ya, no kidding. Squatting after your deadlift day took some big balls. I couldn't do it. But good for you for showing the commitment.
    Lol, thanks. If I can help it, I'll never miss one of the Big 4 in a week.

Hope to see you smashing it again soon, manly. Work and real life always gets to you some time or another! Keep at it broseph!
    Yes, it does. Crazy busy couple weeks, but the good news is, I'm officially on a job hunt. I will reclaim my life. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    Looking strong as a motherf***er in here brotha!

Haha, about the leg extension PR (even if it was serious, I have to admit I busted out some lolage...)

Every post I see "PR" written, so keep doing whatever you are doing!!! Awesome job!
    Thanks bro! Not as strong as you unfortunately! The leg extension PR was 100% joke. I mean technically true probably, but definitely said it tongue-in-cheek. Maybe I should've done tricep kickbacks instead??

Alright I know it's been awhile, so here's what's been goin on in my neck of the woods:

Couple fridays ago, had a very embarrassing moment... I benched 180x3 on my heavy set. Was one of those days where stress/poor diet/poor sleep all ****ed me over. I was a little discouraged since a couple weeks prior I had hit 180x7.

The next week, I worked 80 hours so didn't have much time for lifting. So I used it as a gheyload week:

Wednesday-
    DL:
    125x5
    155x5
    185x5

Squats:
    100x5
    125x5
    150x5

OH Press:
    55x5
    65x5
    80x5

End.

Saturday-
    Bench:
    80x5
    100x5
    120x5
    140x3
    160x10
    115x5
    x5
    x5

Squats:
    225x1, was just trying something with form. Seemed to work.

Smith machine squat:
    Bar x 1, this was really hard...The bar was preventing me from going down it was so light. I think it may have been negative weight actually. Anyway by the time I got ATG, my heels were like 4 inches off the ground. I have no idea how people squat this way. Yet I see it all the time.

Now the good part. I ordered a shirt and a couple zip up hoodies from elitefts. Since I spent over $50, I got a free pair of lifting straps. Which brings me to today:

DLs-
    125x5
    155x5
    185x3
    230x5 Tried the straps on for these, amazing help with grip.
    260x3 No straps, just chalk.
    290x7 PR, Easy. Straps are the shiz-bomb. My posterior chain actually felt a little fatigued from this.I think my DLs will be improving much faster from here on out. My previous best was 270x7 about a month ago, so this is a big improvement. Oh the hoodies I got are sweet too...
    5'10"

Nice job man on the PR, I am pulling 290 this week also. I got a nice hoody from Elitefts myself.