Thread: could do with a bit of help?

Wannabebig Member

could do with a bit of help?

Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the right place, to cut a long story short this time last yeah i was extremely fit, running, weights, the lot. I hurt my ankle and have not turned into what i would call a moose!

I am 6 ft 2 and weigh just under 15 stone which on the whole i not bad but the sheer lack of muscle and growwing man boobs is really startingto piss me off.

My ankle is fully fit now so i am getting back into the trainign but i am intrested to know what our thoughts are on what would be my best route.

Ihave weights set up in my garage to go the WBB routines, i was going to do some HITT twice a week, weights in line with the programme (maybe even starting strength) and stick to a high protein diety.

At the min Fat Loss is my main goal, yes i still want ot use the weights but my previous trainign has all been geared to weights as i have never been this podgy!

Any help, assistance you can give me would be fantastic, i have even thought of a low carorie high protein diet for a month or so to start off but then again i odnt want to end up hating the food i am eating!

CPhapner (i think that is his name) used a diet last time i was on here and i tried it, chicken, cheese and broccili, high protein and low carbs, it was good until i got sick of the same foods..

Anyways, that is me done for now, any help you can give me will be awesome,

Cheers everyone, hope you all had a great Christmas and welcome the New Year.

Cheers

Mike

depends what your going for. if u wanna bulk up you should maybe ditch the HIIT for a bit until u wanna start cutting. your muscles need lots a calories to build and doing intense cardio with cancel that out, so you would wanna limit your cardio. however, you said fat loss is your main goal so i would go with a good GPP routine, they're great for fat loss and all around fitness. if you are looking to get toned i would maybe start on WBB 2. whatever your goal is, make sure you are getting the proper diet requirements. lots of beginner think they can just lift weights and eat close to nothing to get jacked up with no fat, but it clearly doesnt work that way. you should do as much research on diet (the WBB homepage has some great articles you should look into) as this is one of the most overlooked yet important factors of weight lifting. good luck

Moved this here. You might get more help in this section.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig Member
    cheers for the info, i have been lifting for years and part of me thinks, i know what to do, i have my diet sorted and no one knows my body better than me, then on the other hand i always think, is there a better way of my doing something?

As for my diet i am goingt o trial this and see houw it goes, something like

Breakfast - 3 egg whites omolatte with bacon bits and chilli flakes and mushrooms. and a pint of skimmed milk - Wife loves the stuff although it tastes like piss!
    snack - fruit
    dinner - chicken breast and green veg
    snack - protein shake
    gym - poss starting strength - not sure on the cardio aspect of it, as you say above if i am going for muscle i may just stop all cardio at forst and see how it goes with just weights,
    tea - ??
    snack - fruit/protein bar - home made or something like that

All with loads of water

So as for trainig would you say as a guide, for muscle, weights, no cardio, or can istick a bit of HITT in there, i love running and want to get back into it but i dont have any problems stopping the running for a while while i juse use weights?

Cheers

MIke

Gman-You state fat loss is your main goal and you like running,I would run when you want to and follow one of the set lifting programs. Just remember it "may" slow down some of your total strength gains. One thing that I know about myself is that I have lost weight and my body has improved I am even more motivated to lift! So if losing a bit of weight first and feeling good about yourself is a goal do it! At 6'2" and 205ish pounds you aren't that heavy though. As a previous lifter I bet a lot of muscle comes back quickly if you follow a quality program. If you are gonna run maybe try WBB1 as you don't squat as often and running "shouldn't" be as hard on recovery.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/training/r...ginal-routine/

One other thing,if you hate skim milk,drink whole. Only about 100 calories a day difference in a pint. Also not much fiber or carbs in that meal plan,maybe some oats in the protein shake. The diet experts would comment better,but most of them suggest not cutting carbs that low.
    "The deadlift is more functional in that its very hard to imagine a more useful application of strength than picking heavy *h*t up off the ground" Rip

Max 3x5 Goal 3x5 by 12/31/11 *1X5
    Bench (245) (275) 285x1x1 335
    Dead (385)* (445) 435x1x1 505
    Squat (320) (355) 355X1X1 405
    Squat (195) (275) 20 Reppers!
    (950) (1075) 1075 1245 Goals (Not including 20 reps)
    5'10" 288Lbs 02/01/2011 Goal Weight 230 On my way back from a Break!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGMan View Post
    cheers for the info, i have been lifting for years and part of me thinks, i know what to do, i have my diet sorted and no one knows my body better than me, then on the other hand i always think, is there a better way of my doing something?

As for my diet i am goingt o trial this and see houw it goes, something like

Breakfast - 3 egg whites omolatte with bacon bits and chilli flakes and mushrooms. and a pint of skimmed milk - Wife loves the stuff although it tastes like piss!
    snack - fruit
    dinner - chicken breast and green veg
    snack - protein shake
    gym - poss starting strength - not sure on the cardio aspect of it, as you say above if i am going for muscle i may just stop all cardio at forst and see how it goes with just weights,
    tea - ??
    snack - fruit/protein bar - home made or something like that

All with loads of water

So as for trainig would you say as a guide, for muscle, weights, no cardio, or can istick a bit of HITT in there, i love running and want to get back into it but i dont have any problems stopping the running for a while while i juse use weights?

Cheers

MIke
    You need to eat lunch. You cant skip meals that will over all lower your muscel gaining ability. I love to run as well so try like a maximum of 30 minutes. I eat then go to the gym lift weights and then run. So some of the calories go to my muscels and then the rest gets burned but thats what i do. You need to find a running program that fits you best, and dont forget to stretch before you lift Good luck and Happy New Year!

Here is a list of foods that you can utilize in your diet. There are quite a few options and as long as you switch things up a bit from time to time it should not be too boring.

I am a believer in dieting six days per week and having a 'cheat day' as long as you are not preparing to step on stage in the near future. This will increase your recovery capabilities and allow you to hold onto more size.

'Bodybuilding' Foods:

Protein:
    - Lean Meat
    - Grilled Chicken
    - Fish (Salmon, Tuna, Etc.)
    - Egg Whites
    - Protein Powder

Carbs:
    - Sweet Potatoes
    - Oatmeal
    - Brown Rice
    - Broccoli
    - Whole Grains
    - Spinach
    - Cauliflower
    - Fruit in moderation.

Fats:
    - Nuts (Natural Peanut Butter, Almonds)
    - Olive Oil
    - Heavy Cream (with protein shakes)
    - Avocados
    - EFA Supplements
    - Flax Seed

Dairy is debated, but most people can get away with some fat free cottage cheese, greek style yogurt, or perhaps a bit of skim milk as long as they are not pre-contest.

Most bodybuilders consume at least 100 grams of protein per day from shakes (sometimes 2-3X that amount); so having a good quality protein shake is very important. For that I would recommend Nitrean because it is a protein blend (versatile), tastes good, mixes well, and the cost per serving is reasonable.

Hope this helps!
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 218 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Great list Tom. I try to eat all those foods on your list and I agree with the Nitrean recomendation...that stuff is so yummy
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig Member
    fantastic info, thank you, ill have a sort out on my plan over the weekend, sorry i should have been a bi more clear, i wont be skipping a meal but for my tea/lunch i am not sure what to have weather a low carb or high carb i am not too sure? Some really positive stuff here and i am hoping it all comes back within a few months as i cant fit in my dam jeans!! ha ha, cheers evrryone, hope you all have a great new year

:-)