The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

The Longhorns are drowning

McCoy out in the first 5 minutes....what a shame. I'm confident the Tide would've won the game handily, but with McCoy out it's probably going to be ridiculous.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Now all you Bama fans have to listen to everyone in the country questioning that championship. I think you would have won also with or without - it is pretty amazing what Saban has done in that short time.

It's a team game. How well did GMac play?
    Roll Tide.

Won a nice amount for what i put down tonight came out 1:1 pretty much. Next year theres going to be A LOT of good teams with all the young players on the top teams.
    You give what you give, what you don't give is lost forever, this day will never come again.

400/300/500 by 2011.

I think Texas would have won pretty easily with Colt. The defense was playing with so much intensity then he went down and it seemed like they lost the intensity a little bit. Gilbert missed so many open receivers that I'm sure Colt would have hit. Still turned out to be a good game. I really never understood why no one was giving Texas a chance in this one.
    Current Maxes: (May 2009)
    Bench: 275 | Squat: 355 | Clean: 240 | Deadlift: 455 | Body Weight-205lbs
    "When you know Squat about lifting, you know the important part."

That doesn't even count as a NC game to me...Bama won by default as they were not playing the #2 team in the country for 99% of the game last night. Yeah it is a team game blah blah blah but when the most integral part of that team is taken away and replaced by a freshman with no experience...yeah you get the point (unless you are a bama fan)
    6'1", 215lbs

Deadlift - 475, Front Squat - 320, Back Squat - 405

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Injuries are part of the game. This is why you have back ups, and team depth is considered important. There have been back up QB's who have gone on to win championships. This happens to be a big weakness in Texas's line up that was exposed in the game.

I have no allegiance to either side and don't watch college football except maybe some Rutgers games and an occasional bowl if nothing else is on.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

I guess I posted a little to soon. Can't believe they got it to 24-21, would have loved to see Texas come back, now that would have been one for the ages.

I think everyone thought it was game over when McCoy left the game. I was pretty impressed with that freshmen QB being able to do that well with what was handed him. Hasn't played all year and I'm certain he didn't expect to play in the national championship game.

First half was boring to watch, late 3rd and 4th quarter were more fun though.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

For losing Colt, Texas still played a hell of a game.

Colt- Your soft. Take the needle and get back on the field
    Goal:190lbs @ 10% bf by 2011
    Current Stats
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 184
    TEXAS GOON HOCKEY!

I guess my point was I was just disappointed because we did not get to see the number 1 team in the nation play the number 2 team in the nation because without McCoy, Texas is not the number 2 team in the nation. I just wanted to see a good game

I do have to say that Texas should be doing alright the next few years though because when that kid gets some experience under his belt he should be solid. I will go ahead and say I will be surprised if he doesn't get back to a NC game and play a bit differently than last night.
    6'1", 215lbs

Quote Originally Posted by TXslapshot View Post

I'm sure he would have been all for it, but he said he couldnt even feel his arm.
    You give what you give, what you don't give is lost forever, this day will never come again.

400/300/500 by 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondSucks View Post
    I'm sure he would have been all for it, but he said he couldnt even feel his arm.
    True, and im sure it pained him to watch his team lose from the sidelines but still its been reported as a sprained shoulder. Maybe im not sensetive to injuries because hockey is known for its guys playing through injuries but I was in awe he didnt even attempt to come back. Either way, hes got a pro career to think of so in the long run, im sure it was a good call.
    Current Stats
    TEXAS GOON HOCKEY!

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondSucks View Post
    Thats good, if he got hit in it again he would have no pain...

I think Colt just delivered a fatal blow to his mystique as a Texas Longhorn legend. If its anything we hate more than anything here in Texas it is a quitter, and it is wide opinion that he quit on his team.
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

I think Colt just delivered a fatal blow to his mystique as a Texas Longhorn legend. If its anything we hate more than anything here in Texas it is a quitter, and it is wide opinion that he quit on his team.
    True, and in the eyes of most Texas residents he could win 5 super bowls but he did not get it done in the end for UT. Now if Jerry Jones can sign him and he wins one for Dallas, then he'll almost make up for this.
    Current Stats
    TEXAS GOON HOCKEY!

Quote Originally Posted by BigCorey75 View Post
    Thats good, if he got hit in it again he would have no pain...

Was it his throwing arm/shoulder that he hurt?. If so, how could he throw a ball accurate if he can't feel his arm?. It defeats the purpose, doesn't it?. To my knowledge, he could have gone into the NFL draft after last season. He stayed because he wanted a chance at the Nat'l championship. I highly doubt that he'd quit on his team. Not after 4 seasons of being a Longhorn. If we were talking about a weak QB who is insecure of his play then maybe. That's not the case with Colt.
    Last edited by whatdahell?; 01-08-2010 at 11:31 PM.
    23 years old
    5' 6"
    153 lbs

Bench: 315
    Deadlift: 400
    Squat: 425

Quote Originally Posted by TXslapshot View Post

Would you have been a better fit for UT?. If so, you should have done something for them in your days of college. If not, can it. It's ignorant to think he would have rather stood on the sidelines rather than play in what was the biggest game he's been a part of.
    23 years old
    5' 6"
    153 lbs

Bench: 315
    Deadlift: 400
    Squat: 425

I read it was a pinched nerve and his arm felt like a wet noodle. They said he could throw the ball and throw it hard but it had absolutely no control. You would stand a better chance with Shipley running QB if that is true so having the froshy play was probably their best bet.
    6'1", 215lbs

Alabama became content when McCoy got out. They gave Texas a lot of chances to win that game early and late, yet still won by two scores. McCoy would have had nothing to offer and the game would have played a lot differently. A few of those interceptions weren't even that kid's fault. It is a shame because McCoy will always be remembered for coming up short. Last year Texas probably deserved to be in this game, but the result would have been ugly.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by whatdahell? View Post
    Was it his throwing arm/shoulder that he hurt?. If so, how could he throw a ball accurate if he can't feel his arm?. It defeats the purpose, doesn't it?. To my knowledge, he could have gone into the NFL draft after last season. He stayed because he wanted a chance at the Nat'l championship. I highly doubt that he'd quit on his team. Not after 4 seasons of being a Longhorn. If we were talking about a weak QB who is insecure of his play then maybe. That's not the case with Colt.
    If anyone drafts colt before the 5th round, they are going to waste a pick. I was saying that last year when he was having a dream season. Good college QB i see him being no more than a career backup in the NFL
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Would you have been a better fit for UT?. If so, you should have done something for them in your days of college. If not, can it. It's ignorant to think he would have rather stood on the sidelines rather than play in what was the biggest game he's been a part of.
    Nah not for football, I still find Colt soft as pie buddy. Hurt arm, so what...Atleast try. I skated the last two periods of my college career with a torn ACL, we had guys with blown shoulders playing because they loved the game(and we didnt have much of a chance of going pro in North America). Either way tough guy, youve probably never played sports at a high level, so please...can it.
    Current Stats
    TEXAS GOON HOCKEY!

I don't think this was a real national championship. If Dont'a Hightower hadn't gotten hurt against Arkansas... If Rolando McClain hadn't been sick...
    Roll Tide.

I read that Colt tried to throw at halftime and couldn't do it. He said it wasn't painful but he tried a few practice throws and they just didn't go anywhere. He couldn't even play catch with his father standing 10 yards away. Tough break for the kid, and a shame for the whole country who wanted to see a more exciting game between the top 2 teams. I still think Bama is the better team, even if McCoy stayed healthy.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!