The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Vertical Jump Programs

Anyone know any good ones that are essentially free??? I dont mind paying money for a book, but honestly I just want to switch up training a little bit for a higher vertical leap. I'm willing to put in months of dedication and hard work for added inches. Any of you know a proven workout that should get me to my goal?
    -deltoids anonomous

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Do some reading on plyometrics and DE training and how to implement them into your program. Ive read most of the vertical jump articles on elitefts and they all seem to be pretty good.

Check out Kelly Baggetts stuff. Higher faster stronger .com...Theres also a thread below this one that has some links in it on Kelly's articles.

10 years ago i had 39 inches...life happened got old and fat and was down to 24...could barely touch the rim...I've been doing some of his stuff for 2 weeks and have gained 4 inches already.
    Bench: Half a subway club
    Squat: to pee
    Deadlift: no thanks

don't let the 12" pythons fool you....i can run way faster scared than you can mad

Quote Originally Posted by slashkills View Post
    Do some reading on plyometrics and DE training and how to implement them into your program. Ive read most of the vertical jump articles on elitefts and they all seem to be pretty good.
    Agreed.

The common theme among jump programs is developing more power in the hips and glutes and plyometric/speed training for the jump.

It will boil down to a little bit of specificity as with anything else. Practicing the jumps will help.

Do you have access to plyometric boxes?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

yes I believe a 34" and a 42" box are at the gym I go to
    -deltoids anonomous

I have done LOTS of plyos in my day and I can tell you they work! Just don't forget the stretch reflex portion of each movement and remember that you are training your muscles to get to maximum strength in the shortest time possible not shortest range of motion???? Hope that makes sense?

On a side note, I did some plyometric training with some world class guys and I mean guys who could single cycle (one leg) bound 45 yards on 8 touches, thats an everage of almost 17 feet per cycle on one leg, not rotating legs and from a standing start and they all told me that they did not feel they could safely single leg bound hard until they could squat 2.5 times their own body weight easily???? Not to mention it can be really hard on the joints, but in most of the power lifting type plyos I have seen it is mostly double leg stuff anyways.... I have been doing some at home...

But when I learned to bound my vertical went through the rooffff! I had a lot of fun playing pick up games of B ball back in the day

Just a thought..... Good luck brother!