Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1015 raw rev band squat

1015 raw rev band squat

Video
    Best Raw Squatter and Sponsored by the Best AtLarge Nutrition, Titan, and APT.

Robert, you are strong as ****!

I do have one question, every video I have ever seen of you squatting has you cutting the reps high. I know you are going to compete, so why do you do it that way? Do you do other sessions to depth? Is it a training principle for you? I just want to understand your position. I'm not trying to give you a hard time.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

well chris from that position you cannot see my hips if u get a side view my squats are as deep as any but from the back they look high

from the back all my squats look high

Im just chiming in b/c I have noticed what chris is saying........Do you really think thats not 3 inches high? No Disrespect intended, But I am curious.
    Last edited by ScottYard; 01-02-2010 at 10:20 PM.
    Best raw meet lifts
    Squat:765 with wraps. / 700 raw with out wraps
    Bench: 525
    Deadlift: 755
    Total: Raw with wraps: 2000. with out wraps: 1925

Best lifts Equipped
    1050, 840, 715. Total: 2605

Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

You are strong as a bull, but Scott is being generous w/ those squats being 3 inches high

I will take Robert at his word as videos can be very deceiving. In the end, all that matters is what the judges think at a meet.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Awesome raw strength... Maybe a little high bro, but still, an insane amount of weight!

strong lifts dude! The 2nd rep looked better than the first. I think you still got a 1000 in you if you hit depth

Quote Originally Posted by ScottYard View Post
    Im just chiming in b/c I have noticed what chris is saying........Do you really think thats not 3 inches high? No Disrespect intended, But I am curious.
    Well Scott I am not trying to impress anyone but in every video from meets to training all my squats look high but I'll put this out to anybody come do a squat day with me or come to a meet and see for themselves.

KING KONG BABY!!!!

huge squats! all that matters is what goes down in the platform. You could easily have the world record single ply squat if you went after it!

how's that deadlift looking?
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!

Nice squatting Robert!!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

DAMN! You unracked that like it was 135. Nice!
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong51 View Post
    Well Scott I am not trying to impress anyone but in every video from meets to training all my squats look high but I'll put this out to anybody come do a squat day with me or come to a meet and see for themselves.
    Ill take your word for it lol. You are strong and you do get whites in meets so like you said maybe it is the camera.
    Best raw meet lifts
    Squat:765 with wraps. / 700 raw with out wraps
    Bench: 525
    Deadlift: 755
    Total: Raw with wraps: 2000. with out wraps: 1925

Best lifts Equipped
    1050, 840, 715. Total: 2605

Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

Wannabebig New Member

The man is a ****ing giant how low do you want him to go? If you pause it when he's at his lowest point his thighs are definitely parallel.

Not to trivialize such an incredible lift....

Quote Originally Posted by thewicked View Post
    KING KONG BABY!!!!

huge squats! all that matters is what goes down in the platform. You could easily have the world record single ply squat if you went after it!

how's that deadlift looking?
    Moving along trying to hit a PR every week.

I do think you got a little deeper on the second one, but all comments on depth aside, you manhandled that weight. This was a training video, not a meet video and you've more than proven that you will get whites in a meet.

So what meet are you planning on breaking that 1000lb barrier in? If its near by here, I want to go watch it happen.
    Finally ELITE @ SHW..

Single ply: 931 squat, 760 bench, 530 deadlift and 2180 total
    Multi ply: 960 squat, 770 bench, 550 deadlift and 2250 total.

The next stop: PRO total.

HOO's Gym: building the strongest gym in the South, one plate at a time.

Just curious approx how much did those bands help in pounds at the bottom of those reps? Is there a way to accuratly figure it? Just trying to learn more,not a comment on that ungodly amount of weight you are lifting. WOW!
    "The deadlift is more functional in that it’s very hard to imagine a more useful application of strength than picking heavy *h*t up off the ground" Rip

Max 3x5 Goal 3x5 by 12/31/11 *1X5
    Bench (245) (275) 285x1x1 335
    Dead (385)* (445) 435x1x1 505
    Squat (320) (355) 355X1X1 405
    Squat (195) (275) 20 Reppers!
    (950) (1075) 1075 1245 Goals (Not including 20 reps)
    5'10" 288Lbs 02/01/2011 Goal Weight 230 On my way back from a Break!

damn Robert! You are gettin big aint ya? lol

Nice work...
    Sponsored by:
    OverKill Strength Equipment
    APT ProWristStraps

Success is usually achieved by always doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability." John Wooden

Yeah, I meant to ask, what are you weighing now Robert?

I thought you looked considerably bigger in this video compared to past ones. Than I thought it might just be the shorter hair.

Quote Originally Posted by hatemachine View Post
    The man is a ****ing giant how low do you want him to go? If you pause it when he's at his lowest point his thighs are definitely parallel.

Not to trivialize such an incredible lift....
    I gotta be honest. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I don't care. First of all, to Kingkong: Incredible lift, you are seriously strong. Nothing can take away how strong you are, and I would never critique any of your lifts.

That being said, I WILL critique the responses in this thread. If a new poster came in squatting 315 with this same depth, everyone would be all over them about how crappy their depth is. If they came back and said it was the camera angle, everyone would flame them even more. How is it that we can set such a double standard? I don't care if he's squatting 135 or 1350, and I don't care if he weighs 120 or 420. Parallel is parallel. To say that this squat is parallel is ridiculous, and to accept it because "kingkong said so" is just as ridiculous. If any other person did this, they'd be flamed right off the board.

Once again, no disrespect to Kingkong, this is an incredible feet of strength, but that squat is NOT parallel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    5'8" 177 (meet PRs) ALL RAW

Bench - 290 (291) Pause reps Dead - 500 (479.5) Squat - 446 (430)

Total - 1236 (1168.4)

Goals: Bench - 280 met 1/19/09 new goal - 300 Squat - 435 met 11/28/09 new goal 475 Dead - 500 met 1/23/10 new goal 525

The Quest

oh good grief. Its a training video for ****s sake. Why waste internet space arguing over it? This is a guy with a proven track record on the platform. He'll do what needs to be done when he steps up on the platform.
    Finally ELITE @ SHW..

Single ply: 931 squat, 760 bench, 530 deadlift and 2180 total
    Multi ply: 960 squat, 770 bench, 550 deadlift and 2250 total.

The next stop: PRO total.

HOO's Gym: building the strongest gym in the South, one plate at a time.

lol this topic is nuts already. Good job on pushing some sick limits King Kong, paralel or not you moved the weight enough for me to be impressed by those lifts.
    -deltoids anonomous

Quote Originally Posted by Painzer View Post
    I gotta be honest. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I don't care. First of all, to Kingkong: Incredible lift, you are seriously strong. Nothing can take away how strong you are, and I would never critique any of your lifts.

That being said, I WILL critique the responses in this thread. If a new poster came in squatting 315 with this same depth, everyone would be all over them about how crappy their depth is. If they came back and said it was the camera angle, everyone would flame them even more. How is it that we can set such a double standard? I don't care if he's squatting 135 or 1350, and I don't care if he weighs 120 or 420. Parallel is parallel. To say that this squat is parallel is ridiculous, and to accept it because "kingkong said so" is just as ridiculous. If any other person did this, they'd be flamed right off the board.

Once again, no disrespect to Kingkong, this is an incredible feet of strength, but that squat is NOT parallel.
    The difference is EXPERIENCE and posting not ONE but MANY totals in a meet and getting many squats passed. It's a training video, nothing more, nothing less.