The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Rehband compression briefs

anyone know where to find the older model Rehbands, that's the blue ones you see all the strongman pros wearing.
    for some reason Rehbnd redesigned these and some say the older ones a much better.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    Jackals gym sells them still but they are pretty expensive. I was considering purchasing them for heavy squat days but I'm wondering if oversized power pants by inzer might be more cost effective

I know Rhodes wears them when he's squatting and loves them.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Banned
    is this the product we are discussing?
    http://www.jackalsgym.com/store.aspx?prod_id=RH-WP

yeah that's it.
    but I know that Jackals gym sells them, I was talking about the older style. Rehband put out a new style now, that's what everyones selling and they're slightly different from the ones you see the pros wearing in WSM

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    What's the difference between briefs and compressions shorts?
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    What's the difference between briefs and compressions shorts?
    Compression shorts just provide warmth, no hinderance to your movement or aid to your squat.
    Raw 220/105kg lifter
    Best comp lifts:
    252.5kg/170kg/320kg
    120SN/140CJ

Best gym lifts
    257/175//320
    120SN/146CJ

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    I know Rhodes wears them when he's squatting and loves them.
    i know rehbands have been terrific for my knees and i've been considering getting the shorts and i think you just sold me on them. squatting 3-4 days a week as i've been doing yields awesome gains but with a wide raw stance it's a bit of a pain on the hips so i'm hoping these do the trick. one other thing i've realized is just go straight with rehband when buying a sleeve i bought a tomy kono set of elbow sleeves and was extremeeeelly disapointed, the fit was aweful and performed nothing like rehband.

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Rehbands are not briefs, they are neoprene compression shorts. The neoprene provides a bit more warmth than spandex-like material (traditional compression shorts).

There are a few options:
    • Yoga Pants (least expensive) / you can pick these up at large retailers for under $15 and they will provide good warmth. Less durable than Rehbands and other similar products.
    • Vulkan Warm Pants / These are a good alternative to Rehbands. They come in 1.5 mm and 3 mm (same as old Rehband) thickness but are a bit less expensive. You can purchase these from TheWeakGetEaten.
    • Old Style Blue Rehbands / Check on Ebay; TheWeakGetEaten used to sell these, might still be a few floating around but they changed them about two years ago so you could have a hard time finding them and they will probably still run you $55-60+
    • New Style Rehbands / Jackals Gym is the best place to buy new rehband equipment or the old style blue knee sleeves.
    • Powerlifting Briefs / Titan, Inzer, and Metal are all popular. If you are looking for something to protect your hips when squatting then I would go with powerlifting briefs. If you are just looking for warmth then neoprene shorts would be the better option.
    • Groove Briefs / Inzer sells these, they are basically underwear made out of polyester powerlifting suit material. These can be worn under warm pants to give you support. Power Pants are economical briefs and provide a bit of protection as well (also Inzer).
    • Regular Compression Shorts / These are economical and can provide warm without impacting mobility.

What exactly are you planning on using them for? I can make a specific recommendation with that information.
    Last edited by Tom Mutaffis; 01-11-2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Format
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    Rehbands are not briefs, they are neoprene compression shorts. The neoprene provides a bit more warmth than spandex-like material (traditional compression shorts).

There are a few options:
    • Yoga Pants (least expensive) / you can pick these up at large retailers for under $15 and they will provide good warmth. Less durable than Rehbands and other similar products.
    • Vulkan Warm Pants / These are a good alternative to Rehbands. They come in 1.5 mm and 3 mm (same as old Rehband) thickness but are a bit less expensive. You can purchase these from TheWeakGetEaten.
    • Old Style Blue Rehbands / Check on Ebay; TheWeakGetEaten used to sell these, might still be a few floating around but they changed them about two years ago so you could have a hard time finding them and they will probably still run you $55-60+
    • New Style Rehbands / Jackals Gym is the best place to buy new rehband equipment or the old style blue knee sleeves.
    • Powerlifting Briefs / Titan, Inzer, and Metal are all popular. If you are looking for something to protect your hips when squatting then I would go with powerlifting briefs. If you are just looking for warmth then neoprene shorts would be the better option.
    • Groove Briefs / Inzer sells these, they are basically underwear made out of polyester powerlifting suit material. These can be worn under warm pants to give you support. Power Pants are economical briefs and provide a bit of protection as well (also Inzer).
    • Regular Compression Shorts / These are economical and can provide warm without impacting mobility.

What exactly are you planning on using them for? I can make a specific recommendation with that information.

you know tom you always put alot of effort when answering questions. props to you. good little writeup.

how do the vulkan supports compare to old rehbands? looking at the vulkan prices it seems alot more practical to buy those and if the quality/fit is anything close to rehbands i'd be sold on the brand.

Rehband

Tom, was just looking for something to keep the hip & thigh area warm and tight.
    i'm real big on raw lifting, so not looking for anything that adds assistance.
    looks like i won't find the old blue style Rehbands, just figured if they were so much better than the newer ones i'd get those.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugby Dad View Post
    Tom, was just looking for something to keep the hip & thigh area warm and tight.
    i'm real big on raw lifting, so not looking for anything that adds assistance.
    looks like i won't find the old blue style Rehbands, just figured if they were so much better than the newer ones i'd get those.
    i ordered some old style warmpants from jackalsgym this week and got to wear them my first time yesterday they were amazing. you can only get them in black now but they are made the same as th eblues. i only benched with them but i always have hip pain and trouble loosening up my hips for my arch and had NO problem setting up from warmup set number 1 and on. they are amazing. i'd wait to see if tom knows how the vulkan supports stack up to the rehbands though because vulkans are 45 bucks compared to 60.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by endymion88 View Post
    i ordered some old style warmpants from jackalsgym this week and got to wear them my first time yesterday they were amazing. you can only get them in black now but they are made the same as th eblues. i only benched with them but i always have hip pain and trouble loosening up my hips for my arch and had NO problem setting up from warmup set number 1 and on. they are amazing. i'd wait to see if tom knows how the vulkan supports stack up to the rehbands though because vulkans are 45 bucks compared to 60.
    Bringing this back from the dead...

Did you pick up the blue rehbands? I am considering ordering either Rehbands or Vulkan warm pants next week.

Also does anyone know where you can pick up the 3mm Vulkans?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmanuel View Post

Did you pick up the blue rehbands? I am considering ordering either Rehbands or Vulkan warm pants next week.

i have the old style compression shorts and rehband knee sleeves and they are both nice although i tore one of my sleeves being stupid. just use google to find the vulkans.

The Rehbands are 1.5 mm and the Vulkan are available in either .5 mm or 1.5 mm. I have never heard of 3 mm warm pants but if Vulkan makes them then your best bet would be to contact Jeff Bach (owner of TheWeakGetEaten); his email is jbatstl@yahoo.com.

Banned
    The Rehbands are 1.5 mm and the Vulkan are available in either .5 mm or 1.5 mm. I have never heard of 3 mm warm pants but if Vulkan makes them then your best bet would be to contact Jeff Bach (owner of TheWeakGetEaten); his email is jbatstl@yahoo.com.
    Thanks Tom I was inquiring about the 3mm because you mentioned it previously in this thread. I will contact Jeff and place an order this week. Thanks again

Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis
    * Vulkan Warm Pants / These are a good alternative to Rehbands. They come in 1.5 mm and 3 mm (same as old Rehband) thickness but are a bit less expensive. You can purchase these from TheWeakGetEaten.
    Last edited by Cmanuel; 12-03-2010 at 08:19 AM.

Thanks Tom I was inquiring about the 3mm because you mentioned it previously in this thread. I will contact Jeff and place an order this week. Thanks again
    Sorry, that was a typo.

Do you currently use Under Armor style compression shorts? That is where I would start before purchasing Neoprene shorts.

Banned
    Sorry, that was a typo.

Do you currently use Under Armor style compression shorts? That is where I would start before purchasing Neoprene shorts.
    Yeah i do, but they really only work well inside. I wanted to get some neoprene shorts for when we do outdoor events (yoke, farmers, etc). Starting to get Colorado cold here and I need something warmer!

A friend of mine just sent a link today for some 3mm warm pants, and they are considerably less expensive than Rehbands:

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...S&merchID=4005
    Last edited by Tom Mutaffis; 12-06-2010 at 09:13 AM.

Banned
    I got my pair of Vulkan warm pants today in the mail. They are the 1.5mm, fit very snug and keep everything VERY warm and tight during moving events.

Very nice for the money, although I wonder about the quality of the stitching as compared to the Rehband products (though I can only base this off of my Rehband knee sleeves). time will tell. Happy so far though!