Smoked cheese steak

Needed:

Chuck tender steak
    kraft fat free processed cheese
    liquid smoke seasoning
    salt, pepper, garlic powder
    Preferably a cast iron ribbed pan
    5-10 minutes

Trim the little fat you may find on these steaks then jab holes from both sides using a fork. liberally dump liquid smoke seasoning on it, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to preference. Have skillet raring hot and cook em! I like my steak rare, which with a pan like this is 3-4 minutes per side. Once they're done lay two pieces of kraft fat free processed cheese (there's swiss, sharp cheddar, and american, all delicious). Cover and let the the steak relax for 5 minutes while the cheese melts also.

I highly reccomend the ribbed cast iron skillet because one it cooks it llean ike a grill. But even more importantly after eating this meal 3 or 4 times the pan gets seasoned (don't wash it after use) and you get delicious crispy smoked char lines in it.

Nutrition using 8oz of steak and two slices of cheese:

Calories - 302
    Fat - 7.4g
    carbs - 6.9g
    protein - 49.5
    It's actually lower in fat than this too. That's the nutrition if you DON'T trim them at all and eat them out of the package (plus the 0.4 grams of fat included in the two slices of cheese)

I've dieted once a year for 8 years and this is without question my new favorite all time protein dominant dish. Easy, cheap, and great calories/macros (sodium may be high for some but I get cut just fine with lots of NA in my diet). I'm pretty sure I'd rather have this over any steakhouse steak even with regular full fat cheese.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 04-23-2010 at 08:30 PM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    I was reading this thread and thought "no way is this going to be healthy, this is going to be like the buffalo mac n cheez thread from last week."

How's the fat free cheese consistency hold up during the melting? Consistency has usually been a problem for me with the fat free cheeses when it comes to making things like melts.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

I've had the kraft fat free shredded cheese before and I threw it away. It takes forever to melt and doesn't even taste like cheese when it finally does. The processed stuff however is a whole different story, melts real easy and tastes just like the real thing. It's amazing to melt over egg whites also. Would be great for a grilled cheese too which I may make on my next refeed.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

Wannabebig Member
    I dunno kraft cheese ? Isn't that really just plastic ?

It does sound pretty tasty but I dont know whether or not I would use Kraft for it.

I would also probably try and avoid eating it too often, as it does sound like its asking for trouble even if its tasty (which I bet it is)

What's wrong with kraft brand? I'm curious as to why you would avoid one of the leanest steaks you can find and 60 cals worth or processed cheese

Banned
    nice Smoked cheese steak recipe