Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Article: Complexes for Fat Loss (and win AtLarge Nutrition Fat Burners)

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by r2473 View Post
    Personally, I do a combination of steady state cardio, intervals, and basic maintenance weight training for fat loss and have had great success (I've lost 26 lbs. in the past 2.5 months) and I'm also in much better shape because of the running.

I know that this site really hates anyone that dissents, but does anyone have personal fat loss stories from using complexes? Are there studies available that compare complexes, cardio, and a combination for fat loss? This is a pretty old thread. Surely someone must have had some really good success with this stuff.

I'm sure that the complexes are good, but I guess I'm not prepared to go along with the "cardio is dead" message in the article. It seems unnecessary.

I'm also curious about how real EPOC in fact is. It has been all the rage for the past few years, but several articles I've read say that it is really more myth than reality. Here is just one I found from a quick search:

http://humankinetics.wordpress.com/2...fter-exercise/
    I agree, I think these complexes work really well to burn calories, but in order to stay in cardiovascular shape, I still think running is a great for of cardio. Something else I add into my cardio portion is instead of just running, I'll go get on a treadmill and walk at 3.5-4.0mph and 15 incline and burn more calories than if I was to just run on a 0-1.0 incline which I'll do no less than 8.0 mph. Its feels more along the lines of a strength training exercise but it gets my heartrate over 180 and it works well to condition the legs.

The only issue I'm looking at is that considering my routine which I listed above, I'm not sure when I could add these complexes in and not hurt my weightlifting session...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    I used to sometimes include a barbell complex that I believe Crossfit refers to it as the 'Bear Complex'. It was a power clean, front squat, push press, back squat, BTN jerk, drop, repeat.

For this I would typically use 135-185 lbs and stay in the 3-5 rep range which kept my time under tension between 1-2 minutes.
    This is the complex I will probebly enjoy the most, and you have a 185 pound power snatch thats very impressive.
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2

I have done a few of the dumbell complexes and they are brutal. This is a great article.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

i no this is an old post but iv done a bit of a cut and gone from 22.5% body fat to 14% and i want to do a clean bulk my question is
    would doing theses complexes help keep to the fat down a bit while bulking? allso i have some loose skin (flab) around my hips and lower stomch would these help tighting this up? and when would be the best time to do these after my workout or on cardio days?

Is 15 Now...
    Ignore my gay username.

This makes a lot of sense to me. My friend Tyler Callahan and I used complexes(sort of) when we were lifting together and we were both noticing major improvements pretty rapidly. I have myself in a situation now where I need to lose some serious fat as quickly as possible (talking thirty plus pounds). My original plan was to change my diet to only meats and green vegetables with a piece of bread or two/half a cup of rice every other day and to do a lot of running, but now I am wondering if maybe I would be better off with limiting calories and getting in the gym and doing complexes and running my ass off. Anybody have any input here?