The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

10 Days Out

Only 10 days left til showtime. Everything is point on right now. All I'm doing atthis point is posing and working out and will contimue staright thru to Wednesday next week then stop everything except posing.

I will start tweaking and loading for the contest on Wednesday-Saturday and tweak where needed/ if needed depending on how I look. I should ry out and fill out nicely. My body is completely depleted at this point.

Here are a few pics I took today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Holy Hell Allen, you look GREAT - you have a physique that I am striving for - everything is very symetrical an you are RIPPED.

I wish you all the best in the contest and we're lucky to have you on the AtLarge team and posting here!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Wannabebig Member
    Ah, I knew I've seen you somewhere. You were an example Christian Thibaudeau used in his article.

Banned
    damn, your quads and back are truly outstanding. best of luck -- i do not think you'll need it though

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    Holy Hell Allen, you look GREAT - you have a physique that I am striving for - everything is very symetrical an you are RIPPED.

I wish you all the best in the contest and we're lucky to have you on the AtLarge team and posting here!
    No kidding. Look awesome!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Just checking in and things look well. With your hamstrings more shredded the competition shouldn't even bother stepping onstage. Nail it in 10 days. Good luck.

Thanks guys. The goal is always top 5.

Tomorrow I start loading in calories and should start filling out nicely. Since I took my 10 days out pics I have dropped a few pounds and have become even drier and harder, just depleted, so my loading approach will take care of that. I will look to weigh in around 187-189lbs Friday. I'll be right in the middle of the light-heavyweight class. Last year when I competed at this contest I weighed in at 179 lbs as a light-heavy and took 2nd place. The added size should be apparent to the judges, but as always have to see who shows up.
    Last edited by Allen Cress; 04-13-2010 at 07:18 PM.

You're looking great allen, what show is it?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Wannabebig Member
    When do you start carb loading Allen?

Quote Originally Posted by Mclovin1 View Post
    When do you start carb loading Allen?
    I don't do the typical carb deplete and load as a lot of competitiors do as I find its not very effective. My peaking strategy is a little different every year as every year is different.

Not that carbs aren't needed or that I don't use them in my loading. I base everything around loading calories and the depending on what I have been doing the past 14 weeks for prep dictates how I will load and how much and with what ratios. Without giving too much away I was at 2000 calories the last 6 weeks of prep and today I started loading with 3500 calories with specific ratios which will be tweaked Thurs, Friday, and Saturday to make me full and dry.

Today I am eating 1 pound of potatoes at every meal, with other specifics as well.

Red skin taters?
    Last edited by Behemoth; 04-14-2010 at 01:06 PM.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I like red and gold poatoes, much better flavor than russet

1 Day out

Well it looks like the off season paid off. last year at this contest I weighed in at 179 lbs as a light-heavyweight and it looks like this year i will weigh in at 190-192 lbs. Morning weight was right at 190 so after 4 meals should be my heaviest competition weight yet. Time to step on stage tomorrow and do battle and have a blast.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Best of luck

Banned
    good luck man. post up some pics of the show

good luck Allen!
    My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Banned
    anddddd? how did it go?

Another great contest and off season progress.

Another year another great contest in the books. This was by far the most competitive group I have competed against in my 15 years of bodybuilding, which made it even more fun. I weighed in at 190 lbs, up 11 lbs from last year. I still have plenty of room for growth as my weight class goes up to 198 lbs.

We were on stage for around 15 minutes straight and went thru 4 rounds of comparisons. By the end of pre-judging my legs were like jelly and whole body was fatigued. It was definitley a battle to say the least. Now the winner of my class (and overall) was hands down the largest and best porportioned guy in the contest, lacked some conditioning but overall was best on stage by far.

So after seeing him it was up in the air where 2nd thru 5th would place. There were 10 guys in my class and all with good physiques. I ended up placing 3rd and was extremely happy especially with the competiton I was against. Two of the head judges( who are also National judges and chairmen) pulled me aside after the contest and told me I had one of the best overall physiques hands down and that they saw me doing exteremly well at National level shows in 2-4 years. They said I just needed some more overall size and to tighten and work on my glute/ham area, which I aready knew was a weak point and has improved but needs more work.

Now its time to take a small break and relax then work my butt off this off season to continue to improve.

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Congrats Allen!!
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Placing in the top three of an extremely competitive show is awesome, major props!!

Contest Pics

Here are some pics from the contest and also the winner of my class who is about 3-4 inches shorter and 10 lbs heavier.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job you looked great. What becomes of this journal now?

I will start a New journal for my off season in about 2 weeks after my time off.

great showing! congrats.
    My Journal