Thread: Help me with my diet - Ectomorph

Wannabebig Member

Help me with my diet - Ectomorph

Hi everyone,

I need your help to gain lean muscle mass. The fact is that I don't know how to split my intakes wisely to do so. Also, I'm allergic to many things and it makes it MUCH MORE complicated for me.

I'm 25, 5'9, 140 lbs, 11 % BF. I need suggestions for an 6 meals a day diet (Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, diner, snack) that will make me gain lean muscle mass. I'm training 3 times a week and currently taking ISO Whey and Casein supplements to reach my protein intakes. I also have an extremely fast metabolism, since I'm an ectomorph.

The hard part now... I'm allergic to :

Nuts (deadly)
    Peanuts (deadly)
    Bananas
    Lactose
    Eggs

So I need to avoid anything that '' may contains nuts/peanuts ''...

Here is my average daily calories : 18%-51%-30% (Fat/Carbs/Protein)

Calories: 2382
    17g sat, 8g poly, 12g mono, 206 carbs, 12g fiber, 175g protein

I'm currently taking 3 scoops of Whey (+ meat) per day to reach my protein ratio goal.

(I also got pre and post workout shakes)
    My BMR is 1621, but I still don't gain weight yet, so I need to eat more of something...Please, don't just reply ''eat more'' or '' eat whatever insight'' , I get that, that's why I'm asking. I'm already having a hard time putting all thoses calories inside...without shakes, I wouldn't even get near 2.3 kcal a day.

So thanks in advance for your advices....

Ok it really is easy! You need to eat more,but you are limited on foods.
    How bout meat,meat and vegatables. Steak,lean ground beef,chicken breasts,pork chops,tuna fish! Also look at some grains,oatmeal,whole wheat bread and brown rice. Any vegetable you like eat some. But meat is the answer,pre cook large portions and take them with you. Make soups,chilis and stews and freeze them.But you need to eat more!
    "The deadlift is more functional in that its very hard to imagine a more useful application of strength than picking heavy *h*t up off the ground" Rip

Max 3x5 Goal 3x5 by 12/31/11 *1X5
    Bench (245) (275) 285x1x1 335
    Dead (385)* (445) 435x1x1 505
    Squat (320) (355) 355X1X1 405
    Squat (195) (275) 20 Reppers!
    (950) (1075) 1075 1245 Goals (Not including 20 reps)
    5'10" 288Lbs 02/01/2011 Goal Weight 230 On my way back from a Break!

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132442

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...wner=rleopando

Squat - 375
    Bench - 265
    Deadlift - 425

Goal: BW/OH squat 185 LBS x 15 by summer 2010

Luckily, the things you are allergic to are not required. Like Skinny said, concentrate on meats, fruits, veggies, and grains.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Banned
    Doesn't whey protein affect people with lactose intolerance?

If you are struggling to get enough calories then you need more calorie-dense foods so you can get more calories per mouthful. Try adding olive oil to everything. Eat more red meat.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post

If you are struggling to get enough calories then you need more calorie-dense foods so you can get more calories per mouthful. Try adding olive oil to everything. Eat more red meat.
    VyoTech makes a goat whey product called Oryx that has no lactose since it's not derived from cow's milk. Beyond that, I think I remember seeing that not all whey supplements derived from cow's milk have lactose but don't remember where that information came from.

Chances are god damned good you'll need more calories than what you're consuming now to see serious growth. Throw down a fast food burger a couple times a week. If the rest of your diet is in check and relatively clean but you can't have things like peanut butter or milk products, that's one of the few ways you'll be able to get calories in.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post

I have ISO Whey, which is Lactose-Free. Apart from Olive oil what calorie-dense food could I eat that are good for health ?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingWarlord View Post
    Throw down a fast food burger a couple times a week.
    I'm trying to avoid fast food...I want a healthy diet. Gaining fat isn't really what I'm looking for...I do know that the burger would dramatically increase my calorie intake but all the bad fat in it won't do any good to me. You can't build muscle with fat...

I Wanna Be Strong(er)
    Dude,dont get caught up in all the %'s of this and that..
    Your 140lbs bro,just freaking EAT man..
    Get Strong(er)
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...58#post2340758
    "You Were Born Small & Weak....But Nobody Said You Have To Stay That Way"

"Gain weight - this is almost impossible to recommend right now. The whole world is on a skinny jeans kick and visible abs are "in". What is also in-style is not being a narcissitic pussy. Performance trumps looks EVERYTIME. Just ask the next woman you sleep with" Jim Wendler

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallnWeaK View Post
    Dude,dont get caught up in all the %'s of this and that..
    Your 140lbs bro,just freaking EAT man..
    I know but why waste a low BF just to gain weight ? Why not gain lean muscle mass only and maintain that BF ??? This way I don't have to bulk / cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Qovak View Post
    I'm trying to avoid fast food...I want a healthy diet. Gaining fat isn't really what I'm looking for...I do know that the burger would dramatically increase my calorie intake but all the bad fat in it won't do any good to me. You can't build muscle with fat...
    True, but you can't build muscle without sufficient calories either, and fats are a great way to get sufficient calories. Just don't go overboard.

I know but why waste a low BF just to gain weight ? Why not gain lean muscle mass only and maintain that BF ??? This way I don't have to bulk / cut.
    That's a good mentality to have....For some at least. Keep your calories to between 300 to 500 over maintenance, and you'll minimize fat gain that way.
    5'10"

Ultra Nasty Hypertrophy journal (HCT-12)-http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...rnal!-(HCT-12)

Old My 5-3-1 Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132576

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMass View Post
    True, but you can't build muscle without sufficient calories either, and fats are a great way to get sufficient calories. Just don't go overboard.

That's a good mentality to have....For some at least. Keep your calories to between 300 to 500 over maintenance, and you'll minimize fat gain that way.
    What should be my fat/carbs/protein ratio in order to achieve that ?

Should I go to 30 % of fat by adding some good fats like olive oil and fish oil ?

Some good info in here, especially downing a couple greasy burgers a week leave the fries off tho. Being 140 lbs with a low bf% and your worried about getting fat??? hahah well it looks like your going to be a small fry for a while bud. With your body type you can bulk and put on a few extra pounds and then strip it off when you feel big and strong enough, theres alot of people that are the same way and look great, not fat. Plus with your allergies your already missing alot of fatty cals so you need to make it up somewhere.
    Last edited by TXslapshot; 01-16-2010 at 01:16 PM.
    Goal:190lbs @ 10% bf by 2011
    Current Stats
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 184
    TEXAS GOON HOCKEY!

Should I go to 30 % of fat by adding some good fats like olive oil and fish oil ?
    I'd say 40/30/30 is good. Carbs/protein/fat. So, yes.
    Last edited by AKMass; 01-16-2010 at 02:15 PM.
    5'10"

Ultra Nasty Hypertrophy journal (HCT-12)-http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...rnal!-(HCT-12)

Old My 5-3-1 Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132576

It won't do as much damage as you seem to have convinced yourself it will. Given your limitations, you will have to do something and, like it or not, it might be occasionally eating things that you seem to believe are the devil.

If you're really going to eat 6 times a day, that's 42 meals a week. If you have 3 burgers a week, you're still eating clean 39 times weekly. Look at the macronutrient breakdowns of some of these things before you decide you absolutely will not eat fast food under any circumstances at all. Occasional consumption isn't going to kill you and might help you since you do have so many restrictions.

Ratios are useless. Aim for specific target numbers instead. Get the protein in, then the right fats, and round off your intake with however many carbs you need. It requires a lot less effort.

Also, take this opportunity to learn something about fat and see why "good fat" and "bad fat" are useless descriptors.
    Last edited by VikingWarlord; 01-16-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.