The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Favorite weight lose "cheater" foods?

Weight lose life doesn't have to be all cottage and boiled eggs
    What are your favorite "cheater foods" that are high in protein and low in fat but still taste good? Nothing against cottage cheese and boiled eggs but here in cold and snowy Buffalo sometimes you just needs something like pizza and wings that "sticks to the ribs".

Hands down my go to meal when I get a craving is chili. Some lean ground beef with your favorite beans and stewed/crushed tomato and all the SPICES! For a twist use boneless/skinless chicken breast instead of the beef!
    Salsa is great in chili too!
    Last edited by shipdadip; 01-13-2010 at 12:56 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Call me "Not living it up".I'm very disciplined.I don't cheat.I stick to my regime.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Wannabebig Member
    "Call me "Not living it up".I'm very disciplined.I don't cheat.I stick to my regime."

Lol, do you live by the adage "Nothing tastes better than looking good"? Well, it does seem like your approach pays off

Your in buffalo man? sweet thats my hometown, where do you workout?

Quote Originally Posted by getfit View Post
    Call me "Not living it up".I'm very disciplined.I don't cheat.I stick to my regime.
    I agree...maybe I just don't love food enough to cheat, but I really never have a problem sticking to a strict diet.
    ain't nuttin but a peanut.

You will have gotten stronger when the weight that feels heavy is actually heavier than the weight that feels heavy now. Then the weight that feels heavy now will be a warmup for the weight that feels heavy then. But the weight will always feel heavy or you're not lifting enough weight. Clear? -Rippetoe

Quote Originally Posted by platypus View Post
    I agree...maybe I just don't love food enough to cheat, but I really never have a problem sticking to a strict diet.
    I love food! but, I know how to manipulate by food, so I stick to it.It's my lifestlyle.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeMuscley View Post
    "Call me "Not living it up".I'm very disciplined.I don't cheat.I stick to my regime."

Lol, do you live by the adage "Nothing tastes better than looking good"? Well, it does seem like your approach pays off
    The thing is,

Some people dream about "the forbidden" foods and crave them all the time.I don't,cravings sure, I have.I choose not to go there and stick to my regime.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Wannabebig Member
    The thing is,

Some people dream about "the forbidden" foods and crave them all the time.I don't,cravings sure, I have.I choose not to go there and stick to my regime.

Me too dude. Chili fits into my regine. It's mostly protein and vegtables but it's damn tasty!

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Astreocclu View Post
    Your in buffalo man? sweet thats my hometown, where do you workout?

Steel Mill in Lackawanna.

Quote Originally Posted by shipdadip View Post
    Me too dude. Chili fits into my regine. It's mostly protein and vegtables but it's damn tasty!
    This "dude" is a dudette ;-)

gain 50lbs-Anthony

This "dude" is a dudette ;-)
    As old and blind as I am I can see that.
    Here we go again!

"I've seen yer mug. Eeeeeeesh gotta feed ya with teh slingshot!"....Mik in reference to clvmike19

Wannabebig Member
    Try venison verses ground beef with your chili. Venison is more lean and still tastes great with chili. For fillers at mid-morning and afternoon, I fill up with fruits (Grapes ,Oranges, etc) because they (amongst many other things) are filling foods that keep me feeling full.

Wannabebig Member
    getfit, are you a fitness competitor or are you just very serious about fitness?

i find the more fit i am the more i want to keep to m diet, results really are hte best motivation. Also +1 for venison, im gonna get the hunters around me to give me soem of their meat, cause theyll get like a hundred pounds of venison meat each and they dont know waht to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeMuscley View Post
    getfit, are you a fitness competitor or are you just very serious about fitness?
    Just very disciplined.No i don't compete, and don't want to.I want to stay strong and healthy until i exist no more :-)

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Wannabebig Member
    Well, you may be my new role model

By the time I turn 25 (in Sept.), I will be strong and healthy and will continue to live my life along those lines until the end of my days

Wannabebig Member
    OK dudes and dudettes what are your favorite foods from your regimen

double serving of oatmeal (: and maybe some more if im feeling crazy
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132442

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...wner=rleopando

Squat - 375
    Bench - 265
    Deadlift - 425

Goal: BW/OH squat 185 LBS x 15 by summer 2010

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Here's one of my favorites: and you can tweak the recipe depending on what your needs are (from healthy to cheat)

You'll need:

Spinach
    Olive Oil
    Fresh Garlic
    Chicken
    Whole Wheat Pita
    Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce
    Shredded Mozzeralla (low fat)

Slice the breast down the longwise (so you end up with two thin chicken breasts). Salt and pepper chicken, and cook in olive oil. Cut up chicken into tiny pizza-sized chunks.
    In seperate pan, mix a 1 tbsp of olive oil with 1-2 cloves of pressed garlic. Sweat the garlic.

Throw all ingrediants onto pizza, like you would for a pizza. Put the garlic-olive oil mixture on the pita first.

Put on a cookie sheet and throw it in the oven at 375 for about 10-15 minutes. Just watch for the cheese to start melting, and when the outside of the pita just starts to brown slightly.

Cheat tastic version:
    Follow original recipe:

Instead of olive oil, use 2 tbps of butter for the olive-oil garlic mixture.

In addition, add some sharp chedder and bacon onto the pizza. If you wish, dip the pizza in some rance or blue cheese dressing.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs