The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    239.2!!! HEEEYOOOOH!!! and feeling GOOD! Looking especially skinny today in clothes but liking what I'm seeing in the mirror! My goal is 230 and it's looking like I should make it sooner than later! I'm also hoping not to drop down into the 220's to make my goal of 15% bodyfat. I'll be happy with the low teens after this has all started. March will makr the end of 12 weeks..12 weeks that SHOULD've already been over had I buckled down and stuck to this tighter than I did. Got kinda lazy after reaching my goal of 35lbs lost. I've also discovered that MEAL TIMING is CRITICAL if you're looking to maximize workouts while cutting. I made sure I did it perfect yesterday since I had to bench so late every monday. Ended up smoking 365 and missing 405 twice (just too heavy..should've went for 385). I DID however end up with 225 for 3 sets of 20 to finish and LOVED the amount of energy I had! I didn't do any extra accessory work due to all the benching save pullups but man what a PR on rep/sets almost 40lbs lighter than I was last time I hit it!
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!

bodyfat has dropped a full point...

hit a career high of 405 on the bench at the lightest bodyweight I've yet to do it at...238. VERY happy with this and KNEW it was going to be a badass day. When dieting, meal timing is everything to ensure a good workout.

Did 5 sets of 5 with 60lbs around my waist on pullups and finished with light pressdowns. Back is doing VERY well. TWO weeks no pain and very little tightness. Been pulling 405 for high reps out of the rack and squatted 455 easily last week without incident. Needless to say I'm going to keep babying my back for another month or so before pulling 500+ There's still time to save nationals. IF I can get a paused comp bench of 405, pull low 600's and squat low 500's I'll have it made. A 1500+ raw total at 225ish would be sick..and waterloading down to 198-200 would make it even more so. My hopes for going to OKC in october are coming back. I lucked out getting hurt when I did..it's made me a more effective and SMARTER lifter and at the same time could come back to a decent total before taking the stage.

BROSEPH!!!! Awesome job man!!!!!
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

236 am and it's midday and only weighin in at 237 after a few meals! SHould be about 235ish tomorrow morning if i do it right! Been running sprints...both shorter distances like 40's and longer like 400's during the week. Fast twitch love fat! This too should have a definate performance increase in my lifting stamina and strongman work once I'm able to get back into it! I bench again tonight..so keep your fingers crossed! Hoping to be around 232-230 come this weekend with a decent bodyfat percentage drop. Started carb cycling last thursday adn am LOVING IT! sticking with nitor for fat burners and blended protien along with quality unsaturated fat sources like almonds, olive oil, and natural peanut butter. Last time I did this I was a raving lunatic..this time around I feel FANTASTIC! Been consistent with mulitvitamins and my b12 complexes to ensure my CNS stays stable during the cut with all the lifting I'm doing. 220's....pray you see me coming long before I'm signed up in your divisions...a storm's coming...one the likes you've never seen.

and being around 200-225lbs with 10% or a little less bodyfat as a natty would be AWESOME!

233.4 today...

carbing up hard tomorrow..my body is telling me it's time. Shoot boost my metabo as well and will switch to 3-4 days low carb high unsaturated fats and high protien and then carb up 1day hard to slow down the process. I look flat as hell today and feel weak for the first time and my recovery after the past couple days is questionable today. I don't "sick" but I feel taxed. To me that says CARB UP DUMBASS! Since It's my off day I'm saving the carbs for the lifting days starting tomorrow and friday. Alot of stretching and myo-therapy today to ease some tension.

HOWEVER i'm still getting stronger..and it took a few days to kick the glyco out of my liver and lean body mass and yesterday was the first day my bodyfat dropped so after I check it today I'm carbing up tomorrow. I'm looking right on target for what i guessed my bf would/should be at my goal weight of 225. After that It's maintaining and focusing on building back up in numbers on the squat and pull. I've been dropping a lb or more a day here recently...I'm ready for sushi.

Wannabebig Member
    good job man! many people were proud of you (including me of course)...

Wannabebig Member
    nice one!

Great job for bro my fat loss has kind of come to a stall so I have to readjust some calories and see what happens.
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

front and back from the same shots I took when I started...still at 230 but the carb cycling around has really leaned my out each time I come back down to around this weight. Still wanting to drop ten more lbs but If I keep shedding bodyfat like this I'll end up much heavier than I thought. I'm starting to make decisions on what's in the mirror and not on devices since they seem to tell me my bodyfat is the same and i cna see it's not. Lifts are still raging right along. Got to get some more NITOR though. These past few days without it have been rough.

Quote Originally Posted by thewicked View Post

this picture put things into perspective for me...
    Look at the difference!!
    5'9". 34.-----------------------------BEST LIFTS-----------------------GOALS
    Bodyweight-------------------------BE 280 x 1------------------------BE 300 x 1
    Jan 2009: 151 lbs----------------SQ 365 x 2-----------------------SQ 400 x 1
    Jan 2010: 221 lbs----------------DL 405 x 1------------------------DL 500 x 1
    Current: 214 lbs
    bulking again -- working on my DL

ended up after all my meals today at 231.6 so I'm hoping after 8 hours of sleep to see 229 for the first time in about 8 years? typically i drop a few during the night and would mark another goal knocked out!

benched 350 for 10 easy reps tonight..did alot of pullups with 100lb dumbbell around my waist...2 sets with just 2 fingers for a triple each and squatted 405 for 3 reps without much incident. Need to get that squat back up there but hey do what you can and all things considered with the weight loss, back injury, and DIET i'm pretty satisfied. I'll have a video of the pullups in a few days when i get the memory card back.

I haven't checked in here in a while, freakin awesome man. Looks like things are going well. Carb cycling has really helped me out quite a bit with the weight loss. Things look awesome in here, proud of you man.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

228 this am!!!!

need to get back onto the carb cycling bus HARD...

today was the first day in awhile i took results again...god i miss this stuff. i need to manipulate my calories to figure it in but still keep the weight dropping.

benching has never been stronger and back is still improving..benched 350 for 8 easily and then followed up with 375 for the easiest double i've ever done at this bodyweight which is still around the same place it's been. Hoping to finally have my benchpress become a solid weapon in the arsenal!

225! Today has been rough on me..i'm not just to post the good stuff! My whole experience is just that..teh good and bad make the journey what it is! lightest i've been since highschool and the best shape of my life at the lowest bodyfat I've ever been! I'll be sub 15% at 220!!! looking to make 215-210 now...I LOVE how i'm looking and i'm the strongest I've ever been in my powerlifting career! Sometimes when doing this..you need to get right with yourself and steel your mind. In the end...the glory is worth it all.

so i made 220...my goal since january..and weighin in as light as I EVER HAVE in my adult life and carbed up.

this morning I hit 224 again AT 14.9% BODYFAT!!!!!!! I haven't been that low since I can remember! AND THAT'S A LONG TIME! I am in the best shape of my life sitting here today typing this all thanks to atlarge nutrition and their amazing support throughout my lifting career! They packed on the muscle and helped me keep most of it on the way down! I've lost only 3LBS based on the overall numbers on my lean body mass! I'm REALLY thinking thermocin for the last 10lbs to 215!!! My goal was to be 220 at 15% bodyfat when this was all over...I'M UNDER THAT GOAL AT 224!!!! WOW!!! 215 will be my final overall and will settle there for awhile leading into this year's comps. Pictures will be up with the final weigh in at 215 in a few weeks hopefully.

No matter what happens, no matter how your day goes, no matter how many times you have to cook chicken to make it edible, no matter how many days go by without dropping a lb, STICK WITH IT! It's the journey that makes the trip, not the destination. But when you do get there...man it's good to be baby!!!

Banned
    Amazing stuff. This whole thread has been a great read.

finally made it...220 for a few days in a row... here's teh finaly pics from the journey. Decided this would be a solid closer to a great thread that i don't plan on closing until i'm down with nationals. I still can lose the weight. The plan is 10 more lbs. My strength is SORING and i'm playing this one slow and steady. Here's what 220lbs looks like at just under15% bodyfat..funny..i'm still considered "obese"

haha, dude you look fantastic! I'm glad things have gone well for you, definitely put in the hard work. Amazing stuff.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

14.7%bf now...benching 375 for easy sets of 3 and just pulled 605, 615, and barely missed 620...

I'll be good for 635 in july easily and plan on benching 375+

it's all falling in line...

Phenomenal transformation.

14% bodyfat now at 217 again.

took a week off benching..shoulder needs a break..

squat is gonna go places again..

pulled 545 for 9 reps in a belt wednesday..needless to say my whole body is still shaking after this week. LOVE IT!

got a month to hunt down 210 or less in bw....i've come this far, it's nothing I haven't done before. Diet has been staying tighter longer and I have zero cravings for anything outside of coffee in the mornings.

Guerrilla Journalist Steve Colescott's Avatar
    You've obviously done your homework and put some thought into this. Well done!

quick update! Weigh'd in at 213 this am with a plan of making 198's in 1month! Bodfat is down to just a hair under 13% while steadily hacking away at it. I've stopped all cardio and strictness of following everythign to the exact-ness up until this past week a month out again. My body is already dropping the weight and feeling like it did when this all started!! LOVE IT!

bench has suffered abit... my busy work schedule and off/on training has made the bench drop down to 370-380 and i'm not pleased. My squat and deadlift workouts have been consistent however and my squat is sitting at 500 with my deadlift going up 635 easily with plans to pull 640+ in a month's time if all goes well.

I've been running thermocin for a few weeks now and I must say..my FOCUS in the gym hasn't been this solid since I can remember and the energy level is brilliant. I've cut out all energy drinks and supplements due to how efficiently this stuff works! Definatley recommend this supplement if you're looking for a solid weightloss/energy supplement while cutting!

new pics (and a short film from the road to nationals) will be up very soon with the film being up when we return!

Excellent job. Very impressive. Keep it up. I know how hard it is.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo