Page 28 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Energy Legs!

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Come at me bro
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Looking ripped!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Banned
    needs more aesthetics. in all honesty you have the exact same prob i do. strong bench, subpar development. i will now go cry in the corner. did you see the guy's thread with the "this is what a 315 chest looks like"? that shattered my ego, natty or not

thats why im doing the flys now
    Last edited by f=ma; 12-07-2010 at 02:55 AM.

Looking good!!

Pretty dam lean!
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

Banned
    Definitely looking good. With your development and strength gains, you have come a very long way in a relatively short period of time. When I first saw your journal and watched some of your first videos, I thought "this guy has real potential", you haven't disappointed.

Continuing to do very well bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    Looking ripped!!!
    Thanks Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    needs more aesthetics. in all honesty you have the exact same prob i do. strong bench, subpar development. i will now go cry in the corner. did you see the guy's thread with the "this is what a 315 chest looks like"? that shattered my ego, natty or not

thats why im doing the flys now
    Yea chest is my most lagging body part and probably always will be. It has put on a lot of size recently though the camera phone does no justice. Yea I saw that thread haha my chest wouldn't look like that with a 500x15 bench lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NickAus View Post
    Looking good!!

Pretty dam lean!
    Thanks Nick!

Definitely looking good. With your development and strength gains, you have come a very long way in a relatively short period of time. When I first saw your journal and watched some of your first videos, I thought "this guy has real potential", you haven't disappointed.
    Thanks Athos it means a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Continuing to do very well bro.
    Thanks, Terry.
    My Journal
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    Thanks Brian.

Yea chest is my most lagging body part and probably always will be. It has put on a lot of size recently though the camera phone does no justice. Yea I saw that thread haha my chest wouldn't look like that with a 500x15 bench lol.
    I saw your bench video...its just because you bench like a powerlifter. You get a lot of leg drive, lat drive, and push a lot of the weight with your triceps. I bench the same way and my chest is my 2nd worst body part behind my calves. I know the hammer strength machines hit my chest WAY harder than actually bench pressing. Dumbbells as well, since you can't really get into the same position as barbell and are forced to use a much longer ROM.

Alright guys so the past few weeks I haven't been my usual self. Very lethargic no motivation to do anything. Insomnia, itchy, pukey, no appetite. Yesterday was the first day I started to feel like my usual self. I actually went and hung out with friends and wanted to do something instead of lay in bed all day. You'll notice I haven't documented my last ME upper body day. All I did was floor press and rows and I was beat. I'm starting to feel better so hopefully I cant start progressing!

I've also been warned I'm going to get banned from here haha. So if I do for a little while guys.

Today I woke up at 188.8!!! Omg this freaked me the fuk out I was so mad it was unbelievable. It was not ok with me. I stuffed my face and headed off to the gym to SFW!! I cranked the death metal and drove to the gym with goose pumps and my hair standing up the entire drive. I was so pissed off and I was a man on a mission to teach that barbell a lesson!

Deadlift

135x5x2
    225x5
    315x1
    365x1
    405x1
    475x1-PR!!! I'm coming after you 5pps
    Video
    Come to think of it now I should have tried to double that.

Pause squats-Never done these before
    45x5
    135x5
    225x5
    275x1-Easy, fuk it lets put on 315
    315x5
    Video

315x4

Leg Ext
    x20
    x15
    x12

SS w/

Donkey Calve Raises
    x20
    x13
    x12

Happy with the pr 5pps is soooo close. Pause squats were interesting. I'm curious to see how I respond to them.
    Last edited by ThomasG; 12-07-2010 at 02:43 PM.
    My Journal
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er

Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    I saw your bench video...its just because you bench like a powerlifter. You get a lot of leg drive, lat drive, and push a lot of the weight with your triceps. I bench the same way and my chest is my 2nd worst body part behind my calves. I know the hammer strength machines hit my chest WAY harder than actually bench pressing. Dumbbells as well, since you can't really get into the same position as barbell and are forced to use a much longer ROM.
    Yes I do a lot of DB work for hypertrophy. I agree pl style bench is no good for chest development.
    My Journal
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er

Banned
    I love this journal. Glad to see you got some pause work in, it will help. Excellent job on the PR deadlift! 5 plates is right there for you now. Your story about being pissed driving to the gym, having goose bumps on the way to teach the weight a lesson - this is one of the reasons I said you will do big things.... You have knowledge and you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.

I love this journal. Glad to see you got some pause work in, it will help. Excellent job on the PR deadlift! 5 plates is right there for you now. Your story about being pissed driving to the gym, having goose bumps on the way to teach the weight a lesson - this is one of the reasons I said you will do big things.... You have knowledge and you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    haha omg I just might put that in my sig! Thanks, Steve.
    My Journal
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er

LOL, well it was nice knowing you if you get banned and I know you'll do very well for yourself both with strength and your business. WBB is not what it once was.

How in the **** did you manage to pull a PR while being down in weight and mentally?!?! You're a ****ing nut! All those things you listed off is the sign of being over trained. A deload week along with eating plenty sounds like it'll treat you well. Too bad about the insomnia, though. A buddy of mine has it but I can't relate, I'm the opposite -- as soon as my head hits the pillow I'm out and I sleep like a baby the whole night. I can only imagine the frustration of tossing and turning and feeling exhausted once you wake up.

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

Everything is back on track, or so it sounds. As long as you didn't regress much during that lag you will be doing amazing in no time. I've been in a bit of a funk, but I'm hopeful I've done enough when I'm in the gym to not regress.

Sometimes those small breaks do a lot of good for you mentally and physically, but I know you'll be back to doing your thing!

(banned?)
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Nice PR!!!!!

Have you tried pulling with-out the snap/jerk at the start? I lift more being fast but smooth, no big snap............just a thought bro.

Funny you being threatened to be booted from the gym lol........they always tell me I cant you chalk and I always say yep no problem but still use it everytime ha ha.
    Bench geared 525 @ 210

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    LOL, well it was nice knowing you if you get banned and I know you'll do very well for yourself both with strength and your business. WBB is not what it once was.

How in the **** did you manage to pull a PR while being down in weight and mentally?!?! You're a ****ing nut! All those things you listed off is the sign of being over trained. A deload week along with eating plenty sounds like it'll treat you well. Too bad about the insomnia, though. A buddy of mine has it but I can't relate, I'm the opposite -- as soon as my head hits the pillow I'm out and I sleep like a baby the whole night. I can only imagine the frustration of tossing and turning and feeling exhausted once you wake up.
    Its def not overtraining put i have pondered the thought due to the similiar signs. I figure out my sleeping pills only work on an empty stomach which suck ass cause I always eat right before I go to bed when bulking.

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    Everything is back on track, or so it sounds. As long as you didn't regress much during that lag you will be doing amazing in no time. I've been in a bit of a funk, but I'm hopeful I've done enough when I'm in the gym to not regress.

Sometimes those small breaks do a lot of good for you mentally and physically, but I know you'll be back to doing your thing!

(banned?)
    Yea I'm hoping by next week I'll be setting pr's. I know I hit one today but that pr was long overdue and I was fukin pissed off lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NickAus View Post
    Nice PR!!!!!

Have you tried pulling with-out the snap/jerk at the start? I lift more being fast but smooth, no big snap............just a thought bro.

Funny you being threatened to be booted from the gym lol........they always tell me I cant you chalk and I always say yep no problem but still use it everytime ha ha.
    It's a bad habit I need to break, Nick. I've been "cutting the slack" as I call it a lot more lately I did it there out of habit. And I'm not being threatened to be booted from the gym haha.
    My Journal
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er

Nice!!

I really laugh at how they are so funny about stuff like dropping the weights when deadlifting and using chalk etc..........

They really do hate me at my gym lol.......they lower their voices around me when instructing people on how to do squats and pulls cause they know they have no idea.

On Saturday a PT with bones sticking out his shirt asked me if I was using the weights that were already loaded on the deadlift bar and I was clearly using WTF?

Fun times at the local commercial gym hey!
    Last edited by NickAus; 12-07-2010 at 07:45 PM.
    Bench geared 525 @ 210

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    U Mirin Aesthetics?
    Elbows too pointy. Do not want.

Congrats on the deadlift PR. 5 plates is yours.
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

powerlifter in training Liftersize's Avatar
    nice deadlift PR! I agree though could probably pull more with out the jerk, looks like it causes a stall like 2 inches off the ground
    Current Stats: 6'1 185
    Deadlift 480 Bench 280 Squat 365 Raw Total: 1,125
    Front Squat 295
    My New Journal!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...49#post2331749

Good job on the PR!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Awesome job on the deadlifts, your progress is always inspiring.

PS.

The milk diet works, or at least as much as I can drink without collapsing into a shower of ****. Thanks Thomas.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Sir I challenge you to a race to a 5PPS deadlift! Nice work.

Oh and WTF kinda music does your gym play? Teenage dancing queen thats about as low as it gets lmao.

Nice deadlift PR, 495 will be yours in no time.

Why would you be banned from here Thomas? What did you do?

Does sound like a bit of overtraining BTW. Nice coming back after feeling ****ty to hit the DL PR though!
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw