The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

New Article - Physique Transformation Strategies with Scott Abel!

Physique Transformation Strategies with Scott Abel by Chris Mason

When people mention Scott Abel, the first word that comes to mind is 'success'.

Known as ‘The Maker of Champions’, for the last quarter century or so he has been involved at the highest levels of the Fitness, Diet, Training and Bodybuilding Industry. To date Scott has trained over 300 bodybuilding and figure champions.

In this article, Scott shares his unique and innovative methods for physique transformation and hypertrophy. Get ready to grow!

IMPORTANT NOTE - If you have a training or nutrition question for Scott, please email them to askscott@wannabebig.com. Scott will be selecting questions to answer in his future articles.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

A few pics of Scott in his prime to put in perspective the physique he built!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

And remember, Scott will be answering questions from Wannabebig readers in his future articles. So if you have a training or nutrition question for Scott, please email them to askscott@wannabebig.com!

Very nice article.

Like he said there is alot of information out there and it gets people confused, including myself.

I'm still wondering and trying to figure out what is best for mass gain..a lower weight and a longer time under tension or a heavy weight for a rather "fast" set, ofcourse both performed with correct form.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemz View Post
    Very nice article.

Like he said there is alot of information out there and it gets people confused, including myself.

I'm still wondering and trying to figure out what is best for mass gain..a lower weight and a longer time under tension or a heavy weight for a rather "fast" set, ofcourse both performed with correct form.
    There is no one best way, all the above can be used. Its the proper progression from one program to the next over time that will elicit the best gains. It doesn't have to be either/or.

Quote Originally Posted by Acress View Post
    There is no one best way, all the above can be used. Its the proper progression from one program to the next over time that will elicit the best gains. It doesn't have to be either/or.
    Well, I've done a long time with a high amount of weight for "fast" sets recently i switched to lower weights and focussing on time under tension. A week ago i switched back to the heavyer weights and i noticed an increase in weight, i suppose thanks to the other program.

Now i was wondering, just a quick question, i don't wanna mess up this topic. How long should i stick to either program? A few weeks, a month, months? Or should i just go by feeling? If i have a good day, do the heavy weights if i feel i have a lesser day focus on TUT or is mixing a bad idea?

Very nice article.

Time and consistency is the answer, not any specific set/rep/TUT range.

Well, I've done a long time with a high amount of weight for "fast" sets recently i switched to lower weights and focussing on time under tension. A week ago i switched back to the heavyer weights and i noticed an increase in weight, i suppose thanks to the other program.

Now i was wondering, just a quick question, i don't wanna mess up this topic. How long should i stick to either program? A few weeks, a month, months? Or should i just go by feeling? If i have a good day, do the heavy weights if i feel i have a lesser day focus on TUT or is mixing a bad idea?
    Stick to a program until it stops working or you become bored with it, whichever comes first. If you aren't making progress, then you know it's time for a change. If you are getting bored, then you will have trouble giving each workout your 100% effort.
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

A program should never really have a set time limit. Changing programs should be based on your bio-feedback, such as stagnation, your body being beat up, energy levels, performance during workouts, etc.....

Yes. listen to your body, its ok to make small changes within a program to keep it alive such as using shorter rest periods, vary the load, etc... Just stay true to the program.

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Great article we need more attitude like that around here.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Wannabebig Member
    Bumping this thread....

Any news when the Scott Abel Q & A will be up and running?

Or any more articles?

thanks

Mark

We're actually working on the Q and A now and it should be ready in a couple of weeks!

Wannabebig Member
    excellent thanks

Wannabebig Member
    DId this idead never come through then?

The Scott Abel Q & A and any more Scott Abel articles?

Thanks

Wannabebig Member
    I guess not then LOL

Its doubtful to be honest, it just didn't really get going.... (not Scott's fault by the way)