Firstly, I'm not quite sure if this is the right section or not but since this section does say discuss anything nutritional and diet releated I guess it proparly is.

Just a little discussion and to get your views on Eating Disorders in sport, such as Bulimia and Anorexia. One of the major negative behaviours of exercise looked at is eating disorders. Eating disorders are very serious medical conditions that can lead to serious health problems that can become life-threatening.

Eating disorders are becoming more common and it is estimated that 1 in 10 female athletes have an eating disorder. In modern times there is a great deal of pressure put on individuals to succeed in sports from their own coaches, team and family. Sports such as gymnastics, figure-skating and ice skating which portray a specific body shape and weight also contribute additional pressures to the individuals as they may be judged on specific criteria in the sport. Athletes that were associated with these sports or to have an “athletic” image were often more prone to eating disorders than individuals in other sports.

Now, How do you think athletes get unhealthy negative behaviours such as eating disorders?

Regarding psychology, Do you think it's helped and made a useful contribution to the understanding of eating disorders?

Just trying to stir some debate and it's somthing I'm looking into right now.