Thread: Fst-7

Fst-7

Earlier today I was reading some articles like i always do. Knowledge is power or in this case muscle. I came in contact with an interesting program, FST-7 by Hany Rambod. Used by Jay Cutler, Kevin English and many others.

I am going to try it out for a few months. I know if those guys use it, it can't be bad. But i was wondering if anyone here already has some personal experience with it and like to share how he feels bout it?

For people who don't know FST-7; basicly what you do is a compound movement, an isolation movement and a stretch movement (like dumbell flyes for example); those 3 are done in 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps. Then your final exercise needs to be an isolation movement again, because it will be too taxing to use a compound movement and this exercis (for example cable crossovers) should be performed as 7 sets of 12 reps with 30 sec. rest in between.

I don't know if i can advertise for other websites here? But, if you want to know more just google the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemz View Post
    Used by Jay Cutler, Kevin English and many others.
    Don't forget...those guys have other factors working for them that allow gains on most any kind of routine.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I'm a mesomorph with good genetics so, i might not be as big as them the same applies to me.

And i've been doing this long enough to know not to copy some routine out of a magazine. I like the way it's built up. Read up on it if you're interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Shemz View Post
    I'm a mesomorph with good genetics so, i might not be as big as them the same applies to me.

And i've been doing this long enough to know not to copy some routine out of a magazine. I like the way it's built up. Read up on it if you're interested?
    I think maybe offroad means factors other than genetics...maybe chemical ones? I could be very wrong though
    Bench: Half a subway club
    Squat: to pee
    Deadlift: no thanks

don't let the 12" pythons fool you....i can run way faster scared than you can mad

Quote Originally Posted by cant hit bombz View Post
    I think maybe offroad means factors other than genetics...maybe chemical ones? I could be very wrong though
    I was talking about both of those factors, as well as experience and a lifestyle that allows them to train in such a manner. I'm not saying the routine is bad, just that using pros as a resource can be "iffy" at times.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Off Road hit the nail on the head.
    "Donít fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnít matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. Iíve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

Like i already stated before and i will state it again, i am NOT using this program because some bodybuilder does. Up until now i've always used my own programs, if you wish i'll edit the post and leave that sentence out. All i would like to know is if anyone has ever tried here and if they got good results. Thank you.

F*** it, give it a shot and see how it works out. You don't need anyone's approval.
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Don't think you will find anyone else here training in that fashion. Isn't really that revolutionary. If you have been training as long as you state, you should already know that. Or, will soon find that out. Start a journal so we can follow your progress.