Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: metal ace pro bencher

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member jtteg_x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,993

    metal ace pro bencher

    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...&m=PD&pid=2971

    Does anyone have experience with the metal ace pro bencher? I'm interested in giving metal gear a try again (had their IPF single ply king but didn't like it). Are these shirts considered advanced or intermediate? I'm currently training for an APF show in June. Deciding between metal ace, double ply super f6 or a jacked up rage-x.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    601
    I get 250+ out of it...very good shirt...depending on how tight you get it will determine how hard it will be to use.....I use one thats very tight...but my form is pretty good..

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    mn
    Posts
    287
    i like mine...... comfortable, easy to load, hard to get off! LOL

  4. #4
    Senior Member george okunev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    140
    you should sne d amessage to vdizenso. i had one but got it to early for me to use and now its too small. i gave it to one of my friends to use. he is getting close to 200 out of it. vin has done a few 800lbs lifts in his. I think he has his 805lbs in the ace also. the shirt will last a very long time. Its very popular in europe. From all the videos i have seen, it will suit some one who touches very low and has a very good tuck. You will get a wealth on first hand knowledge if you message vin or go on to his pro log he is very good with putting his videos up. I would grade it as an advance shirt. There are more and more poeple getting over 800lbs benches out of the shirt. Best of luck with any choice you make

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    601
    lol Iv been in the shirt before it was even out on the market.....Im pretty sure i know more about that shirt than vin(not trying to start anything)....but a good person to talk about it too is jeremy frey

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    mn
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by douglasoh5 View Post
    lol Iv been in the shirt before it was even out on the market.....Im pretty sure i know more about that shirt than vin(not trying to start anything)....but a good person to talk about it too is jeremy frey
    you are AWESOME! and did you say that your form was good too?... LOL (not trying to start anything, just F'ing around)

  7. #7
    Westside Bencher Travis Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Westside Barbell, OH
    Posts
    8,920
    Yeah! Who's that Vincent guy anyways and what's he know? Probably nothing right? lol


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

  8. #8
    Super Moderator vdizenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,376
    I guess I shouldn't bother responding.


    Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

    My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

    "The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

  9. #9
    Wannabebig Member brauny96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    I guess I shouldn't bother responding.
    Yeah cuz u dont know ****!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rock Falls IL
    Posts
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    I guess I shouldn't bother responding.
    I think you can respond all you want now! LOL! Vincent has been in the sport for years and has always been willing to help other lifters out. I rember picking his brain and then arguing with him about a Polygraph test when I was a young lifter.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator vdizenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luyando View Post
    I think you can respond all you want now! LOL! Vincent has been in the sport for years and has always been willing to help other lifters out. I rember picking his brain and then arguing with him about a Polygraph test when I was a young lifter.
    Yes, we certainly do go back. I could not be more happy to see what you have accomplished.


    Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

    My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

    "The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

  12. #12
    Senior Member george okunev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    140
    LOL. Sorry to drag you into this Vin. We just name drop here and there to feel important.

    All i know is you seem to have great results with the Ace. Plus your videos are actualy very good to learn from.

    By the way did we ever figure out How many ply the Ace is? is it 2 or 3 or 5???

  13. #13
    Super Moderator vdizenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,376
    Alright, I think the Ace is a bad ass shirt. I have not hit a shirted pr in almost 5 years using the SDP and Double Rage X. Well I finally hit not one, but two pr's yesterday in the Metal Ace. I know people say it's an advanced shirt, but that depends on what size you get. I was able to get a comfortable opener in a bigger shirt. Then I put on a tighter shirt for the rest of my attempts. Keep in mind, tighter for me is a shirt that I can just about get on myself. It actually only takes one slight tug to get it fully on. The shirt has a low groove and great carryover. It's got tremendous stopping power. The shirt is very durable and will last a long time. I recommend it highly.

    I also want to share this, most of the top benchers that I know have more than one shirt. A lot of people would be shocked to know just how many shirts some guys have.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 01-31-2010 at 06:12 PM.


    Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

    My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

    "The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

  14. #14
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Alright, I think the Ace is a bad ass shirt. I have not hit a shirted pr in almost 5 years using the SDP and Double Rage X. Well I finally hit not one, but two pr's yesterday in the Metal Ace. I know people say it's an advanced shirt, but that depends on what size you get. I was able to get a comfortable opener in a bigger shirt. Then I put on a tighter shirt for the rest of my attempts. Keep in mind, tighter for me is a shirt that I can just about get on myself. It actually only takes one slight tug to get it fully on. The shirt has a low groove and great carryover. It's got tremendous stopping power. The shirt is very durable and will last a long time. I recommend it highly.

    I also want to share this, most of the top benchers that I know have more than one shirt. A lot of people would be shocked to know just how many shirts some guys have.

    Is the fabric stretchy and elastic like a let's say most inzer shirts or more solid and rigid like titan shirts ?
    And what's the difference between the ace and other 2ply shirts from metal ? The fabric ,the groove or both ?
    I would also like an easy to put on alone shirt with great stopping power that wouldn't take the bar where it wants but where i want it to go...is the ace the best choice for this or is another 2ply metal shirt better suited for this ?
    Thanks and congrats for the 820 !

  15. #15
    The Project KarstenDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by h.t.hall View Post
    Is the fabric stretchy and elastic like a let's say most inzer shirts or more solid and rigid like titan shirts ?
    And what's the difference between the ace and other 2ply shirts from metal ? The fabric ,the groove or both ?
    I would also like an easy to put on alone shirt with great stopping power that wouldn't take the bar where it wants but where i want it to go...is the ace the best choice for this or is another 2ply metal shirt better suited for this ?
    Thanks and congrats for the 820 !
    The Ace is VERY thick. It isn't really similar to another Metal or Inzer shirt in that regard.

    I'm not an expert on the groove of many shirts but low is the way to go.

    If you want to put the bar where you want instead of where the shirt wants the best option is the Inzer SDP.
    Roll Tide.

  16. #16
    Wannabebig Member icedutah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    64
    Yeah the ace is a very low groove hard tuck shirt. It is 3 plies of softer poly. The Viking Pro is 2 plies of a stiffer poly. All metal multi ply shirts are glued together with a laminate.

  17. #17
    THE 800 QUEST NickAus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    7,650
    I am not lifting close to some of these guys but I did bench 525 easy in an Ace (viking cut made by Minna at Metal) and it was loose so I could have got way more out of it if I tightened it up.
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

    Captains of Crush #3

    Building Mighty Mitts...

Similar Threads

  1. Size forgivness with Metal Ace Squat suit?
    By SoreFoot8343 in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 11:23 AM
  2. Geared/Raw question
    By Tennessee Mike in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 07:06 PM
  3. OlePapaBobby's Brand New Rag Mag
    By The_Chicken_Daddy in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 1086
    Last Post: 12-10-2002, 05:45 PM
  4. critique my diet!!
    By frankm007 in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2001, 01:47 PM
  5. Pro Wrestling fans....
    By Tackleberry in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2001, 11:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •