The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Definition questions

I know most of you are probably sick of reading the same annoying questions all the time so if you hate it then dont respond.

I'm just wondering what the key to better muscle definition is. I hear the rumors about high reps/low weight but then I hear they are just pure rumors. Is it more on the actual lifting part and getting that slow movement when benching or whatever it is? Or is it more on your diet?

Just wondering if I could get some tips. I have been on here for a little while now and I did the SS workout last Spring and that certainly helped and since I have been lifting for a long time now I am happy with where my numbers are headed, well at least for the most part. My muscles are noticeably bigger but the definition mainly on my arms just are not changing at all.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Only happy when bulking radioheadhead's Avatar
    all about bodyfat% my man. get down to 10% or less and you'll see them muscles!
    Height: 6' weight:197
    BF%: ~12%?

bench: 280 x 1
    squat: 370 x 1
    dead: 360 x 1

goal: 225 @ < 10% bodyfat

Wannabebig Member
    Yeah I know but should I be eating less or eating more. Stupid question probably. It just pisses me off because there are guys at the gym that are my size yet have insane amounts of definition yet I'm stronger than them. I mean I'm 5'6'' 170lbs an just an athletic build.

Quit worrying about what other people at the gym look like. Figure out what your specific goal is and work on improving it.
    Yes, definition is about getting rid of subcutaneous fat so you can see the muscle more clearly. Trying to acheive crazy levels of definition and getting stronger at the same time don't go together well, so you will have to figure out what your short-term and long-term goals and priorities are.

Wannabebig Member
    True true. I really just wanna maintain my weight or maybe add no more than 10lbs since that is probably necessary to increase strength. Of course I want to continue to add to my maxs but more so I just want better definition and maintain an overall healthy appearance. Lacrosse is starting up again so more cardio will obviously add to fat burning so maybe that combined with the constantly improving weightlifting workouts will make some major differences. Should I be eating more or less though? High carbs? High protein? I'm not much a nutrition expert.

Honestly in your case I would just try to eat a reasonably healthy diet and see what happens when your activity level goes up with lacrosse. I think a basic balanced diet that includes moderate amounts of protein, carbohydrate, and fat would be fine for now. If you want more detailed advice I would suggest posting something over in the diet/nutrition section with specific goals and exactly what you are eating right now.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks man.

muscle maturity= more definition. 5 years of training or so and you'll see some definition even with moderately high BF%

Quote Originally Posted by Rip.66. View Post
    muscle maturity= more definition. 5 years of training or so and you'll see some definition even with moderately high BF%
    Yes!!! Change your lifestyle, and over the years you will look better and better.
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

muscle maturity

I've never actually heard of this, could you please explain this to me?