Thread: Don't know what to do

Wannabebig New Member

Don't know what to do

I lost a lot of weight about a year ago, 30 lbs to be exact and I realize I didn't do it the right way. I lost A LOT of muscle and strength. I have built up and surpassed where I was before my weight loss and am ready for the second and hopefully final 10-15 lbs of weight loss. I am freaked out because i DO NOT want to lose what I worked so hard to get back and maintain. I have tried a cut before and I started to lose strength relatively quickly, so I am very hesitant on doing this by myself. Could I please get some help from you all? I would really appreciate it. I know I need to be aiming at 2300 calories a day with at least 160g in protein, but I would really appreciate some help.

I'm 19, 5'5" and 160 lbs

Wannabebig New Member
    Oh, forgot to mention I have been going to the gym for about 6 years. Have a trainer for about 4, then have been doing things on my own since I went to college.

Obviously you dropped your calories too low last time and lost too much muscle mass. Don't drop your calories so much this time and make adjustments as you go along. Also, don't get locked into the 2300 calorie number, as it is likely just an estimate of your needs (I'm assuming). If you want to start with that number, that's fine, but if you start losing strength and weight too quickly then increase the calories a bit. You obviously know how to lose weight, you just have to tweak it so you don't lose too much too fast this time.
    I'm not sure why you need to lose weight at your size, but that decision is ultimately up to you and depends on what your specific goals are.

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean S View Post
    Obviously you dropped your calories too low last time and lost too much muscle mass. Don't drop your calories so much this time and make adjustments as you go along. Also, don't get locked into the 2300 calorie number, as it is likely just an estimate of your needs (I'm assuming). If you want to start with that number, that's fine, but if you start losing strength and weight too quickly then increase the calories a bit. You obviously know how to lose weight, you just have to tweak it so you don't lose too much too fast this time.
    I'm not sure why you need to lose weight at your size, but that decision is ultimately up to you and depends on what your specific goals are.
    Thanks for the response. The reason I want to lose weight is because I am hovering around 13% bodyfat. I would really like to hit the 8% mark by summer, while maintaining/gaining muscle along the way. Not trying to be a bodybuilder or anything, just want to be in good shape