Thread: Moobs

Wannabebig Member

Moobs

Hey all i have a serious question about how to get rid of my moobs... they have been a problem i had ever since junior high. I just recently found this site about 2 months ago and started lifting weights shortly after i found this site i have been on starting strength since then.

Part of why I started lifting weights was to get rid of them but it doesn't seem to be helping, iv noticed muscle building on my chest but my chest just looks like boobs. Is there a routine i could switch to with some chest isolation that would help, or could i add some chest isolation in ss? Would chest isolation even help? Should i try a different routine where im working out 4 days a week (have been thinking of wannabe big 1.1) to burn off more over all?

You probably need to start in the kitchen. What is your BF?
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

Wannabebig Member
    I have no idea but im 5"8 and weigh 140lbs, so im really skinny just kinda got moobs. my diet is really good tho.

How much weight have you gained during your first two months of starting strength?

Keep with your program and eat your food. Forget about your chest and everything else for that matter, just for the time being. Its also not likely as bad as you perceive anyway.

Bulking Tips - See what Tom says about diet in the 2nd post.
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

Developing your pecs will really help take the slack out of your chest

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

and developing the other muscles around that area (shoulders, arms, etc) will make everything look more balanced.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric View Post
    I have no idea but im 5"8 and weigh 140lbs, so im really skinny just kinda got moobs. my diet is really good tho.
    Youre too thin to worry about losing bodyfat. You likely just store a greater percentage of fat around your chest. The best thing you can do is:

Keep gaining weight and building muscle. Eventually, when you cut down, all that will be left on your chest is the muscle you built. It will look much better.

Also, keep in mind, as youre bulking and developing the pectorals, you will look better with a shirt on. I have a feeling you might be staring into different mirrors each day with bad lighting and no tan and over thinking it. Its probably not as bad as you think and easily correctable.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

If it gets too bad ... there is always Victoria Secrets.

But I agree with the others. Add about 20 to 30 pounds of muscle mass and the problem will most likely go away.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DMedley View Post
    If it gets too bad ... there is always Victoria Secrets.

But I agree with the others. Add about 20 to 30 pounds of muscle mass and the problem will most likely go away.
    HAHA but seriously what he said, and besides most of the fat is in your chest probebly most of my fat is on my arms it sucks Im in the same boat as you buddy.