Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tired of being skinny

Wannabebig Member

tired of being skinny

im 16, 6'1, and about 128 lbs. im thin and lean and would like to put on muscle. i have a bench, free weights, the iron gym pull up bar, perfect push up system. wat would a good workout routine that i could use to put on muscle (which hasnt been happening) and i was considering whey protein, i need to take something natural because my mom doesnt want me taking anything unless it is natural, she is wierd about that stuff
    Last edited by bender8; 02-03-2010 at 06:45 PM.

starting strength. see the sticky.

I Wanna Be Strong(er)
    Starting Strength and this...

http://70sbig.com/

READ EVERYTHING and start to do it TOMORROW..

GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by T o m m Y; 02-03-2010 at 07:08 PM.
    Get Strong(er)
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...58#post2340758
    "You Were Born Small & Weak....But Nobody Said You Have To Stay That Way"

"Gain weight - this is almost impossible to recommend right now. The whole world is on a skinny jeans kick and visible abs are "in". What is also in-style is not being a narcissitic pussy. Performance trumps looks EVERYTIME. Just ask the next woman you sleep with" Jim Wendler

EAT MORE!!!!!!!! I've never tried Starting Strength but have heard nothing but good things about it. When I started working out (around your age) I did pretty well using WannaBeBig Routine #1-3 though so give those a look too

http://www.wannabebig.com/cat/training/routines/

Ascending order so #1 is at the bottom

Also, bookmark this website or try and find something similar: http://exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
    It breaks down muscle groups on the right side of the page, if you click a muscle group it'll further break it down and show you different exercises for each one

Good luck!
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by bender8 View Post
    im 16, 6'1, and about 128 lbs. im thin and lean and would like to put on muscle. i have a bench, free weights, the iron gym pull up bar, perfect push up system. wat would a good workout routine that i could use to put on muscle (which hasnt been happening) and i was considering whey protein, i need to take something natural because my mom doesnt want me taking anything unless it is natural, she is wierd about that stuff
    128 jejus christ! Get some food before you die.

Starting Strength. Google it. Do it.

You don't need supplements right now, you need to eat more. Start with 4000 calories per day and work your way up from there. Combine that with a sensible weight training program such as Starting Strength and you will be well on your way.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

At your age you should be eating as much as possible to grow, not all junk but some is fine, and just get started with a basic program like SS that has structure to start building a foundation.

Wannabebig Member
    u should see how much i eat lol. like 5000 calories per day with very little junk food. my metabolism is through the roof

u should see how much i eat lol. like 5000 calories per day with very little junk food. my metabolism is through the roof
    I highly doubt you're eating 5000 calories. Have you accurately tracked this? You may THINK you're eating that much, but people that want to gain weight often overestimate how much they think they're eating.
    "Donít fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnít matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. Iíve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

Garage Lifter
    You need to maintain this level of food intake every day. I used to think this as well and when I really looked at it I found out that over the course of a week I'd eat a lot for 2 or 3 days and on the other days I'd get about half that.
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

I was 6'2 and 145, just do SS as written and pound the food down, the eating starts getting harder than the lifting, just aim to get stronger every time you step in the gym.

Nobody that weighs 128lbs metabolism is that fast. 5000 calories a day and no weight gain would be a tape worm.

Normally I tell people that wanna gain weight to eat meat,eggs,veggies and milk. You are so skinny I would recommend Double Cheeseburger,Pizza and Milkshakes also. Forget clean just eat! You should have a couple PB and Jelly sandwiches with you at all times,eat them in between meals.
    "The deadlift is more functional in that itís very hard to imagine a more useful application of strength than picking heavy *h*t up off the ground" Rip

Max 3x5 Goal 3x5 by 12/31/11 *1X5
    Bench (245) (275) 285x1x1 335
    Dead (385)* (445) 435x1x1 505
    Squat (320) (355) 355X1X1 405
    Squat (195) (275) 20 Reppers!
    (950) (1075) 1075 1245 Goals (Not including 20 reps)
    5'10" 288Lbs 02/01/2011 Goal Weight 230 On my way back from a Break!

Doubtful. Eat more, and when you think your so tired of chewing your jaw is gonna rip off, chug 2 cups of whole milk. Do this all the day long while lifting heavy 3-4x a week and at your current weight will literally "blow up".
    "Fine, if I'm not allowed to light it on fire, can my imaginary friend?"

search bako shake. Got me out of the same hole as you.
    ain't nuttin but a peanut.

You will have gotten stronger when the weight that feels heavy is actually heavier than the weight that feels heavy now. Then the weight that feels heavy now will be a warmup for the weight that feels heavy then. But the weight will always feel heavy or you're not lifting enough weight. Clear? -Rippetoe

You from a 3rd world country in Africa?

And is OP still alive or dead from lack of food.

Gallon Of Milk A Day. Whole Milk. On top of your normal diet.

It's actually not that hard to do. A large glass with each meal, then a large glass in between meals. That will usually do it. The idea is to space out moderately-large glasses of milk through out the day, so it equals out to a gallon.

The ratio of nutrients in whole milk is good for growing mammals. You are a wannabe-growing mammal.

Oh yeah, and squat and dead lift your **** off.
    My 10 week cut results

"Sweat in training so you don't bleed in battle."

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hellagrant View Post
    You from a 3rd world country in Africa?

And is OP still alive or dead from lack of food.
    I was 5'10" and 108lbs at one point in my life.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Banned
    Um, eat more?

Banned
    Eat more! Check out starting Strength. Congrats your on ur way to a new and a better life.

Thus I Refute Thee !!!! Bodyguard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KoSh View Post
    I highly doubt you're eating 5000 calories. Have you accurately tracked this? You may THINK you're eating that much, but people that want to gain weight often overestimate how much they think they're eating.
    Agreed, you may think your eating alot, but when you calculate it all up, you will realize how little you do eat. And I respond with eat more as did everyone else. And drink milk.
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 238

All lifts are raw:

Bench: 325(max)
    Squat: 510(max)
    Dead lift: 500(max)

Wannabebig Member
    i do drink a good amount of milk but i would like to drink more. ill have to start buying my own gallons, we go through bout a gallon a day as a family now.

i have several reasons for wanting to get bigger but the main one is the hobby i have. i race stock cars and when u come into the sport at 15 and start whooping ***** on the track the guys that have been doing it for years get mad. tempers flared last year and several fights started over me, and lets just say that racing attracts BIG boys

No way in hell!!
    5'9". 34.-----------------------------BEST LIFTS-----------------------GOALS
    Bodyweight-------------------------BE 280 x 1------------------------BE 300 x 1
    Jan 2009: 151 lbs----------------SQ 365 x 2-----------------------SQ 400 x 1
    Jan 2010: 221 lbs----------------DL 405 x 1------------------------DL 500 x 1
    Current: 214 lbs
    bulking again -- working on my DL

i do drink a good amount of milk but i would like to drink more. ill have to start buying my own gallons, we go through bout a gallon a day as a family now.

i have several reasons for wanting to get bigger but the main one is the hobby i have. i race stock cars and when u come into the sport at 15 and start whooping ***** on the track the guys that have been doing it for years get mad. tempers flared last year and several fights started over me, and lets just say that racing attracts BIG boys
    Your body will fill out as you get older too, I was 130 lbs. @ 5'9" when I started to work out around 16.

Just work hard, eat well, and get plenty of sleep and rest.
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Wannabebig Member
    i have been on the first routine for about 2 weeks and have seen some modest gains, but for some reason i am losing motivation. what can i use for motivation

When you get to college you're never going to get laid @ 128 lbs. Only fat girls like skinny guys.
    "There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." --James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, 1788