The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Mr Sensitive

Warrior Diet by Ori Hofmekler

I'm just curious as to peoples opinion on this. In short, the book reads that a calorie is a calorie, no such thing as 'clean' and 'dirty' food, meal timing is crap, and protein absorption is more than what you are led to believe.

I've personally been on it for 7 solid weeks and I've had great energy levels, strength is as good as always, and fat loss has been great. Much easier to eat once a day rather than prepare 5 or 6 small meals a day. I find it so much easier to track macros, too!

Anyone have any comments or just want to take a look at it, please do. It worked for me and I would just like to open peoples' eyes to this. I was always a firm believer in meal timing and metabolism slow down and muscle loss and etc.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Your assessment of the book isn't quite correct. The difference between "clean" and "dirty" food is made VERY clear. Processed carbohydrates (sugars especially) should be avoided the majority of the time. It's acceptable once in a while but will impede progress if done regularly. It also doesn't really say that a calorie is a calorie since important distinctions when it comes to the sources of those calories. What he says is that it's about your total daily intake and not when that intake happens, but what makes up that intake is the entire basis of the program.

The most useful part of the book is the explanation of metabolic hormones and their manipulation.

Hofmekler uses a lot of hyperbole and marketing garbage but the idea is sound. Eat real food with a minimum of processing, reap benefits. It's been done before but that doesn't mean it's bad. If anything, it's the first one that I can think of that combines something in the vein of paleo (but not quite) with an intermittent fasting protocol. This particular approach has appeal to a lot of people. A lot of people might get turned off by all the warrior talk since it serves no purpose other than the aforementioned marketing garbage.

I've been doing it off and on for just under a year and eating IF style for almost 2. In the middle of reading the book for the 3rd time right now and plan to switch to this system permanently. I had virtually no adjustment period when I decided to use the intermittent fast. After this long, I can't imagine eating any other way. It's a hell of a lot more convenient than having to stop my day 4-5 times to eat.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

I couldn't possibly imagine eating one meal a day...

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti Sandwich View Post
    I couldn't possibly imagine eating one meal a day...
    That'd probably be because your interpretation of the word "meal" is more traditional. On this diet, my daily meal lasts for about 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingWarlord View Post
    That'd probably be because your interpretation of the word "meal" is more traditional. On this diet, my daily meal lasts for about 3 hours.
    So you can't be bothered to eat 4-5x a day but you are willing to eat for 3 hours straight?
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

Quote Originally Posted by McIrish View Post
    So you can't be bothered to eat 4-5x a day but you are willing to eat for 3 hours straight?
    First, I've NEVER been a proponent of eating more often. That mythology is stupid and I've never made a single post that said otherwise. It's always been about comfort. For me, it just happens to be more convenient and comfortable. When I PSMF, I do it IF style because it's more satisfying than eating 4 bites of food every hour.

Second, that meal comes at the end of the day, after work, training, etc have been done. It's the unwind portion of the day. It's really not hard to spend time doing what could be considered "grazing" as long as the plan is followed.