View Poll Results: Do you favor 'The New' WBB?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I fraggin' love it!

11 15.28%
  • I don't really care, but like this better than the old one.

10 13.89%
  • I couldn't give a rats, but like the older one more than this one.

40 55.56%
  • I hate this more than sauerkraut marinated in dung!

11 15.28%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Who Favors 'The New' WBB?

I'll see if we can lighten the blue up a little to help take some of the emphasis away.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    I agree with this. I don't spend nearly as much time here now. Oh well.
    it seems like there's a lot less posting goin on all around =/
    which sucks for me cuz i just started enjoying reading/posting on these forums again after a several month hiatus, and it seems like everyone else is just up and leaving. lmao /wrists

Quote Originally Posted by Dgro View Post
    it seems like there's a lot less posting goin on all around =/
    which sucks for me cuz i just started enjoying reading/posting on these forums again after a several month hiatus, and it seems like everyone else is just up and leaving. lmao /wrists
    I just checked over the board stats and actually we're seeing exactly the same, if not a little more posting since the board transition in overall posts as well as threads created.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

guess i'm just imagining things.

Feels like posting is down to me too.

I was too a little worried about people dropping off, but I also checked the stats and they look right about how they should - nothing out of the ordinary.

I am of course a little biased, but once you get used to things I find everything just fine to read and post.

Next week though I am going to have a think about some ways to address the color/text balance that you guys are feeling is slightly off.

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Please take out the blue margins on the sides!
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

These will go when we create a full width version of the site - hopefully in no more than 2 weeks.

I think it would be nice if the line between the post and the signature was darker so it would differentiate itself better

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    If you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a "Top" button that will take you right there

That'll do I suppose..

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    I'm pretty neutral, while I do like some of the new features all of the added colors, and doodads have made posting from my phone that much more difficult, also the search field pops up behind the board field for me. On a pc I like it a lot, on my phone i despise it.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    I think it would be nice if the line between the post and the signature was darker so it would differentiate itself better
    I have my monitor brightness turned down really low so it doesn't hurt my eyes and I couldn't even see that line until you mentioned it!

I'm getting used to the new site. I'll usually browse it once or twice a day and it's getting easier. There's just these little things which you almost can't put your finger on that make it harder to look at.

Has the search function within a thread been addressed? Anyone else having problems with it?
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I have my monitor brightness turned down really low so it doesn't hurt my eyes and I couldn't even see that line until you mentioned it!

I'm getting used to the new site. I'll usually browse it once or twice a day and it's getting easier. There's just these little things which you almost can't put your finger on that make it harder to look at.

I think the real reason why some people have difficulties with the new look is because the old look was "THE" look for so long.

It's still the same WBB you've always loved, the only significant difference is the appearance. Nothing has substantively changed imho.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

I like it personally. It's awkward but just because its a new format. I like how it integrates so much. Very well done.

Didn't read the whole thread but I'm thinking that they should have waited longer before asking people what they felt. I hated this design at first but now that I know where everything is I love it!

It just seems like everything is very clean-cut and I like that. No superfluous icons or unnecessary "flare". Clean fonts and colors that aren't confusing.

I like it.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

I agree, if I had to re-vote I would do the 'I like the old one better but this one's okay', but until they give it widescreen support, I'll stick with my old vote...

Here's a suggestion, if possible... Since there's so much extra unused space in the area that gives a posters name, 'title' thing, avatar, join date, location, and post count, I don't suppose you could allow for larger avatars? Since this a weightliftin site and all, and there's many who have pics of them posing, etc. Just a suggestion.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Good evaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by d'Anconia View Post
    Didn't read the whole thread but I'm thinking that they should have waited longer before asking people what they felt. I hated this design at first but now that I know where everything is I love it!

It just seems like everything is very clean-cut and I like that. No superfluous icons or unnecessary "flare". Clean fonts and colors that aren't confusing.

I like it.
    Excellent!

Oh and we didn't start this thread by the way, it just got created when we updated

I still don't like not being able to refresh to the main page of whatever thread I'm in without going back to the top and clicking it in the map.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Hey, can you explain in a bit more detail exactly what you mean and I should be able to add it back in or let you know how it can be done now.

So, say you are in this thread, what exactly do you want to refresh? This page?

Was there a breadcrumb at the bottom of the forums before?

Also bear in mind that you can click the top button to very quickly get you to the top of the thread.

Also do you know pressing F5 refreshes the current page you are on?

I have noticed some threads are missing. In the "pics and vids" section, i was looking for a thread started by Nathrakh and it is gone. If I look into my older posts, less than 15 show up. Am I missing something?
    5'9". 34.-----------------------------BEST LIFTS-----------------------GOALS
    Bodyweight-------------------------BE 280 x 1------------------------BE 300 x 1
    Jan 2009: 151 lbs----------------SQ 365 x 2-----------------------SQ 400 x 1
    Jan 2010: 221 lbs----------------DL 405 x 1------------------------DL 500 x 1
    Current: 214 lbs
    bulking again -- working on my DL

Quote Originally Posted by jed View Post
    Here's a suggestion, if possible... Since there's so much extra unused space in the area that gives a posters name, 'title' thing, avatar, join date, location, and post count, I don't suppose you could allow for larger avatars? Since this a weightliftin site and all, and there's many who have pics of them posing, etc. Just a suggestion.
    I hate to quote myself, but... eh?
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    I have noticed some threads are missing. In the "pics and vids" section, i was looking for a thread started by Nathrakh and it is gone. If I look into my older posts, less than 15 show up. Am I missing something?
    They are not missing, we just haven't entirely rebuilt the search index yet - this will be done by the weekend!