The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

DL squeezes my fingers numb

This may or may not be an issue. When I deadlift, the blood gets squeezed out of my fingers and hands. If I do more than a couple reps my fingers begin to turn purple from lack of blood, and they remain white while taking about 5 minutes for the blood to return to them. This can't be normal but the question is, do I need to deadlift more? or is this a problem and I should deadlift less?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

uh

i'm no scientist. but i think you may have a bigger problem than deadlifting. lmao
    thats just odd

how much weight are you deadlifting? maybe you could try using straps to get some extra support from your wrists and put less strain on your hands
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 175

B: 255x1 DL: 375x1 SQ: work in progress

Goals: B-275 D-400 S-275 Weight- 180

wow, helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dgro View Post
    uh

i'm no scientist. but i think you may have a bigger problem than deadlifting. lmao
    thats just odd

Wannabebig Member
    I have a similar problem my fingers don't change colors but they get numb and i cant even make a fist right after sometimes i cant finish my set because i will just drop the bar if i hold it any longer.

Are you a smoker? Mabye you have blood circulation issues, if not then I'm not sure what it could be.

i'm thinking I might have circulation issues. This is from deadlifting only about 240. Non-smoker, exercise regularly lifting and running. It really concerns me because it happens in all my lifts but most directly affects deadlift where grip is taxed the most

Quote Originally Posted by peatr99 View Post
    i'm thinking I might have circulation issues. This is from deadlifting only about 240. Non-smoker, exercise regularly lifting and running. It really concerns me because it happens in all my lifts but most directly affects deadlift where grip is taxed the most
    I'd head in to a sports doctor and tell him your problem. If you do have circulation issues they may be able to give you a simple drug to clear up your arteries or something like that. I'd definitely go talk to a doctor though, always be safe.

Just curious, are you using gloves? Chalk? Pronated grip? Supinated grip?

no gloves or chalk, double overhand grip. I also hurt my wrist doing deadlift a few months ago and its been weird ever since, I really need to see a doctor I guess