Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The odds will be against you, but you are true heroes.

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    True that. I should have isolated her more when I had the chance. She's here for a little bit longer so I'm just gonna lay it down pretty direct tomorrow since I am 100% sure she was attracted to me when we first met, and I know something is still there even if my opportunity is not as good as it was before. Truth is I haven't really done this in a while and am pretty out of the game (confidence-wise) at the moment.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes View Post
    True that. I should have isolated her more when I had the chance. She's here for a little bit longer so I'm just gonna lay it down pretty direct tomorrow since I am 100% sure she was attracted to me when we first met, and I know something is still there even if my opportunity is not as good as it was before. Truth is I haven't really done this in a while and am pretty out of the game (confidence-wise) at the moment.
    That's some interesting diction there. How was it when you told your parents you are a serial killer? :P. Just playin' man. Yea, go for it. Key is confidence brah. There are some hot ass girls out there with subpar boyfriends who are with them because they were confident when they approached and had solid game. Just, uh, remember to erm...put on the safety catches before you try a PR.....yes that was my ****ty sexual gym innuendo.

Banned
    imo opinion, caveman her. you just pick her up and carry her to your car... its that simple

Lol chevelle, Thanks brah.

f=ma - How 'bout I f=ma her? lol

Quick Update: Hey guys, just a quick little question here... it's been... let's see, as I recall I haven't actually missed a workout this whole time I've been lifting. So that's like 4 months of straight lifting? 3 days a week, cardio other days. I missed yesterday's workout due to explained reasons. I was gonna shift M-W-F to T-Th-S this week, but I kind of enjoyed that day of rest and now I'm kind of wondering if it might benefit me to take another lifting day off and either start back up on Friday or the following Monday. Or is that just me starting to get lazy? I don't really know. I think my body might be able to use the rest, but I don't wanna take it if I don't need it and I don't wanna come back and be all ****ty in my strength or something. Thoughts?
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

House Lannister
    Lol chevelle, Thanks brah.

f=ma - How 'bout I f=ma her? lol

Quick Update: Hey guys, just a quick little question here... it's been... let's see, as I recall I haven't actually missed a workout this whole time I've been lifting. So that's like 4 months of straight lifting? 3 days a week, cardio other days. I missed yesterday's workout due to explained reasons. I was gonna shift M-W-F to T-Th-S this week, but I kind of enjoyed that day of rest and now I'm kind of wondering if it might benefit me to take another lifting day off and either start back up on Friday or the following Monday. Or is that just me starting to get lazy? I don't really know. I think my body might be able to use the rest, but I don't wanna take it if I don't need it and I don't wanna come back and be all ****ty in my strength or something. Thoughts?
    When I was in that situation, I'd always switch to the T-Th-S spit OR just doubled up so that two of my training days were in a row so I could have the two days rest, but that's up to you. If you need the extra day off, then you need it off.

Hm, alright. I think I'll hit the gym today for a T-Th-S this week. Gonna try to get in contact with teh girl tonight. Must... victorious.
    Lifting Journal

6/1/10

High-bar Squats (down to 9.5" box)
    hip stuff, 45 x 10, 95 x 5, 135 x 4, 185 x 3
    -215 x 5 [+1 rep]
    -215 x 5 [+1 rep]
    -215 x 4 [+2 reps]

Standing one-armed Press
    external cuff stuff
    -40's x 8 [+1 rep]
    -40's x 8 [+1 rep]

Ghetto T-bar Rows
    45 x 5, 90 x 3
    -122.5 x 7 [+2.5 lbs]
    -122.5 x 7 [+2.5 lbs]
    -122.5 x 8 [+2.5 lbs]

I like that you're able to progress by 2.5 lbs with T-bar Rows. Sometime only being able to add 5 lbs. as the smallest progression can be too much.

*Supersetted Dips/Lifts/Jumps with Dips always being performed after full rest
    Dips
    -BW+40 x 10.5 [+5 lbs, - 0.5 rep]
    -BW+40 x 8 [+5 lbs, -1 rep]

Lying Leg Lifts: x12, x12
    Tuck Jumps: x45 [+5r], x55 [+5r]

Conclusion: I almost didn't go to the gym today, glad I did though. Also, oddly I weighed in at 155 lbs today, approx. 5 lbs less than I did a couple of days ago And another thing, my stomach was feeling a bit queasy today, so it's been hard cramming the food in, especially just now post-workout. I didn't even get in all the food I wanted to and I'm feeling pretty full/sick as is. Agh.
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 06-01-2010 at 07:24 PM.
    Lifting Journal

NIce lifting progression Mike. Do you weigh yourself daily in the morning after the bathroom everytime?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Great progress, dude. 9.5" box is LOW! What stance do you use?

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    NIce lifting progression Mike. Do you weigh yourself daily in the morning after the bathroom everytime?
    Thanks man. Yeah every morning after bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Great progress, dude. 9.5" box is LOW! What stance do you use?
    Thanks! I have my feet a bit wider than shoulder width with toes pointing out so that I can spread my legs for hip rotation while going down to keep my back tight.
    Lifting Journal

House Lannister
    Thanks man. Yeah every morning after bathroom.

Thanks! I have my feet a bit wider than shoulder width with toes pointing out so that I can spread my legs for hip rotation while going down to keep my back tight.
    Speaking of which, whatever happened with that girl?

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Speaking of which, whatever happened with that girl?
    Haha. Well unfortunately she actually left town today, although she may be coming back either this week or maybe months later. I talked to her on the phone though and it felt like a good conversation. Regardless, that just means I gotta get re-focused on finals (this is my last week) and squatting
    Lifting Journal

Banned
    very nice fix. those dips are looking sick. is your intake normal despite the queasy? 5lbs is a pretty big fluctuation at your bw imo

You have been constant and relentless and that is excellent, and no doubt you are learning to make adjustments if you miss days for whatever reasons. One thing I would do is throw in a whole body day, etc - regroup and keep moving on. You have got plenty of time to experiment with all that and ole girl Fix, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    very nice fix. those dips are looking sick. is your intake normal despite the queasy? 5lbs is a pretty big fluctuation at your bw imo
    Thanks bro. For once my dips and benching are the most consistent gains I've been making lol. It's really weird... my upper body has been weak my whole life! Yeah my intake has been pretty normal. I don't really know what happened XD

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    You have been constant and relentless and that is excellent, and no doubt you are learning to make adjustments if you miss days for whatever reasons. One thing I would do is throw in a whole body day, etc - regroup and keep moving on. You have got plenty of time to experiment with all that and ole girl Fix, lol.
    Thanks man. Yeah for sure, I'm learning to deal with missed days. Speaking of which... I've got a question:

QUESTION: Would it ever be reasonable/acceptable to only lift two days a week rather than three? I realized that the reason my Tuesday lifting session felt so nice is because I had 3 days of rest between my last workout on Friday. I think my upper body can handle 3x a week lifting, but I like having lots of rest between the Squats and Deads. For example I'm not sure if I can Deadlift tomorrow at full capacity due to the Squats yesterday. One thing I could do is stick Deads on Fridays and keep my heavy Squatting session on Monday (which is what I used to do anyway). Any input?
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 06-02-2010 at 01:49 PM.
    Lifting Journal

Two days a week is fine. Three is better if you can get away with it. But you can do very well on two days a week.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

House Lannister
    Thanks bro. For once my dips and benching are the most consistent gains I've been making lol. It's really weird... my upper body has been weak my whole life! Yeah my intake has been pretty normal. I don't really know what happened XD

Thanks man. Yeah for sure, I'm learning to deal with missed days. Speaking of which... I've got a question:

QUESTION: Would it ever be reasonable/acceptable to only lift two days a week rather than three? I realized that the reason my Tuesday lifting session felt so nice is because I had 3 days of rest between my last workout on Friday. I think my upper body can handle 3x a week lifting, but I like having lots of rest between the Squats and Deads. For example I'm not sure if I can Deadlift tomorrow at full capacity due to the Squats yesterday. One thing I could do is stick Deads on Fridays and keep my heavy Squatting session on Monday (which is what I used to do anyway). Any input?
    I'm not the most experienced here Fix, but personally, I wouldn't dip below three days a week if you can help it. I just don't see that being optimal for muscle growth from everything I've read on this site and others. I'm thinking you may need a deload. If you are still progressing pretty well and don't want to deload just yet, what do you think about doing different variations of some of your exercises, i.e. hack squats, convent deads, trap bar deads, etc. And you are always going to have some days that feel better than others, no matter how many days off you take. It's always going to be that way. I would personally stick with what you're doing as you are still progressing pretty damn well.

Yeah alright. Thanks guys. I will stick with three for sure then. This week I am feeling especially sore/beat (probably do need a deload like you suggested) so I'm just gonna skip Thursday's workout and hit it Friday instead, then start back up with M-W-F next week.
    Lifting Journal

I would stick to whatever way you move up weight the best with. It sounds like that is two days. Theres never a cookie cutter right or wrong answer to a question like this. Twice per week if fairly certain you're under recovered with 3 times per week. No question about it.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 06-02-2010 at 07:21 PM.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    I would stick to whatever way you move up weight the best with. It sounds like that is two days. Theres never a cookie cutter right or wrong answer to a question like this. Twice per week if fairly certain you're under recovered with 3 times per week. No question about it.
    Rory, in your opinion, is frequency or intensity most important in any routine?

Intensity all day.

Consistency all night.

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

Thanks Rory, I'll keep that in mind this next week if I'm still feeling beat (gonna still give 3x a week some more effort with one lighter squat day).

6/4/10

Deadlifts
    -bar x 10
    -95 x 7
    -135 x 5
    -185 x 3
    -225 x 3
    -275 x 2
    -315 x 1
    -355 x 1
    -400 x fail (would've been a +10 lb. PR)

I grinded the 400 up off the floor pretty well, but when I was ALMOST there I look up at the mirror to see that the right side of my body is pretty much locked out but I just couldn't lock out the left side. Partly because my grip was kinda slipping in my left hand. Very close though!

Flat BB Bench
    external cuff stuff, 45 x 15, 95 x 7, 135 x 4, 155 x 3
    -180 x 5 [+5 lbs]
    -180 x 5 [+5 lbs]
    -180 x 6 [+5 lbs]

Decline Situps
    -BW+10 x 10 [+5 lbs]
    -BW+10 x 10 [+5 lbs]
    -BW+10 x 12 [+5 lbs]

*Burpees done after Chin sets
    Chinups
    -BW+10 x 6
    -BW+10 x 6
    -BW+10 x 8 [+5 lbs]
    -slow BW negative from the very top

Burpees: x15, x15, x20

Concluding Thoughts: Was a bit disappointed with the Deadlift, but the following Bench and Chins got me in a pretty good mood. I think I made some good progress with the Chins today (they've been stalled for a bit), I'm going to use a 15-lb. dumbbell next week. I think the problem was with me exerting and focusing myself too much on the higher-rep Chin sets (7+). I just seem to do everything better with low reps. I've never done great with reps much past 7-8, at least with compound lifts. *shrug* I'm going to stick to a skeleton of 5-rep Chin sets and once in a while do a high-volume BW Chin scheme doing 1 rep every 10 seconds or something along those lines.
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 06-04-2010 at 08:53 PM.
    Lifting Journal

Good stuff there, steadily on the rise...great effort going for the 4pps deads, you'll get that soon no doubt.

House Lannister
    Sounds like ya need some chalk.

Nice workout. It looks like straight setting the chinups helped a bit?