The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Session looks nice, like the higher reps Fix.

Going with what Tim said about resetting weights by basically dropping back to a weight you can really handle well and then progressing back up is one option. You can also do simple things such as making a change in your stance, your grip, the order of sequence, the rest period between sets, rep ranges, and overall sets.

The first 2 changes that I'll make is overall sets and working sets or the rep ranges. I think those are two ways to definitely put something different into your workout.

When you got to that last Deadlift workout how did you feel physically and mentally'? It's definitely a surprise to see you not get anything with that weight.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Thanks guys. I've been losing a lot of motivation lately. A big reason being that my passion for guitar-playing has been coming back, and I've always had trouble multi-managing multiple priorities in my life. Whether it's lifting, playing guitar, composing music, playing WoW, girls, etc., I usually devote all my time and energy into that one thing. So I've actually only gone to the gym a couple of times since my return from the Florida vacation. Pretty crappy.

Anyway.... managed to get my ass to the gym today.

Squats
    -225 x 5
    -225 x 5
    -225 x 5

DB Bench
    -50's x 12
    -50's x 12
    -50's x 12

Ghetto Rows
    -115 x 12
    -115 x 12
    -115 x 12

Leg Lifts
    -BW x 12, x 12
    Burpees
    -BW x 15, x 20

My pressing strength is sucking a donkey dick right now. I appreciate the advice about sticking with the exercises and resetting weights, but I really am determined to stick with the DB Benching right now. I just hate having to rely on spotters who literally always help me when I tell them not to. It pisses me off, and angers me for the rest of my workouts. I'd rather fly solo with the DB's, and that I will! Although they're feeling kinda weird right now. I posted a thread with DB Bench questions if any of you would be so kind as to offer your input: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...ng-DB-Benching

Thanks, and hope everyone's doing alright unlike me lol.
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 08-11-2010 at 12:58 AM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Banned
    nice workout man. all is well over here except that im fat!

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes View Post
    Thanks guys. I've been losing a lot of motivation lately. A big reason being that my passion for guitar-playing has been coming back, and I've always had trouble multi-managing multiple priorities in my life. Whether it's lifting, playing guitar, composing music, playing WoW, girls, etc., I usually devote all my time and energy into that one thing. So I've actually only gone to the gym a couple of times since my return from the Florida vacation. Pretty crappy.
    I see a conflict of interest here.

It's okay to not have the gym be your #1 priority. Other stuff comes up in life all the time. You'll come back to it. Although I do kind of kick myself every once in a while for picking up cycling instead of sticking with weight lifting. Who knows where i could've been today.

It's very healthy to have other interests, lol...be sure to keep this thing on track no matter what Fix.

House Lannister
    So are you still working out or just rockin' out and snortin coke off of teenage girls' @sses?
    Last edited by chevelle2291; 08-25-2010 at 12:18 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    So are you still working out or just rockin' out and snortin coke off of female night elf asses?
    fixed

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    fixed
    win.

queer...i tell ya.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

House Lannister
    Dude where the fuuuuuu are you????

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    So are you still working out or just rockin' out and snortin coke off of female night elf @sses?
    ryan.. dont ask dont tell

So... the bad news is I haven't really lifted in about 6-8 weeks, but the goods news is today (first day back) no one curled in my squat rack and there were a few milfs in the gym. Side note: some mom came up to me and said "excuse me, you have amazing form" after one of my squat sets lol. Sadly she wasn't one of the milfs, but it made my evening nonetheless. Numbers really weak right now. Thanks for the support even while I was away guise =P

9.5"-Depth Squats: 195 x 5 x 3

DB Bench: 45's x 5 x 3

Ghetto Rows: 105 x 7 x 3

Last edited by fixationdarknes; 09-21-2010 at 10:21 PM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes View Post
    So... the bad news is I haven't really lifted in about 6-8 weeks, but the goods news is today (first day back) no one curled in my squat rack and there were a few milfs in the gym. Side note: some mom came up to me and said "excuse me, you have amazing form" after one of my squat sets lol. Sadly she wasn't one of the milfs, but it made my evening nonetheless. Numbers really weak right now. Thanks for the support even while I was away guise =P

9.5"-Depth Squats: 195 x 5 x 3

DB Bench: 45's x 5 x 3

Ghetto Rows: 105 x 7 x 3

Chevelle, I love you and your damn pictures. Fix, my lil bro good to see you still alive after the coke/elf ass incident, those are always hairy situations. Lessons learned though, good to see you back in here. And it's definitely all good to have other interests, trust me, I took a few weeks off and just got fatter, but hey, keep getting up, dustin your self off and get back on the horse, of elf ass, whatever. Glad to see you back around here bro.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Go back to WOW. I don't like your deadlift or where it was going.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Chevelle, I love you and your damn pictures. Fix, my lil bro good to see you still alive after the coke/elf ass] incident, those are always hairy situations. Lessons learned though, good to see you back in here. And it's definitely all good to have other interests, trust me, I took a few weeks off and just got fatter, but hey, keep getting up, dustin your self off and get back on the horse, of elf ass, whatever. Glad to see you back around here bro.
    Oh dear god. I sure hope you didn't mean that literally.
    Last edited by chevelle2291; 09-22-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Go back to WOW. I don't like your deadlift or where it was going.
    you have no choice but to hit 455 before rory now

Hey I haven't played WoW in years haha. Just for the record I've been playing (mainly guitar) in multiple bands/projects and writing lots of music. I have no excuse for having gotten lazy, but that's what I was doing

I WILL HIT 455 THIS YEAR. How, I have no ****ing idea, but I shall!

Thanks for the support guys. Rory, thanks for the reverse psychology support
    Lifting Journal

Banned
    here we go fix, here we go.

cha cha.

You had an off day yesterday, tonights the night. Let's see it.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

I'm dying here, ROFL.

And I think Fix could use some of this:

me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

House Lannister
    Soooo....that 455 dead......yea....

House Lannister
    Bump for Fix.

Start this $hit up again.

I think Fix disapeared...Maybe him and Mark are hanging out together.
    Last edited by Off Road; 12-31-2010 at 09:07 AM.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!