Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The odds will be against you, but you are true heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes View Post
    Hm... interesting. I kind of still want to order some of it along with the creatine and try it, although I guess if I'm taking it with creatine there'd be no way for me to know which one is benefiting me. Tingling? Lol.

Also, do you guys still use creatine while cutting?

And Behemoth, when would be a more fitting time to eat bananas then?
    Definetly worth trying, I mean a lot of people report good things about it. I was just kind of ranting about the tingle, so what... it makes you tingle people, get over it lol

Creatine is definetly tried and true and worth you money. I doubt many people would argue against that.

I absoluetely use creatine while cutting. It will be in my supplementation all the way up to and through my show day.

And about the bananas... I was kind of being a smart ass and making it too technical. ANYTIME is a good time to eat bananas! And really, it doesn't matter whether you want to use dextrose or fruit, I was just being a little facetious. You'll likely never notice the difference if you used one or the other for years consistently.

Lord knows I've eaten plenty of bananas including (but not limited to) post workout! I've also used dextrose post workout. By science the latter is better but it's never worth making that technical at our level....
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Haha alright man, thanks for all your help. Dunno what I'd do without people like you
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Definetly worth trying, I mean a lot of people report good things about it. I was just kind of ranting about the tingle, so what... it makes you tingle people, get over it lol

Creatine is definetly tried and true and worth you money. I doubt many people would argue against that.

I absoluetely use creatine while cutting. It will be in my supplementation all the way up to and through my show day.

And about the bananas... I was kind of being a smart ass and making it too technical. ANYTIME is a good time to eat bananas! And really, it doesn't matter whether you want to use dextrose or fruit, I was just being a little facetious. You'll likely never notice the difference if you used one or the other for years consistently.

Lord knows I've eaten plenty of bananas including (but not limited to) post workout! I've also used dextrose post workout. By science the latter is better but it's never worth making that technical at our level....
    Thanks for clearing up the difference between dextrose and fruit sugar though, it was definitely interesting. I just figured that bananas, even if they are an inferior energy source than dextrose, are cheap and would prolly still do the trick if the supps are cutting into his budget.

nanners are definetly cost/effective bulking. Yes hard to go wrong with them unless you're anal about nuances. I'm at the store buying them every other day when bulking, I like em a little green (=
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Bananas freakin' rule. Even when I wasn't training/dieting I ate them on a consistent basis because they taste so good haha.

5/24/10

Squats (deep, high-bar)
    fire hydrants, leg swings, bar x 5, 95 x 4, 135 x 3, 155 x 2, 185 x 1
    -210 x 5
    -210 x 5 [+3 reps]
    -210 x 5 [+5 lbs]

Flat BB Bench
    external cuff warmup, bar x 12, 95 x 5, 125 x 3, 145 x 2
    -170 x 5 [+5 lbs]
    -170 x 5 [+5 lbs]
    -170 x 5 [+5 lbs]

*Circuit: 3 sets of chin/crunch/burpee*
    Chinups
    -BW+5 x 9
    -BW+5 x 9 [+1 rep]
    -BW+5 x 6

Crunches: x12, +5x12, +5x12

Burpees: x15, x15, x15

Thoughts: Felt good redeeming myself from last squat's embarrassing fail Really focused on sitting back extra far today and pushing off my heels. No more lost balance today, was very hard but very great. Bench was hard but I pushed it up! Chinups are slow to gain as always but I'm just glad I got a one rep improvement! Had a nice and big PWO meal today under the council of Behemoth who has helped me a lot with dieting information the past couple days

GIMME SOME CARBS!
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 05-24-2010 at 08:00 PM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Good stuff buddy. Glad you got back into the swing of things this year. Numbers look great after all the time off and I see the progress is still coming. Keep that diet in order and you'll only go up.

Thanks dude. Diet for sure man. It's been pretty good the past little while, I think I just need to increase carbs a bit and especially time them better post-workout, which I did today. w00t!
    Lifting Journal

Super-Duper squats Fix.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Awesome stuff Fix!
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

powerlifter in training Liftersize's Avatar
    bench after squats would kill my arms
    Current Stats: 6'1 185
    Deadlift 480 Bench 280 Squat 365 Raw Total: 1,125
    Front Squat 295
    My New Journal!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...49#post2331749

nice workouts man! Nice to see someone else who puts their PRs in red lol

Looking very nice there guy, make no mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Super-Duper squats Fix.
    Thanks dude that means a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Awesome stuff Fix!
    Thanks man, you've got some awesome stuff up your alley as well. Can't wait to see pics of your gym when it's finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftersize View Post
    bench after squats would kill my arms
    Hm... really? I've never noticed any real effect on my benching after squatting. Deadlifts on the other hand get pretty affected XD

Quote Originally Posted by JRider23 View Post
    nice workouts man! Nice to see someone else who puts their PRs in red lol
    Thanks. Yeah I've just always done it haha. I figure if I PR'd I want it to be noted well enough that both I and others know how excited I was to accomplish it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Looking very nice there guy, make no mistake.
    Appreciate it Coke.
    Lifting Journal

I just put up a thread here of a pic-comparison from when I started lifting: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...months-of-work
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 05-25-2010 at 03:47 PM.
    Lifting Journal

I just put up a thread here of a pic-comparison from when I started lifting:
    Great transformation Fix. You know it's those squats that are getting you there
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Banned
    great session bro. rory def knows his diet stuff

House Lannister
    Fix, your transformation was VERY impressive. I definitely wouldn't shy away from a bulk though. As long as you keep it clean, I doubt you'll put much fat on at all, and clearly you'd have no problem burning it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Great transformation Fix. You know it's those squats that are getting you there
    Dude seriously. When I used to lift I never took Squats THAT seriously. Well, I did in a way, but now I have much tighter form and squat deeper and harder. Every time I get under the bar to squat I am always thinking "damn, this is gonna suck," but at the same time "this is one of the key ingredients to success!"

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    great session bro. rory def knows his diet stuff
    Yeah that is for sure. Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Fix, your transformation was VERY impressive. I definitely wouldn't shy away from a bulk though. As long as you keep it clean, I doubt you'll put much fat on at all, and clearly you'd have no problem burning it off.
    Thank you. Yeah you're right. I mean I'm definitely gonna keep the eating up, and probably raise it up a notch here in a bit.
    Lifting Journal

Btw guys I added two more pics to the pic thread.
    Lifting Journal

Holy shiz. People weren't kidding about the tingling of Beta-Alanine. I took 3 grams just now and holy hell I'm on fire rofl. At first I thought the slight tingling was in my head, so I was like you know what I'm gonna stop thinking about it. Then my forearms started to experience a sure tingling. Pretty slight, but it was there. Then I sat down to take a dump, and that's when it hit me. The "tingling" that was present in my forearms basically shot out across my whole body, reaching my face, my ears, my neck, legs, feet, hands, etc. Then it sorta died down. It keeps coming in bursts, then will somewhat dissipate, although still being present throughout my body. I'm kind of laughing right now.

I'm not saying the tingling means it's working, and that I bought it just for this experience, but it definitely does "tingle" (or in my case it sort of burns lol). I'm gonna go deadlift now =)

However, since I have a nice-sized package of this stuff, should I spread out my dosage to 1.5g three times a day or something like that? That is what I read recommended, but I'm not sure if it's better to concentrate it at workout (although I'd rather not light myself on fire next time, unless it is what it takes for it to be effective, then I will do it).
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 05-26-2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Lifting Journal

House Lannister
    Holy shiz. People weren't kidding about the tingling of Beta-Alanine. I took 3 grams just now and holy hell I'm on fire rofl. At first I thought the slight tingling was in my head, so I was like you know what I'm gonna stop thinking about it. Then my forearms started to experience a sure tingling. Pretty slight, but it was there. Then I sat down to take a dump, and that's when it hit me. The "tingling" that was present in my forearms basically shot out across my whole body, reaching my face, my ears, my neck, legs, feet, hands, etc. Then it sorta died down. It keeps coming in bursts, then will somewhat dissipate, although still being present throughout my body. I'm kind of laughing right now.

I'm not saying the tingling means it's working, and that I bought it just for this experience, but it definitely does "tingle" (or in my case it sort of burns lol). I'm gonna go deadlift now =)

However, since I have a nice-sized package of this stuff, should I spread out my dosage to 1.5g three times a day or something like that? That is what I read recommended, but I'm not sure if it's better to concentrate it at workout (although I'd rather not light myself on fire next time, unless it is what it takes for it to be effective, then I will do it).
    LOL. Great, now all the kids on WBB are gonna be doing the Beta as their recreational drug of choice.

dude that's amazing. keep up the great work

Wannabebig New Member
    Then I sat down to take a dump, and that's when it hit me.
    Lesson = Don't take a dump right after.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    LOL. Great, now all the kids on WBB are gonna be doing the Beta as their recreational drug of choice.
    Haha I could totally see that happening. Or they'd combine it with pot or something.

Quote Originally Posted by JRider23 View Post
    dude that's amazing. keep up the great work
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by rclayton17 View Post
    Lesson = Don't take a dump right after.
    True that. However, the dump causes me to strain my muscles a bit, so at least with BA I'll be able to perform my dump sets more efficiently.
    Lifting Journal

5/26/10

Sumo Deadlifts
    fire hydrants, leg swings, 45 x 10, 95 x 5, 135 x 4, 185 x 3, 225 x 3
    -275 x 3
    -315 x 3
    -355 x 3 <-- sort of a PR

Standing one-armed DB Press
    -40's x 7 [+1 rep]
    -40's x 7 [+1 rep]
    -40's x 7

Ghetto Rows
    -120 x 7
    -120 x 7
    -120 x 8

*Dips/Lifts/Jumps performed supersetted
    Dips
    -BW+35 x 11 [+5 lbs]
    -BW+35 x 9 [+5 lbs]

Lying Leg Lifts: x12, x12
    Tuck Jumps: x40, x50

Question: Do you think it's odd that I can 1RM 390 Deadlift and when pulling 355 only get 3 reps? I've read that 90% of 1RM's usually give people about 5 reps. I could've maybe gotten 4 reps if I really pulled with all my might and strength, but I didn't want my form to get crappy and was really just aiming for the triple to begin with. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 05-26-2010 at 06:23 PM.
    Lifting Journal