Thread: how to get on briefs?

how to get on briefs?

got my first set of briefts in...light set of inzer power pants. I tried getting them on and can ALMOST get them up my quads but no matter what I do...short of greasing myself up...I can't get in them. Do I just keep working them again and again until they fit like underwear? Also...do you guys wear anything under your briefs? There's no way I can wear anything under these things. THey're TIGHT!

Really hoping they'll help my hips out some at the bottom..they don't have any rebound in the material that I can feel when I play with them but other than they they're supposed to help keep me comfy with squatting heavy.

what do you guys suggest? and how do you know what is the back? the part with the tag like typical clothes? sounds like a stupid question to me..but just incase.
    Last edited by thewicked; 02-13-2010 at 10:14 PM.
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!

Wannabebig New Member
    maybe get a bigger size that might help

Try a pair of Under Armour compression shorts underneath and they should slide right on.
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

I used to use the under armour stuff but have since just used suit slipers.....the under armour is good for geting the suit up but doesnt truely allow the gear to grab your body....which helps

I have powerpants (fitted for the recommended size) and they are very tight. I had a tough time getting them up half way on my hips then used suit slippers. With the suit slippers on, I did front/side lunges for about a minute and got them up. They streched a lot after the first workout and went up easier the second time. I wear tight boxer briefs under the powerpants.
    (SQ) 550 (BP) 425 (DL) 550
    5'9" 195lbs.

2014 Goals: 365 raw bench; Triple bodyweight deadlift; 1500 meet total @ 198

YouTube -- http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlDonatiJr?feature=mhee
    Journal -- http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...-Get-Stronger!

Set a bar bar up waist level in the power rack. have a training partner wrap the top of the brief around the bar and tell him to HOLD ON! Once hes got a good grip start sliding into the briefs. Turn to the back, then the sides. This is the only way i put mine on.
    Best raw meet lifts
    Squat:765 with wraps. / 700 raw with out wraps
    Bench: 525
    Deadlift: 755
    Total: Raw with wraps: 2000. with out wraps: 1925

Best lifts Equipped
    1050, 840, 715. Total: 2605

Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

haha thanks guys...i should actually have a size SMALLER since I've lost so much weight since I ordered them...and my thighs look like I'm pushing them out of a sausage grinder when they're all the way up. I guess I'll just pull them up until they fit me like a pair of briefs do. I'm going to work around in them today at the gym and see how it goes. I'm thinking I'll just drop the change and get a cheaper single ply squat suit next purchase to work in if these don't seem to feel right.

scott the way you do it works awesome.....using the hooks on a powerrack works great that way too...I know some ppl have little straps sewn on the sides of the briefs to make it easier doing it that way

Monolift hooks are the king when it comes to getting on tight squat gear. I can get into my squat suit by myself with the use of a monolift hook and let me just say, if it was any tighter I'd probably explode (I have a weird build as far as taller with a big waist line so to get it tight enough around my hips I have to get a super tight suit unless its custom).

how high do you pull them up? like your typical undies?

I think they may be too small as well. I have a set of Inzer Predator briefs and they are not terribly hard to get on and I feel mine fit me pretty well.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Power pants shouldnt be that hard to get on, but they will stretch pretty quickly. I wear them for all my squatiing just for some hip support. Not much carryover.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

I ordered these when I was much heavier...so they are a couple sizes up from what they recommend. I've got pretty big legs but they feel like a nightmare getting them on. I'm going to keep them because I still have alot of weight to drop and will look into a champioin or z-suit and give that a run and just work with the straps down.

So its the legs of the power pants? Thats where I've had problems with them fitting me in the past. The legs are ridiculously tight. I'd just pull them up and wear them. They are power pants, they are going ot stretch out quickly. If that doesn't work, use a basketball to stretch the legs just a littlebit. Deflate the ball, put it in the legs and inflate it until its tight. Be careful you don't overstretch them.
    Finally ELITE @ SHW..

Single ply: 931 squat, 760 bench, 530 deadlift and 2180 total
    Multi ply: 960 squat, 770 bench, 550 deadlift and 2250 total.

The next stop: PRO total.

HOO's Gym: building the strongest gym in the South, one plate at a time.

illinois fattest lifter theBarzeen's Avatar
    the tighter the better for something like powerpants...... preds, BOSS briefs, OVERKILL etc can be so tight that you'll never hit depth, but powerpants are stretchy, just take the 15 minutes to work them up....
    Meet PR's: 1008-750-750 - 2464

Gym PR's... don't count ... time to do another meet!