Thread: Can I do shruggs one arm at a time?

Hybrid View

Can I do shruggs one arm at a time?

When I can't get to the gym and I gota use my own equiptment is it okay to do shruggs one arm at a time? See my dumbell set is only a 40lb set, and that means if I split it in between 2 dumbells its 20lbs each trap, but if I could stick all 40 on one dumbell and do each arm one at a time it would be twice the weight (which still aint much, but it's better than 20).
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    yeah, you could do that, the weight's light enough that it won't throw you off kilter.

yeah, and if you find you are off balance you can easily just do the sets with one arm clinging to a door jamb or something like that.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

3:16
    i have done one armed shrugs a lot.
    but use a the tricep push down or cable cross machine to do it.
    i put the cable to the bottom and shrug. the principle is the same.

I do hold onto a bar to keep my body stable.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.