The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Losing weight with the help of video workouts

Guys could you help me out please, I need to lose a lot of weight before vacations season, I heard that Cardio Kickboxing is the top calorie-burning workout I can get, but I do need some advice on practicing it, perhaps a simple exercise to start with, I prefer videos to understand the whole concept, any help appreciated.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I would suggest a good weight lifting routine with a reduced calorie diet and conditioning/cardio exercises thrown in.
    Read some of the stickies and articles on this site for good examples of each.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

tackling something like cardio kickboxing right off the bat may cause you to burn out. the fastest way to lose weight isn't by exercising fast, but with consistency. get yourself on a schedule.
    ain't nuttin but a peanut.

You will have gotten stronger when the weight that feels heavy is actually heavier than the weight that feels heavy now. Then the weight that feels heavy now will be a warmup for the weight that feels heavy then. But the weight will always feel heavy or you're not lifting enough weight. Clear? -Rippetoe

big_boss, you're correct that kick boxing, boxing, anything MMA etc are all very good cardiovascular workouts, but I don't think trying to learn these is your answer to cutting weight.

OffRoad said it perfectly. You need to be doing a mix of weight training and cardio sessions and on top of that the most important thing - carefully watching what you eat.

It's help if we had more information about you.

What's your current weight?
    What do you want to weigh and by when?
    What's your experience with training?
    How tall are you?
    Do you know what bodyfat percentage you are?
    What's your current diet like?

If you let us know these things, we can make some more specific recommendations and help you get set up with a training program and diet.

On the whole though, you should aim to weight train 2-3 times a week (for about 60 mins each session) and then do anywhere between 2-5 cardio sessions on top of that (about 40 mins each) and you'll need to track your food intake and be making good food choices.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal