Thread: Question about restoring leptin levels...

Wannabebig Member

Question about restoring leptin levels...

How do you know that you have sufficiently restored your leptin levels on a re-feed day? Is there a certain amount of a caloric surplus? Does it just have to be constant eating throughout the day?

If you have been dieting down consistently and weight has plateaued, energy has dropped, hunger is high, and your body has reached a supercompensation state then there is no rules when it comes to a re-feed just eat a lot of food through the day and if you are in a state where its needed it shouldn't be hard.

The problem withthis is many people can't truly be objective when it comes to things like this and reading their own bio-feedback. A Some tend to have a re-feed because they want it and not because they need it which will defeat the purpose. So be cautious when doing so.

I was feeling run down, no energy, and could barely lift. Yesterday I had 10 donuts for breakfast (not little ones, big ass donuts), platter of chinese for lunch, 3 plates of tuna casserole for dinner and a 1/2 gallon of icecream for desert. Woke up feeling energized and wanting to lift something.
    Nick V

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks guys.

I think I understand what you guys mean. I hate arbitrarily re-feeding on Saturdays because there have been a couple where I didn't want to, but I told myself I had to. I'd much rather actually listen to my body and re-feed when it needs to.

Are there any other, more objective, measures that I can use? Like RHR in the morning or any guidelines like once every week, two weeks?