The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

need help with macros and diet

Ive been mildly bulking since september. I have gained 15 lbs total with 4 lbs of it being muscle at best. I went from 135 to 150. Im 5'2" male.

I have been using a tape measure method where you measure your waist, hips, forearm and wrist, put it into a calculator with weight and age and gender to get bf measure. This is the method I have been using for the past several years so I use it as a tool of gain or loss.

My macros on this bulk have been around 45%carb, 30%fat, 28%protein give or take on any particular day and around 2400 cal give or take. I had moved the protein down and the carbs up when I started the bulk. It was not as clean as I wanted, but not total crap either.

I guess im a real endomorph since the main growth has been in waist and hips. from 37" to 39.5" hips and from 34" to 38" waist with maybe an inch on chest, thighs and neck,.

I need to lean up for summer now and am real bummed at the total crap this bulk ended up in. I really have been looking into PH to help lean myself out but I really wanted to stay natural.

Can some folks chime in and help me alter my diet and nutrition to better work a recomp?

My meals are as follows:
    Breakfast= spinach, kashi cereal, uncle sam cereal, flax oil

meals 2-5= lean meat( chicken breast salmon, steak) , whole grain or starchy carb(brown rice, quina, potato), fibrous veggies (green beans, brocolli, squash, red pepper)

pre and post workout whey and fruit(only 3 days per week)

Throughout the months, there have been snacks of icecream and junk here and there.

My workout was a full body each workout 3 times a week with 2 to 3 work sets of 6 to 8 reps . I have since moved to a 3 day full split (lower/push/pull) with each group hit once a week with 6 sets of 12. I like that better.

What advice can anyone share that will help me with a solid recomp so I can stop thinking about resorting to PHs?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    Just a bump and update on my training. I have moved onto a full body twice weekly with 3 sets of 5. I am getting stronger and feel this is a good type of workout for now. I will change up later though.

How about any advice on the diet? Also, when trying to lean up some, should my lifts stay heavy and low rep or should I move into a higher range like 8 to 12 reps?

Also, when trying to lean up some, should my lifts stay heavy and low rep or should I move into a higher range like 8 to 12 reps?
    If what you are currently doing is working, stick with it.

How about any advice on the diet?
    Food selections look fine. More detail is needed though.

Ignore the PH's, I think you need to clean up your diet and put some hard work in.

Your routine sounds good, do 3 hours cardio or so along that (perhaps a mix of HIT and steady state) and you'll be golden.

Follow the nutritional advice in here and you'll also be set - To Bulk or to Cut, That is the Question - or is it?
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal