Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 130lbs hell yeah!

130lbs hell yeah!

Some of you may remember i'm aiming for 135lbs as I started on 126 and now i'm 130, it's taken a while but the weight has gone up now so my own muscle should start picking up alot more to.

Good job. Now go eat some more.
    "There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." --James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, 1788

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kmagnuss View Post
    Good job. Now go eat some more.
    Ignore comments like this.

Good work and good luck with your continued progress!
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Setting and meeting goals is what makes exercise fun, IMO.

Congrats!
    Most people pray for a lighter load in life...ever thought of praying for a stronger back?

Goals as of 2/08/11 (current) goal:
    Squat: (505) 535, Deadlift: (475) 500, Bench: (325) 350 Total: 1305 (1385)
    BW: 225 as of 02/01/2011 Goal: 205 by May 1, 2011

he cheated, he's wearing socks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryblade View Post
    Ignore comments like this.

Good work and good luck with your continued progress!

could argue you guys said the same thing, Good work, now go eat more (eating more will progress your weight gaining goals)

sorry to go off topic OP that is really good i remember when i restarted lifting again i was somewhere around that weight and every lb was another notch. I dont know if you are but you might want to keep track of some of your major lifts so you can go back a few months from now and see the progress

What was wrong with my comment? There was nothing derogatory about it. I doubt he's content at 130, and wants to get bigger...so eating will be part of doing that.

Anyway... congrats again... and go eat. Just like I'm doing right now, every 3 hours, like clockwork.
    "There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." --James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, 1788

great job!!!! i hope you reach 135 in your near future.

Well done!! It's a very good feeling to hit a goal like that. I can relate.
    I like the photo of the scale. To me, that shows it means something to him.
    I just may have to do that.

(And I didn't interpret Magnuss's comment as a negative one either, for the record.)
    Last edited by Bosch232; 03-05-2010 at 04:49 PM.
    "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." ~ C.S. Lewis

just can't imagine what it's like to be so excited about gaining 5 lbs to reach a whopping 135lbs!
    sorry guys don't mean to poke fun at the hardgainers out there, but gaining bulk has just never been a prob for me.
    My prob is seeing my abs and some veins.

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kmagnuss View Post
    What was wrong with my comment? There was nothing derogatory about it. I doubt he's content at 130, and wants to get bigger...so eating will be part of doing that.

Anyway... congrats again... and go eat. Just like I'm doing right now, every 3 hours, like clockwork.
    lol my bad.

I thought you were ripping on him.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

How long did it take you to put on 4 pounds?
    5'9". 34.-----------------------------BEST LIFTS-----------------------GOALS
    Bodyweight-------------------------BE 280 x 1------------------------BE 300 x 1
    Jan 2009: 151 lbs----------------SQ 365 x 2-----------------------SQ 400 x 1
    Jan 2010: 221 lbs----------------DL 405 x 1------------------------DL 500 x 1
    Current: 214 lbs
    bulking again -- working on my DL

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    How long did it take you to put on 4 pounds?
    Hopefully not more than a couple of weeks
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Hopefully not more than a couple of weeks
    Seriously! I'm just curious because I can move the needle on the scale more than that in 1 day.

It's good you are making forward progress, but on the right diet and program you can gain 5lbs of mass in a week easy. You should be aiming for that unless you are doing a clean bulk.

Are you drinking whole milk? It's a great way to pump in the calories because it is relatively inexpensive, tastes good, and has a good balance of macronutrients. I'd try to start off trying to put down a half gallon, then work up to a whole gallon per day. It seems like a lot, and it is, but it is definitely manageable.

How often do you squat and dead?
    My 10 week cut results

"Sweat in training so you don't bleed in battle."

Quote Originally Posted by Raleighwood View Post
    It's good you are making forward progress, but on the right diet and program you can gain 5lbs of mass in a week easy. You should be aiming for that unless you are doing a clean bulk.

Are you drinking whole milk? It's a great way to pump in the calories because it is relatively inexpensive, tastes good, and has a good balance of macronutrients. I'd try to start off trying to put down a half gallon, then work up to a whole gallon per day. It seems like a lot, and it is, but it is definitely manageable.

How often do you squat and dead?
    Consistently gaining 5lbs a week is a very bad idea. At 130lbs, I wouldn't aim higher than a couple of pounds a week.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    I agree 1-2lbs a week 2lbs only at the beginning is that way to go. Unless you're an athlete and need to put size on for your sport quickly.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

blah
    Last edited by Skalami; 03-06-2010 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez View Post
    Consistently gaining 5lbs a week is a very bad idea. At 130lbs, I wouldn't aim higher than a couple of pounds a week.
    This is somewhat true... It really depends on his goals and height.

If he is above 6' tall, he needs to gain 5lbs a week until hes at least 160-170lbs. I have no science to back that up, but anyone over 6' foot and under 150lbs is extremely underweight, IMO.

I don't know anything about his program or his goals. But if it's to get bigger and stronger, what would be wrong with adding 5lbs of mass a week? It will facilitate growth and strength gains.

He will put on body fat, and if that is something he isn't comfortable with, then he should look to add mass more slowly.
    My 10 week cut results

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleighwood View Post
    This is somewhat true... It really depends on his goals and height.

If he is above 6' tall, he needs to gain 5lbs a week until hes at least 160-170lbs. I have no science to back that up, but anyone over 6' foot and under 150lbs is extremely underweight, IMO.

I don't know anything about his program or his goals. But if it's to get bigger and stronger, what would be wrong with adding 5lbs of mass a week? It will facilitate growth and strength gains.

He will put on body fat, and if that is something he isn't comfortable with, then he should look to add mass more slowly.
    To be honest, to me he seems like someone with a small appetite, which is also shown by the time it took him to gain 4lbs. For someone like that, gaining 5lbs a week would require such a big calorie surplus that he will probably have to eat untill he gets extremely uncomfortable. That for me, is something im not willing to do. He will also gain unneccassry bodyfat which he will have to cut off later. He might as well take it slow, put on quality mass and enjoy getting bigger slowly.

Congrats and nice work!!!!!!

If it helps you at all, many years ago I was 6'1" and weighed 130 pounds. Just eat and lift, then eat some more and lift some more.
    Stats: (11/1/2009)
    Ht: 6'1"
    Weight 250#

Quote Originally Posted by RvNijnatten View Post
    To be honest, to me he seems like someone with a small appetite, which is also shown by the time it took him to gain 4lbs. For someone like that, gaining 5lbs a week would require such a big calorie surplus that he will probably have to eat untill he gets extremely uncomfortable. That for me, is something im not willing to do. He will also gain unneccassry bodyfat which he will have to cut off later. He might as well take it slow, put on quality mass and enjoy getting bigger slowly.
    We are all going on a lot of unknowns and assumptions...

Adding calories via whole milk is actually not that hard. Large glasses with each meal and another large glass between meals.

Lately, I've been doing a half scoop of whey (~10-12g of protein) plus 12 oz of whole milk for a total of ~24g of protein... That's a decent amount of calories/protein you can put down 3-4x a day easy.

OP, what program are you on and what does your diet look like?

How old and tall are you? What is your main goal in training?
    Last edited by Raleighwood; 03-06-2010 at 02:12 PM.
    My 10 week cut results

Quote Originally Posted by RvNijnatten View Post
    To be honest, to me he seems like someone with a small appetite,
    Small appetite = small guy.

For someone like that, gaining 5lbs a week would require such a big calorie surplus that he will probably have to eat untill he gets extremely uncomfortable. That for me, is something im not willing to do.
    If HE is not willing to do something that makes him " uncomfortable" putting on weight will be the least of his problems.
    See bold. Hey thats just my opinion.

Good job! I'm a couple pounds away from 130. Good to see I'm not the only small guy around here!
    Height - 5'5
    Weight - 128 lbs

Goal - 150-160 lbs

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    See bold. Hey thats just my opinion.
    I agree with your first point, but there is a difference between an appetite for 1-2lbs and 5lbs. Again i agree with your point but im just looking at being uncomfortable towards good gains. If i was very uncomfortable and gaining big amounts of fat i would lower it.

I just wanted to show the perspective of having to do the extra bit with unnecessary fat gain as a result, which wouldnt make it worth it to me.