Thread: biceps and side delts

biceps and side delts

my background is powerlifting, aut i've found that my biceps and side delts are severely neglected in my training. i'm on a hypertrophy block at the moment, so i figure this would be a good time to finally add some mass to my lagging muscles. so my question is: what are some routines/techniques you've used to add size to your biceps/side delts? Thanks!
    21 years old, 242 pounds
    current: 750 squat, 445 bench, 725 deadlift
    goals: Total 2000+ raw in the next 18 months

Overhead presses, lateral raises, pullups, barbel curls, hammer curls. It's pretty easy to tack on some of these assistance movements onto most existing routines. You should post what you're doing now and how much you weigh.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Lateral raises and preacher curls would get my vote.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

You sound like me, my biceps suck but high rep lat work and DB curls in the 8-15 range are helping.
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

@RichMcGuire - i'm doing all those things in my current routine. i military press 205 strict and chin bw+63 for sets of 5. my log is greg's log without a clever title for a more in-depth look at what i'm doing. i carb cycle, so my weight fluctuates, but it's about 200 the morning after a low day and around 208 the night of a high day.

@Behemoth - i'll add in preacher curls for sure. how do you do your lateral raises (do you use a specific rep range, tempo, etc?)

@NickAus - i'm hitting the high rep lat work already (though not nearly as high as your set of 300 a while back), but i'll bump up the reps on my DB curls
    21 years old, 242 pounds
    current: 750 squat, 445 bench, 725 deadlift
    goals: Total 2000+ raw in the next 18 months

Sorry, I don't have the time or desire to track your workout log down. Nothin' against you - I just don't want to, lol. If you're doing most of the things we suggested and your program isn't ******ed and you're eating enough, then I'm sure you'll be fine.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial