The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: 115 lbs here :(

Wannabebig Member

115 lbs here :(

hi,im new here,looked around ,reall nice forum,well i want to get to the point why i joined.im 25 years old,height 5'6,,around 115-118lbs ,,and WANNA BE BIG!!im tired of hearing you look skinny.

well im here for some help and info...iam going to start by buying a bench press..im new to this so any helpful tips would be really appreciated.ide be happy at 130lbs and a little muscle
    Last edited by zachstunna; 03-09-2010 at 07:56 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Best advice you will get. Read,eat,lift,read more,eat more and rest.

Pick a routine like Starting Strength or WBB1 and stick with it for 6 months or so.Lift heavy,it is supposed to be hard. Don't miss gym days.

Eat enough to support muscle gains,try to gain 2lbs a week for a couple months then back it down to 1 lb a week for a while. Drink milk.

Rest,rest and rest some more! Your body needs time to recover from heavy lifting!

Read the stickies at the top of the pages,you will learn a lot.
    "The deadlift is more functional in that itís very hard to imagine a more useful application of strength than picking heavy *h*t up off the ground" Rip

Max 3x5 Goal 3x5 by 12/31/11 *1X5
    Bench (245) (275) 285x1x1 335
    Dead (385)* (445) 435x1x1 505
    Squat (320) (355) 355X1X1 405
    Squat (195) (275) 20 Reppers!
    (950) (1075) 1075 1245 Goals (Not including 20 reps)
    5'10" 288Lbs 02/01/2011 Goal Weight 230 On my way back from a Break!

tips:
    don't buy a bench press, get a gym membership. or buy a squat rack instead.
    you'll still look skinny at 130, i suggest aiming higher
    eat lots of food
    ::::::::::::::::::::Updated 9-16-11::::::::::::::::::::
    Deadlift 1x5 @ 408 Squat Max @ 370
    CG Bench 1x7 @ 225 Power Clean Max @ 235
    W Chinups 3x10 @ +50 Dips 1x5 @ +115

Height - 6'3 Weight - 194lbs Age - 21

"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end." - Larry Bird

I used to hate the "You look too skinny" comments. I hated it so much that it caused me to avoid social situations. The "Squats and Milk" program cured me
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig Member
    thanks for the input...yea i dont have a local gym....i will start reading the stickys as well.what kinf of calorie intake should i be looking at?

Here's some motivation for you from one of the members progress here

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...22lbs-rear-lat

Start with Starting Strength as your routine and eat alot. You don't necessarily need to worry about any specific calorie goal just eat everything around. If you arent gaining at least 1 lbs a week keep bumping your daily calories up until you start gaining.
    Stefan
    Height: 6'4 - Weight: 235 lbs - Age: 31
    DL: 530 x 1
    Squat: 355 x 1
    Bench: 350 x 1

that really depends on how much you're eating right now, and your metabolism. you should read the stickies to figure out all the right information for you, but if i had to wager a guess i would say about 3500 calories a day would have you gaining steadily at first. if you're not a big eater, liquid calories are your friend.

"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end." - Larry Bird

Start with Starting Strength as your routine and eat alot. You don't necessarily need to worry about any specific calorie goal just eat everything around. If you arent gaining at least 1 lbs a week keep bumping your daily calories up until you start gaining.
    you don't need to, but it's a good idea. there's a reason fitday.com is popular around here. the "eat everything in sight" technique is only optimal for someone who doesn't mind going an an extremely dirty bulk, which aint for everybody

You're the same age and height as me. I started at about 115 lbs when I got out of high school so I know where your coming from. After years of not knowing WTF I was doing I happened to stumble on this site and never looked back. After months of reading, I figured out routines and diet. I focused on Starting Strength and started tracking my calories. Join a good gym, one that will allow you deadlift and squat. Focus on compound lifts, and stay consistent. Just be careful because this stuff can be addictive. I weight around 165 lbs now at about 10% BF and every time I look in the mirror I think I'm SO skinny, because apparently I'm never satisfied.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK41 View Post
    Here's some motivation for you from one of the members progress here

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...22lbs-rear-lat

wow i totally look like his first pic lol,man this is great,thanks.that guy really improved.

thank yall very much for the info and tips.

ok rite now i do eat my normal 3 meals a day.
    im gonna have to step it up a bit,,with maybe some ice cream/peanut butter /ensure shakesetc etc

one more question,what a good liquid drink to gain?
    thanks again

one more question,what a good liquid drink to gain?
    as previously stated, milk. as long as you can digest it fine it's awesome for weight gain cuz it comes with protein too.

other than that any sort of protein shake is good. homemade stuff is excellent too, anything with milk/peanut butter/ice cream/protein powder/fruit/whatever. be creative.

here is an example that one user on this website created, it got really popular:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...The-Bako-Shake

i drank that every day throughout most of high school, though i did cut all the portions in half to save money

Wannabebig Member
    haha guess what just left from the local supermarket...going to start that shake today...but wont be as much lol.thanks again guys.

Don't forget to take progress pics.
    "There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." --James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, 1788

Wannabebig Member
    Yeah, I've been reading the stickies here and I'm doing pretty well as far as beginners go. The SS program is really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
    Just be careful because this stuff can be addictive. I weight around 165 lbs now at about 10% BF and every time I look in the mirror I think I'm SO skinny, because apparently I'm never satisfied.

I think I'm the same way...

Wannabebig Member
    cool ill look into that program,im freakin sore rite now haha

Wannabebig New Member
    I hear you dude. I'm around 5'6 and I weight 113 lbs. last christmas. People kept giving me wtf's. I was actually pretty well-weighted growing up but something happened after my first year of college and I basically stopped eating and became a work-aholic. Finally, something broke through and I started working at a health food store, so I was constantly around the right kinds of proteins and foods and I managed to bulk up a bit. I'm 135-137 from bulkind and lifting for about 3 months. Unfortunately, that only lasted a bit so I'm looking to bulk/lift more now. Just give it time and patience and you'll see that if theres one thing we can gain control over it is our body. I'm new to the boards and I've been reading up and it's been helping me to motivate me to get back into it, theres alot of good information and real results on this website.