Thread: What can I do to drop a little more body fat without loosing weight?

Wannabebig Member

What can I do to drop a little more body fat without loosing weight?

I'm 5'9" 180lbs and my BF is 14.8% (29 years old). I'm trying to get my weight to around 185. My goal is to get my BF down to 13.5-14%. What could I do to help get my weight up 5 lbs without gaining anymore fat? I'm currently taking 3 protein shakes (1000 all natural calories). My other 3 meals are usually around 500 calories. Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you
    Only 5'9" 180

Eat at maintenance calories and get stronger.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    simple yet profound, I like it. Great reply Off Road!

What you want to do is going to require a good amount of consistency with diet and training.

Wannabebig Member
    So I'm assuming that I'm going to need to increase my calorie intake and clean up my diet to drop the body fat? I feel like I don't really eat bad but for some reason I'm at 14.8 BF.
    Only 5'9" 180

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    What you want to do is going to require a good amount of consistency with diet and training.
    My diet has been pretty consistent for the most part. I've been mixing up my workout routines every 5 weeks or so.
    Only 5'9" 180

^--How consistent? Are you counting calories?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Yes, this is how I went from 190 to 230+....Bulk with excess calories, get a little fat, cut back to BARELY above maintenance and recomp body, rinse-repeat. I still have a belly but thats the only area that has noticeable fat...

Quote Originally Posted by Wants2bBig View Post
    I'm 5'9" 180lbs and my BF is 14.8% (29 years old). I'm trying to get my weight to around 185. My goal is to get my BF down to 13.5-14%. What could I do to help get my weight up 5 lbs without gaining anymore fat? I'm currently taking 3 protein shakes (1000 all natural calories). My other 3 meals are usually around 500 calories. Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you
    The first thing I recommend is stop focusing soo much on your BF% number. Why 13.5%? The reason I say this is because its really insignificant when it comes to true results. Go by how you look in the mirror and if you want to lean out more do so with proper diet and if your happy with what you see keep doing what you're doing and be consistent.

Measuring BF is not very accurate anyway and can be skewed each time you do it. Also bodyweight is just a number as well. Say you get to 185 and haven't leaned out are you going to change thigs yet again? This is where people start yo yo dieting and thats not a good thing. I'm not trying to put you down by any means I just want you to realize there is no magical bodyweight where you may look your best. Everyone carries their bodyfat differently and the more muscle you carry the leaner you look even at a higher bodyfat percentage.

Stick to a well balanced nutrition plan with mostly good whole foods and train hard with consistency and results will come. Don't become too fixated on numbers.
    Last edited by Allen Cress; 03-11-2010 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Cress View Post
    The first thing I recommend is stop focusing soo much on your BF% number. Why 13.5%? The reason I say this is because its really insignificant when it comes to true results. Go by how you look in the mirror and if you want to lean out more do so with proper diet and if your happy with what you see keep doing what you're doing and be consistent.

Measuring BF is not very accurate anyway and can be skewed each time you do it. Also bodyweight is just a number as well. Say you get to 185 and haven't leaned out are you going to change thigs yet again? This is where people start yo yo dieting and thats not a good thing. I'm not trying to put you down by any means I just want you to realize there is no magical bodyweight where you may look your best. Everyone carries their bodyfat differently and the more muscle you carry the leaner you look even at a higher bodyfat percentage.

Stick to a well balanced nutrition plan with mostly good whole foods and train hard with consistency and results will come. Don't become too fixated on numbers.
    Thats good advice. Rely on the mirror, an objective second eye, and how your clothing fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Wants2bBig View Post
    So I'm assuming that I'm going to need to increase my calorie intake and clean up my diet to drop the body fat? I feel like I don't really eat bad but for some reason I'm at 14.8 BF.
    Proper nutrition isn't just about what you eat but how much you eat as well.