Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: hypertrophy

  1. #1
    underdog
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    21

    hypertrophy

    hey everyone, iv been weight training for only weels now and have been reading articles whitch ive found very good, but could sombody explain what hypertrophy training is please

  2. #2
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    51
    Muscle hypertrophy is the increase of the size of muscle cells.

    so its training for bigger stronger muscles.

    Muscular hypertrophy can be increased through strength training and other short duration, high intensity anaerobic exercises, although those kind of exercises have little effect strengthening the muscles involved in respiration. Lower intensity, longer duration aerobic exercise generally does not result in very effective tissue hypertrophy.

    Most of the time when people say they are working for maximum hypertrophy, they mean they are lifting heavy weight for lowish reps.
    Last edited by Krazor; 03-15-2010 at 03:09 PM.

  3. #3
    Wannabebig Member tcooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazor View Post
    Muscle hypertrophy is the increase of the size of muscle cells.

    so its training for bigger stronger muscles.

    Muscular hypertrophy can be increased through strength training and other short duration, high intensity anaerobic exercises, although those kind of exercises have little effect strengthening the muscles involved in respiration. Lower intensity, longer duration aerobic exercise generally does not result in very effective tissue hypertrophy.

    Most of the time when people say they are working for maximum hypertrophy, they mean they are lifting heavy weight for lowish reps.
    i believe your last statement is wrong. maximum hypertrophy is lower weight more reps. rep range around 8-12
    5'6
    191.5lbs 8% BF
    25 yrs old
    prepping for my first show!

  4. #4
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazor View Post
    Most of the time when people say they are working for maximum hypertrophy, they mean they are lifting heavy weight for lowish reps.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcooper View Post
    i believe your last statement is wrong. maximum hypertrophy is lower weight more reps. rep range around 8-12
    You are both right.
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  5. #5
    Wannabebig Member tcooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    You are both right.
    yeah as i think about it, that is true off road.

    either way you go you will get big, but you wont if your diet isnt in check
    5'6
    191.5lbs 8% BF
    25 yrs old
    prepping for my first show!

  6. #6
    Strongman Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by underdog View Post
    hey everyone, iv been weight training for only weels now and have been reading articles whitch ive found very good, but could sombody explain what hypertrophy training is please
    Hypertrophy = Training for muscle size.

    Other popular training goals include:
    - Mass (bodyweight)
    - Body Composition (bodyfat percentage)
    - Bodybuilding (Hypertrophy/body composition)
    - Strength (powerlifting)
    - Weight Loss (bodyweight)
    - Athletic Performance (strength, conditioning, flexibility)
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

    Weight: 220 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

    Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

  7. #7
    underdog
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    Hypertrophy = Training for muscle size.

    Other popular training goals include:
    - Mass (bodyweight)
    - Body Composition (bodyfat percentage)
    - Bodybuilding (Hypertrophy/body composition)
    - Strength (powerlifting)
    - Weight Loss (bodyweight)
    - Athletic Performance (strength, conditioning, flexibility)
    thanks for clearing that up for me lads,

Similar Threads

  1. What would be best for hypertrophy?
    By Rob of Oz in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 10:03 PM
  2. looks of myofibrillar hypertrophy and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy
    By dissipate in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-20-2005, 09:07 PM
  3. Hypertrophy!
    By jaydx in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 06:54 AM
  4. So hypertrophy
    By Bboy486 in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-26-2002, 11:03 PM
  5. hypertrophy
    By jugheadkills in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2002, 10:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •