I'm sure Tom could answer all of these questions, but I thought it would be a good idea to post it onto the Forum, in case anyone else has similar questions. I know Tom has a Q&A thread in the BB forum, but I figured this would be a more appropriate section.
Anyways, I'm going to be moving into a house in a neighborhood in June, so this allows me to have a few pieces of equipment in my garage. I'm thinking about outfitting it with a few strongman implements. I'm very interested in getting into training strongman, but the nearest group that works implements on the weekend is on the southside of Denver, kind of far for me to go every week, especially with my busy schedule. I really want to start getting into strongman, might do a couple strongman meets next month.
Anyways, onto the questions:
1. Standard Implements - Based on Tom's article, I'm going to shoot for the following:
- Bigass Tire
- Farmers Walk
- Some sort of log
- Heavy DBs to clean and press
- Some sort of yoke/stone platform combo thing
Anything I'm missing? I have access to a welder so I can probably have him make some of these items, like the yoke or stone platform. I am on a budget so I may DIY on a lot of these.
2. Can anyone provide resources for DIY implements or equipment reviews?
3. making your own stones - how hard is it? Did you buy or make your own mold? Any size I should focus on? I did some research and it sounds like you can use a single Slater mold for a few weights, might go that route unless others have any input.
I'm sure I'll think of a lot more ******ed questions, i'll keep updating this thread as neeed