The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Tired while working out

Ever since I had mono I haven't had that same buzz while working out. I get tired after my first set of heavy squats. I can keep going but I just don't have that fire. I will start taking my multivitamins again and also intake more veggies (probably through greens+ or something). Has anyone else experienced this type of fatigue? I don't know if it's low blood pressure or something... anyone else know what I mean?
    Brad08 has some insight for people who don't understand... anything.
    This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

You're one of those pussies that counts his almonds I bet.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

When did you have mono? Mono really takes a lot out of you and takes a good while to fully recover from.

Wannabebig New Member
    I got mono when I was a young teenager and wow did it blow! Went to school came home slept, woke up ate did homework, then back to sleep all night. I eventually started taking a decent multi-vitamin and got into training. My body was more sore then it has ever been since but eventually I got through it and my body adjusted. Eventually the workouts got easier, and the mono symptoms just went away. I've been training for about 2 decades since then and no more mono symptoms. I would reccomend trying to avoid CNS stims and if you are looking for an energy boost perhaps something like ALCAR or alpha-gpc.

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    Iron.

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    You are probably just out of the game.
    Being so sedentary for so long probably has affected your ability to bring up the intensity.
    Try hard not to get frustrated, and realize that it's going to take some time to get your energy levels back to normal.

Maybe instead of just diving right in and trying to deadlift and squat, take it a bit easier: do some body weight exercises at moderate intensity (pull-ups, dips) throw some cardio into the mix.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Well it has already been about 2 months since I had it. I was out for about 1.5-2 weeks and took another week off from the gym even though I felt better. My red meat intake is pretty good but I will start taking a multivitamin. I can still get through my workout despite being tired/sluggish... well see after I change up a few things.
    Brad08 has some insight for people who don't understand... anything.
    This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

You're one of those pussies that counts his almonds I bet.

Wannabebig New Member
    hi to every one please tell me the easiest way to strong my muscles.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    thanks
    This. It's the answer to all questions in the universe...jeebus!

BF, I agree with most here, it's probably just a time issue man. With mono your whole system was probably effected. Keep in there, it'll come back.

Taken from a site I found while googling tired after mono...
    Fatigue may be a factor in the recovery period. How long you remain tired from this illness varies considerably. Many people have little or no fatigue at any time. A few people will be tired for many months. Some will be somewhat tired for one to four weeks following a few days of fever at the beginning of their illness, gradually recovering their full strength and energy. Note that the fatigue is not the cause of the infectious mononucleosis but is the result of it. When a person becomes tired a few months after having mono, it is often impossible to decide whether it is from the mononucleosis itself or from some other cause. Certainly, those who have tend to be tired off and on before mono are not likely to be less tired afterwards.

Seems it's normal, but could unfortunately last a few months bro.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    thanks

Can I nominate this as best first post ever, even thought I myself am new?
    "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." ~ C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Bosch232 View Post
    Can I nominate this as best first post ever, even thought I myself am new?
    Yes...yes you may.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Wannabebig Member
    I have similar problem. I am not getting tired while working out, but for like past 1.5 weeks i have been feeling really tired all the time. I dunno maybe it is from my stressful lifestyle but it is p*ssing me off. I had 1 day off at gym but i guess it didn't change anything much.

Wannabebig New Member
    Hello friends, It could be that you are overstraining believe it or not. You will be amazed how your body will act if you take one week off from training and just do active rest that week. Active rest is like playing sports or just going for a walk and clearing your thoughts. Make sure your protein is up and consume over a gallon of water a day. When you get back to the gym you will be surprised how much more you can lift.