Thread: Too late for a bulk... what should I do?

Too late for a bulk... what should I do?

My summers here last from June to September but it's now March and I skipped out on my bulk all through winter. Why did I do this? I stopped caring about lifting and lost all motivation. I just got back from Mexico and met two guys there that became two good friends of mine. Both of them lift and are jacked. The one guy who is my height and naturally my weight as well has given me a ton of motivation to get back into lifting again seriously. He's naturally around 145 lbs and is walking around right now at a lean 185 lbs. This is exactly what I wanted from the beginning and to see someone in person like this has really inspired me.

So... I obviously missed the bulk and cut for this summer, but what is my best option right now? Should I do a slow clean bulk right now and right through summer and right to next spring? I plan on going to Mexico in March again and would love to be big and lean.

As for my stats... 5'9" @ 160lbs and roughly 16% bf.

Bulk up. There is no season to bulk... Eat food, lift heavy and get big.
    "Donít fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnít matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. Iíve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

If I eat, gain weight, and lift hard, would my bf% increase or decrease? I am so out of the loop on everything. Or do I need to bulk up and then cut to lose bf?
    Last edited by Morox; 03-22-2010 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morox View Post
    If I eat, gain weight, and lift hard, would my bf% increase or decrease? I am so out of the loop on everything. Or do I need to bulk up and then cut to lose bf?
    Your body fat may increase slightly.

Is your goal to be big or to be small and lean?

If you want to be big, get big.
    "Donít fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnít matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. Iíve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

Is a pound a week too much to gain? Or should that be my target?

^--One pound per week is fine.
    Last edited by tom183; 03-23-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KoSh View Post
    Your body fat may increase slightly.

Is your goal to be big or to be small and lean?

If you want to be big, get big.
    Big. I just don't to be a big fatty. I would assume that if I have a clean bulk, I could maybe maintain my bf% but get bigger?

Somewhat.

Or you can bulk for awhile until you're unhappy with what you look like and then cut. It's totally up to you, but if you want to be big you'regoing to have to accept the fact you're going to get some BF with it.
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method