The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Rapid weight loss after cheat meals.

So finally, after all these years I got my diet in order, and have had my weight plummet.

5 weeks in to the cut and I've gone from a morning weight of 106.2kg to 95.9. Roughly 23 pounds.

So far I have had 2 cheat meals during the entire time, usually when I had stalled and needed a new motivator. This is when I noticed something...

For instance, about 10 days ago morning weight was 97.9 which I had hovered around for several days., had lasagne for my cheat meal and the next morning wa 99.3, then the morning after 97.1, and the day after 96.9.

I had another cheat meal last night, and am wondering if the same thing will happen.

I am just curious as to why this is happening, obviously it inst fat, but in a sport with weight class, I would like to know how to use this to my advantage.
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

When you are dieting and ina submaintenance level for a prolonged time your metabolism, thyroid production, and leptin levels down regulate and this is usually when weight stalls or there is performace issues during training. The first thing people do on plateaus is reduce calories which actually makes things worse and causes your body to start storing fat to survive and you damage your metabolic rate as well. So when you cheat (calorie spike) it up-regulates your leptin horomone , which controls thyroid, test levels and GH. This basically jacks everything up and your body starts burning fuel more efficiently again.

The thing is you shouldn't do this more than once every 7 days to make sure you need it and it works. This is very general as you really need to know how to read your body's bio-feedback to determine if a calorie spike is needed. Don't cheat just to cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Cress View Post
    When you are dieting and ina submaintenance level for a prolonged time your metabolism, thyroid production, and leptin levels down regulate and this is usually when weight stalls or there is performace issues during training. The first thing people do on plateaus is reduce calories which actually makes things worse and causes your body to start storing fat to survive and you damage your metabolic rate as well. So when you cheat (calorie spike) it up-regulates your leptin horomone , which controls thyroid, test levels and GH. This basically jacks everything up and your body starts burning fuel more efficiently again.

The thing is you shouldn't do this more than once every 7 days to make sure you need it and it works. This is very general as you really need to know how to read your body's bio-feedback to determine if a calorie spike is needed. Don't cheat just to cheat.
    Thanks Allen!

I guess that's the case, already I seem to be getting that accelerated weight loss. It had been a while since I had done it it, so perhaps it was over due. I will certainly experiment with the timing of this.

Usually the stall in weight loss coincides with particularly bad performance in training. Would it be advisable to use the training to gauge when I should cheat rather than weight?
    Last edited by Fuzzy; 03-18-2010 at 10:20 PM.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Thanks Allen!

I guess that's the case, already I seem to be getting that accelerated weight loss. It had been a while since I had done it it, so perhaps it was over due. I will certainly experiment with the timing of this.

Usually the stall in weight loss coincides with particularly bad performance in training. Would it be advisable to use the training to gauge when I should cheat rather than weight?
    Since you self assessing and don't have a coach then yes that would be a better option. If you seem to crash during workouts consistently then I would add a cheat meal or even day. But you need to realize it has to be something that happens more than once as anyone can have a bad workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Cress View Post
    Since you self assessing and don't have a coach then yes that would be a better option. If you seem to crash during workouts consistently then I would add a cheat meal or even day. But you need to realize it has to be something that happens more than once as anyone can have a bad workout.
    Sweet. Thanks for the help.

I just weighed in this morning and once again I shot past the sticking point two days after the cheat meal.

Cutting is bizarre.

Wannabebig New Member
    Sweet. Thanks for the help.

I just weighed in this morning and once again I shot past the sticking point two days after the cheat meal.

Cutting is bizarre.
    Hi Guys

I'm quite new to this forum and I would like to add something after seeing Fuzzy's question.

1. People do have cheat meals even though it is harmful to their metabolism
    2. When weighting we should take well balanced diet to support our bodies in order to enhance metabolism and to reduce bulkiness
    3. Should take more Proteins to gain weight and should reduce fat gain

For these I think Allen's comments are commendable and we should consult a professional once in awhile at least if you are weighting not with a coach

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by duminda View Post
    Hi Guys

I'm quite new to this forum and I would like to add something after seeing Fuzzy's question.

2. When weighting we should take well balanced diet to support our bodies in order to enhance metabolism and to reduce bulkiness

For these I think Allen's comments are commendable and we should consult a professional once in awhile at least if you are weighting not with a coach

Cheers
    I wanna be bulky
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Hi Guys

Cheers
    1. Considering the cheat meal enahnces my metabolism and allows me to drop weight faster, your first point is pure idiocy.
    2. This is too stupid to address.
    3. This makes no sense..

1. Considering the cheat meal enahnces my metabolism and allows me to drop weight faster, your first point is pure idiocy.
    2. This is too stupid to address.
    3. This makes no sense..
    HAHA, x2. I couldn't bring myself to do it, but thank goodness you were here to do it!
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Cheers
    1) Cheat meals if used properly are no way harmful to metabolism. If you understood anything about Leptin horomone and how it controls your thyroid and test prodution this would be obvious. What is harmful is people dieting and when they hit a plateau they drop calories more and/or add more cardio.

2) A properly balanced diet is not in question because when you are trying to get leaner you will be in a calorie deficit but the food should always be balanced. The problem is when you are in a deficit for too long everything downregulates because your body is trying to survive, this is where calorie spikes (cheat days) are used to keep that from happening and to replenish and refuel.

3) Protein is important but your protein sparing nutrients are just as important.

This is awesome confirmation of what was already a hunch. I had noticed that adding more cardio when I stalled out did nothing to help, when I was already eating perfectly (or so I thought). I had kind of tried the cheat out of frustration, and noticed the same results. And that was just with a very small calorie spike, only a couple hundred extra calories at best. I may have to try a more substantial calorie spike one day (maybe 500+?) and see if that propels me forward even more. I'm so close to my next goal, and it's just been eking along, so this is great news!

Thanks for the info Allen. Great help!