The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Another concern of mine, is how much of my success will be inhibited by my size and stats? I don't even have a raw total of 1000 lbs and I weigh no more than 170 lbs at the moment. What strength athlete is going to listen to my advice? I'm aware of how important first impressions are, so this is another thing that's holding me back. This will affect my confidence teaching a large group of athletes. Am I over-thinking this? Be honest, after all, this is a possible career option for me.

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

I definitly think physical appearance makes a difference. Many of the top guys will tell you to be able to do what your athletes can do, but better. Much of that is in terms of performance and I dont think that will be an issue for either of us, but in terms of first impressions and size, I think being bigger would obviously be helpful when introducing yourself to people.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

I would join in a heartbeat if I lived in Toronto!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to be in London for at least the next two years. When I come to Toronto on weekends and such and don't have a gym I would definitely go to yours. Extreme Fitness has suckered enough money from the population lol.

What may people don't realize is that paying to go to a smaller gym where there are a few dedicated people working is worth it. The knowledge gained from places like these is astounding.
    Brad08 has some insight for people who don't understand... anything.
    This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

You're one of those pussies that counts his almonds I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Another concern of mine, is how much of my success will be inhibited by my size and stats? I don't even have a raw total of 1000 lbs and I weigh no more than 170 lbs at the moment. What strength athlete is going to listen to my advice? I'm aware of how important first impressions are, so this is another thing that's holding me back. This will affect my confidence teaching a large group of athletes. Am I over-thinking this? Be honest, after all, this is a possible career option for me.
    I don't think you need to be Chuck Vogelpohl, Ronnie Coleman, or Ray Lewis, but it does matter.

If you know how to make yourself big and strong then people can immediately see that and want to know how you did it and if you can do the same for them. So I think the real question is if you want to be bigger and stronger yourself, then train and educate yourself to achieve those goals. Through trial and error you'll learn the things you need to know in order to train other people.
    750/500/690 APF Elite @ 242

Bench Only - Multi Ply SPF - 600 @ 275 (251)

Bench Only - Single Ply USAPL - 501 @ 275 (255)

Bench Only - Single Ply SPF - 550 @ 259 (257)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    In the end the results you give the people training there are going to matter much much more.
    960/530/749 @ 242
    903/524/738 @ 220