The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Earth just got smaller

Remember how big the universe was? Well it looks like all galaxies seen in an image from space only constitutes 10% of what was actually there. New technology revealed a lot more.

http://www.universetoday.com/2010/03...more-universe/

EDIT: about 50%, not 10!
    Last edited by BFGUITAR; 03-26-2010 at 02:54 PM.
    Brad08 has some insight for people who don't understand... anything.
    This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

You're one of those pussies that counts his almonds I bet.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If we were only seeing 10% of the universe before, shouldn't the title of that article be "Astronomers Find 900% More Universe"?
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    If we were only seeing 10% of the universe before, shouldn't the title of that article be "Astronomers Find 900% More Universe"?
    Sorry it was a typo. We saw 90% more universe than before meaning we were missing almost 50% of what was there.
    This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

Airsofter & Paintballer
    Give it a few years, they'll find more. As far as it goes in my mind, the universe might as well be infinite. We just simply don't have the technology to see/map/measure all of it. And, again, as far as it goes in my mind, God made the earth in 7 days. He's had a little while longer than that to work on the rest of the universe.

It's just like science has always been, we can try to understand as much as we want, but if you look deep enough, there's always something at the core of your explanation that you can't explain. It just never ends.
    Last edited by TremL96; 03-26-2010 at 07:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    I've been bulking for about 10 years
    Quote Originally Posted by backseatwitme13 View Post
    so how long do you cut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    What's a cut?

Quote Originally Posted by TremL96 View Post
    Give it a few years, they'll find more. As far as it goes in my mind, the universe might as well be infinite. We just simply don't have the technology to see/map/measure all of it. And, again, as far as it goes in my mind, God made the earth in 7 days. He's had a little while longer than that to work on the rest of the universe.

It's just like science has always been, we can try to understand as much as we want, but if you look deep enough, there's always something at the core of your explanation that you can't explain. It just never ends.
    Well we don't know if the universe is like an onion with an infinite amount of layers or whether there is an end. No one really knows. People who say they do know something like that probably aren't the best people to get information from. To be certain about something like that is pretty bold.

Combat Infantryman
    It will continually expand until maximum entropy is reached.
    U.S. Army Infantry
    Eastern Michigan University Eagle

I'm fairly certain I've read that mathematics points to the shape of the universe being a doughnut, no?

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    I've always felt it was a tremendous extrapolation to think that laws which we know hold true for our size scales should work for size scales as large as the universe. Anyone very familiar with scientific discovery should know that science is a series of ever better approximations, and while GR has been an tremendous success at the scales of stars and solar systems, there might be a better 'approximation' for the large scales of the universe. It's hard to do science without the ability to run controlled experiments, pure 'discovery' based science IMHO will always have some doubt.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."