The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Truth
    I think i'm gonna do those 2 things you, JC, said... And calf raises

I'l do them Monday, Wednesday, and Friday..

Good?

The Truth
    Anyone?

And, are pylo's cardio?

The Truth
    Someone with a high vert.. Please advise

The Truth
    ?

The Truth
    ^^^^^

Trying to figure this out JohnCollins's Avatar
    Hi, Tru,

Those two things I was suggesting, the jumping up and grabbing your knees to your chest and the side-to-side cone hopping sure qualify as cardio in my book!

The thing is, you can't do them for very long. Those exercise are more akin to jumping rope (even more vigorous if done right) than jogging, running, cycling, treadmilling, etcetera. You really can't do them very long.

One thing I tried (simply because I don't have any damn time--karate with the kids Tue-Thu-Sat, weights Sun-Wed, cardio whenever) is to make these plyometric moves my sprint in interval training. I'm not a fast runner, more of a jogger, but instead of running faster for an interval, I'll stop jogging and do the jump up thing, then jog again when I get gassed, then do the side-side hop thing (no cone needed if you watch your height and really get it up there), and jog again.

I will freely admit that I haven't done much of this so I can't tell you what it will do to my vert. I started lifting Jan. 1, and now I'm just introducing the cardio and these jumping moves to try to improve my incredibly sorry jump kicks. Let me know how it works out for you. I think they're pretty good moves.

John Collins