The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Couldnt you alternate between the reccomended routines?

Like WWB 1.1, then 2, then 3, and repeat. And theres even a specialized routine for your back and legs. Especially 1.1 since its periodozed. So could u progessively go through the routines and have grear progress results? and if so who has?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    Bump

How long are you implying that you would stay on a routine before switching?

Wannabebig Member
    Im on wk. 8 right now for 1.1 and that lasts about 20 weeks. And i would stay on the 2 and 3 for 6-8 wks

I suppose I can't really think of why that would be a problem. How long have you been training?

Only reason I would advise against it is if you haven't been training long, it'll be more productive to stick to a routine for awhile before you begin tooling around with them.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Wannabebig Member
    Ive been on a specific routine sine August of last year, but ive been sort of dicking around in the weight room since the 6th grade (im in 10th now). Im asking because i thought a good plan would be to build a good strength base (300 bench, 400 squat, and 500 deadlift) and then go through a couple cycles of the hypertrophy programs on here. Sum1 correst me if im wrong???

And if it helps:
    Weight 182-183 12 bf. Currently cutting to 176 and 10 bf
    Bench 210-215
    Squat 390
    Deadlift 330. Just started last week, the gains are coming pretty fast wk to wk

Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    Ive been on a specific routine sine August of last year, but ive been sort of dicking around in the weight room since the 6th grade (im in 10th now). Im asking because i thought a good plan would be to build a good strength base (300 bench, 400 squat, and 500 deadlift) and then go through a couple cycles of the hypertrophy programs on here. Sum1 correst me if im wrong???
    You have a very good plan. Consistent progression is the key to success. That doesn't mean you have to do the exact same thing for years, it just means to stay within the principals that are proven effective for you. You can always stay with the basic template that is getting you stronger, and as recovery and progression allow, start adding more of the things you would want for your hypertrophy goals as long as it doesn't interfere with your lifts. Over time your strength specific routine will start looking like a hypertrophy specific routine, or at least a hybrid. Start simple and add things in slowly.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    You have a very good plan. Consistent progression is the key to success. That doesn't mean you have to do the exact same thing for years, it just means to stay within the principals that are proven effective for you. You can always stay with the basic template that is getting you stronger, and as recovery and progression allow, start adding more of the things you would want for your hypertrophy goals as long as it doesn't interfere with your lifts. Over time your strength specific routine will start looking like a hypertrophy specific routine, or at least a hybrid. Start simple and add things in slowly.
    Agreed...

Switching routines after progress is exhausted/slowing significantly is good. I am on 5/3/1 and my bench isnt moving but my other 3 lifts are going up very nicely. I am sticking to that routine until I exhaust my gains on squat/dl and then moving on to a bench specific routine.

Wannabebig Member
    Ok good looks. Im gonna continue to focus on the strength/hypertrophy periodized routine till November, then do a good 4 months of hypertrophy and re-assess where im at

Wannabebig Member
    I know the questions already been answered im just updating my squat max, My new max is 420 and i finally reached my goal of being able to squat 400 as a 10th grader (YIPEE)