Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ufc 111

Ufc 111

Discuss.....

Shane Carwin fight unbelievable. GSP fight predictable.

Garage Lifter
    Didn't get to see but wish I had. I'm surprised at how well Nate Diaz did.
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

i was stunned by the carwin fight, didnt think he would finish mir as quickly as he did, mir just didnt have a answer when carwin pinned him against the cage.

didnt think hardy would last the distance with gsp but fair play he held on but couldnt do anything to stop the takedowns and thus got dominated.

good card.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else."

I only watched Carwin v. Mir.

I'm a huge Carwin fan and have been since he came into the UFC. The guy is just so powerful it's unreal.

The way he stuck those fists right on Mir's chin so quickly was really impressive. Caught him right on the jaw. I will definitely be watching Carwin v. Lesnar.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Hahahahahahah @ Mir. Can't stand that big mouth SOB.
    "Don’t fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn’t matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. I’ve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

lol at Brock. Awkward post fight interview ftw. Sounded like he still thought he was in the WWE. Something just doesn't look right about that guy. Maybe it was the business suit with the fresh Sargent Meathead haircut.

S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

"Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay

Quote Originally Posted by KoSh View Post
    Hahahahahahah @ Mir. Can't stand that big mouth SOB.
    Completely agree...

Glad Nate Diaz is winning again.

Hardy got dominated but I give him props for being a tough bastard and not tapping when GSP was a quarter inch from ripping his arm from his body, twice.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

GSP just continues to amaze. One hit would've been all it took for Hardy to drop him, but no......no deal!
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

Frank Mir just got overpowered again, even after putting on that much size. I like him for the fact that he's got such a good ground game at that size, but damn, Carwin is a monster. I'm really looking forward to this guy beating on Brock. I can't stand his WWE showboating. Hopefully once/if Brock gets beat he'll just disappear too, such a lame "bad guy".

GSP continues to dominate the welters. Don't see him losing for a long time. Unless some one catches him early, cause he can take down and control anyone he wants right now.
    "Fine, if I'm not allowed to light it on fire, can my imaginary friend?"

Wannabebig Member
    Shocked and dissapointed the gsp hardy fight went to decision. Hardy has rubber arms. Good on him for not tapping out I thought his arms were gonna break.

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Hardy definitely surprised me. He's like a freakin' snake. I kept thinking he was gonna make a move but he never did. After round 3 though it was pretty clear he was toast.

The post-GSP fight was hilarious! It was really weird, thought at first the black guy (don't know their names) would dominate, but damn. Seemed like some rather n00b moves went on lol.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

This was a good gif so I thought I would share.

Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Hahaha at that gif. That's pretty much exactly what happened. I do feel like the ref could have/should have stopped the fight several punches before he did though. After Mir was face down unconscious and the ref was literally a foot away, he let Carwin throw like 4 more punches to the side/back of his head...

Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes View Post
    The post-GSP fight was hilarious! It was really weird, thought at first the black guy (don't know their names) would dominate, but damn. Seemed like some rather n00b moves went on lol.
    I know the one you are talking about. His name was Ronny or Rodney or something. He was built like a bodybuilder, but the guy had no stamina. The announcers kept saying it was because of his large muscle mass and I was laughing at that. Get that guy doing some prowler pushes, etc. and he could dominate. He was just picking up and dropping the other guy down like he was a rag doll but the other guy (Hamman?) just waited for him to get tired.

GSP just dominated that Hardy punk-rocker wannabe. Can't wait to see GSP move up a class and see how he does. I think it will be the same story.

Carwin vs. Lesnar is gonna be awesome.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by Runty View Post
    Frank Mir just got overpowered again, even after putting on that much size. I like him for the fact that he's got such a good ground game at that size, but damn, Carwin is a monster. I'm really looking forward to this guy beating on Brock. I can't stand his WWE showboating. Hopefully once/if Brock gets beat he'll just disappear too, such a lame "bad guy".

GSP continues to dominate the welters. Don't see him losing for a long time. Unless some one catches him early, cause he can take down and control anyone he wants right now.
    If brock is even at the same level he was a year ago carwin will get WTF PWNED.

As much power as carwin had over mir... brock will have that much more over carwin. If brock is going to lose this fight carwin will need to humble himself big time and realize he's not going to over power brock... he's going to have to out fight him on a technical level.

But Brock has already been shown to have a problem absorbing strikes. Mir dazed him with a weak knee, a solid punch from Carwin will put him out.

I hope Carwin crushes Brock. Brock acts like a tool. I like the mutual respect aspect of mma. Brock's wwe persona just rubs me the wrong way.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    I know the one you are talking about. His name was Ronny or Rodney or something. He was built like a bodybuilder, but the guy had no stamina. The announcers kept saying it was because of his large muscle mass and I was laughing at that. Get that guy doing some prowler pushes, etc. and he could dominate. He was just picking up and dropping the other guy down like he was a rag doll but the other guy (Hamman?) just waited for him to get tired.

GSP just dominated that Hardy punk-rocker wannabe. Can't wait to see GSP move up a class and see how he does. I think it will be the same story.

Carwin vs. Lesnar is gonna be awesome.
    Would that put GSP at the same as Anderson Silva? I dont know who would win that haha.

GSP moving up would put him in middle weight with Anderson Silva, yes. That would be an amazing fight to watch because GSP would probably work his way to a middleweight title shot after beating 2 or 3 people at middleweight, if he stayed long enough. He would however probably have to fluctuate to defend his title from time to time. But for the time being he doesn't sound like he' s going to be putting on any weight. Even though the Hardy fight was a bit unspectacular, I really enjoy watching a GSP put a full MMA clinic on people. His fighting is just so damn seamless.

Quote Originally Posted by CannibalCrowley View Post
    But Brock has already been shown to have a problem absorbing strikes. Mir dazed him with a weak knee, a solid punch from Carwin will put him out.
    rewatch the fight... mir caught lesnar with a flying knee to the face and it absolutely did not daze brock. In fact it wasn't long after that brock KO'ed mir.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    I hope Carwin crushes Brock. Brock acts like a tool. I like the mutual respect aspect of mma. Brock's wwe persona just rubs me the wrong way.
    I feel his crap talking has been warranted. Mir was riding him for a year and made a complete clown of him prior to their second fight. Then he got smashed and Brock let him know about it. He was downright scary after winning and Mir looked like a beat up bully. Brock took it too far after that with his speech, but everytime he has acted like that has been provoked. Carwin talked a lot of crap about Brock prior to when they were supposed to fight last time. Brock responded and he gets made out to look like the bad guy. That said, I want to see Dos Santos knock both of them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Can't wait to see GSP move up a class and see how he does. I think it will be the same story.
    Not sure he will make the jump, in the near future anyway. I think they asked him about it after he fought Pitbull Alves and he said his normal weight was under 185. It's believable too, he is not huge for 170, but damn is he athletic and skilled.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Garage Lifter
    I thought I read somewhere that GSP has put on about 10lbs and is now walking around at about 195. Still really small for a middleweight but it'd be interesting to see how he does.
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL View Post
    rewatch the fight... mir caught lesnar with a flying knee to the face and it absolutely did not daze brock. In fact it wasn't long after that brock KO'ed mir.
    Not only did he get caught with the knee, but he ate a pretty good elbow and another knee right before the flying knee. I think the flying knee hurt him pretty bad, but Mir was too close and Brock dumped him and was able to get his wits back. I don't know if Brock has a great chin, but judging from the shots he took against Mir, it must be pretty good.

If Brock comes back healthy, he's going to be tough to beat. Carwin might be able to standing up, but I think Brock will be able to take him down eventually and he's such a solid wrestler, I think he could control Carwin.

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL View Post
    Actually in an interview I read Brock said that the knee did daze him a bit. Honestly who cares though Mir took a huge risk and paid for it big time.