Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hypertrophy Cluster Training (HCT-12) - Coming Soon!

Regarding the question about supplements, we know what supplements are and what they do. They SUPPLEMENT a proper diet and training regimen. The RIGHT supplements (and at AtLarge that is all we sell, products that actually work as claimed) will give you incremental gains above and beyond that you could achieve without them. So, our HCT-12 program will provide excellent results without the use of any supplements (just like my 30 lbs to your bench in 30 days program), but if you do decide to incorporate the recommended AtLarge supplements you will realize even better results. The decision is yours. Frankly, if I were doing the program and my budget was really tight, the one supplement I would be sure to include would be RESULTS.

When this thing launches it is really going to take WBB into the stratosphere as far as online sites go. It is an amazing program without the b.s. spin that so many other companies choose to employ. In a nutshell, it encompasses all of the values Daniel and I have always shared about this site and AtLarge: no b.s., effective advice and products that will get you exactly what you want in the gym, or on the field.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Can this program be done on a 3 day workout per week ? Also curious if it combines low rep and heavy compound lifts mixed with high two lighter weight on the isolation exercises ?

Or are all lifts pretty high reps ? Like the "Omega Project" which would have all lifts with the same rep count like 1*20, 1*12, 1*10, 1*8, and last 5th set is dropset to failure, the first 4 sets were progressively heavier.

This was a pretty popular program on another forum a few years ago and it was for hand picked members only and was monitored with daily advice on how to adjust certain things and which specific exercises to do every week etc....

I am looking forward to this program, really want to fill out my shoulders and arms which seem impossible to build up any further without gaining to much weight or getting fat, and I am mote of thin guy and hard gainer

I am just frustrated when I look at myself in the mirror, and not seeing a bodybuilder type body. I have been doing the 5/3/1/ workout for 5 months now, and every month I add more weight to the bar, and my lifts are going up, but my body does not seem to show it at all.

I feel for me, a guy with that thinner runner body type most my life. I am 36yrs old now, and for most my adult life I always weighed approx 165lbs, and I am 5'11" tall. Since adding Whey protein and creatine to my diet I have gone up 20+lbs, and currently weight 190lb, since I started getting serious about working out again like a year and a half ago in 2008, but for gaining almost 25lbs, I still do not have that defined pumped look I was looking for, with big shoulders and bulging arms.

Out of all the programs I have tried, it seems for me that really high reps going down to low reps and adding weight to each set progressively, and finishing off with a dropped set, seemed to do the trick, better than lifting balls to walls heavy and low reps. It is like the low reps and heavy lifts don't activate my muscles or something ?

That's why I thought the 5/3/1/ routine would be the end all of all programs, it combines heavy and low rep compound exercises mixed with high volume and higher rep assistance exercises, but looking in the mirror I don;t see a major transformation yet.

It is frustrating to say the least, because I am putting in all this time 3 days per week, and lifting hard, and really working on it, and then to not have much results at the end of the day, just sucks.

sounds great can't wait to have a look at the program
    Height 6ft 1"
    Current Weight 200lbs

Goal
    200lbs @ 10%bf

With a little from:
    WBB #1
    www.atlargenutrition.com
    EC Stack
    Advice from WBB members

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    DavyRen - All around nice guy. Respectful to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I am just frustrated when I look at myself in the mirror, and not seeing a bodybuilder type body. I have been doing the 5/3/1/ workout for 5 months now, and every month I add more weight to the bar, and my lifts are going up, but my body does not seem to show it at all.

I feel for me, a guy with that thinner runner body type most my life. I am 36yrs old now, and for most my adult life I always weighed approx 165lbs, and I am 5'11" tall. Since adding Whey protein and creatine to my diet I have gone up 20+lbs, and currently weight 190lb, since I started getting serious about working out again like a year and a half ago in 2008, but for gaining almost 25lbs, I still do not have that defined pumped look I was looking for, with big shoulders and bulging arms.

Out of all the programs I have tried, it seems for me that really high reps going down to low reps and adding weight to each set progressively, and finishing off with a dropped set, seemed to do the trick, better than lifting balls to walls heavy and low reps. It is like the low reps and heavy lifts don't activate my muscles or something ?

That's why I thought the 5/3/1/ routine would be the end all of all programs, it combines heavy and low rep compound exercises mixed with high volume and higher rep assistance exercises, but looking in the mirror I don;t see a major transformation yet.

It is frustrating to say the least, because I am putting in all this time 3 days per week, and lifting hard, and really working on it, and then to not have much results at the end of the day, just sucks.
    You need to realize that almost all top level, professional body builders are most likely on a smorgasbord of anabolic steroids and potentially harmful supplements. If they aren't they have a genetic blessing that is very rare.

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with taking steroids or those supplements, but to expect your body to transform in to something that requires a scientific and chemical edge is unreasonable.
    My 10 week cut results

"Sweat in training so you don't bleed in battle."

Banned
    It really sounds great Dan + Chris.

The thing which I've liked about WBB over the years is that it puts quality first and bs last. The articles you put out have always been of a very high standard but usually with basic, effective information. It is rare to see an article on obscure science and irrelevant training techniques. The forums are full of constructive advice - and I think the mostly powerlfiting angle has helped that. And AtLarge has seperated itself from the supplement field by offering a handful of great versions of the basics: protein, creatine, vitamins and a couple of unique products. It doesn't sell 100 random powders that may or may not help.

So when I saw HCT-12 I was actually a bit worried. What new thing could there be? Was WBB going to invent new training methods, where they going to rebrand something old into something flashy and complicated? Now I'm relieved that it sounds like you are sticking to effective techniques and no gimmicks. If all that comes out of this is a new routine then I'll be happy. And if its got a few twists here and there then I'm sure they'll work.

So... what things have the testers noticed so far? Can we have few more updates from people before this thing goes live?

Quote Originally Posted by vcjha View Post
    On a better note, I am extremely glad to know that some people still believe in three day splits. I've only gone back to six-days a week primarily because I don't know how to properly impelement a three-day-split.
    Many of us (me included) in the pilot program are using a three day split and experiencing great gains. I chose it mainly because I want to be able to maintain my training regimen regardless of how busy I am. Now I enjoy going to the gym so much, I may switch to a 4-5x/week split sometime later this year, just to see what itís like.

TB

Here is a simple question for everyone, is this a body part split, and upper/lower, or full body routine?
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Wannabebig Member
    Thank you so much and yes, it does answer MOST of my questions except a new one: tomsids said he managed to gain 30 lb on the pilot so far. Now, in no way am I saying this is marketing, but depending on how long it took him to gain those pounds, I'd say it's pretty close to I BODYBUILDER claims (;

Wannabebig Member
    Also, man I would love to help you, but I have currently have no job and cannot buy supplements at the moment, and quite possibly will not be able to buy any supplements unless I am able to nail a job. Also, I really have no idea how you're doing it and how much work is being put into the forum, but I really hope wannabebig has huge success and in the future, will not have to struggle financially.
    Last edited by vcjha; 04-02-2010 at 01:09 PM.

don't you think claims of 30lbs in 5 weeks will be outlandish as well? No disrespect, but to pack on 30 quality lbs in 5 weeks absurd. Even 10 pounds of lbm in 5 weeks is pretty off the wall..
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Wannabebig Member
    Correct, it may be outlandish, but if wannabebig sticks to quality, which I know they will, WHAT EXACTLY WOULD YOU SAY WHEN THOSE 30 LB ARE REALIZED? I bet you your first is to cheer so hard and I bet you quoting science is the furthest from your thinking. You probably would be cursing science haha. Now please realize I'm not saying science is bs. I'm just saying if it happens, things will change forever.

I can see adding 30lbs to a beginner body builder, or someone who has taken a long period off from lifting weights, and hasn't taken supplements or whey ever before, or in a long time.

If your new to lifting, and a skinny guy, and then add in Whey Protein if you never took it before. Start lifting heavy, and downing the Whey, and you pack on on lbs pretty quick.

Now this is a whole nother story if an experienced body builder who has been lifting on a solid program and eats good, and already takes supplements. If that person can gain an additional 30lbs, that would be insane in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I can see adding 30lbs to a beginner body builder, or someone who has taken a long period off from lifting weights, and hasn't taken supplements or whey ever before, or in a long time.

If your new to lifting, and a skinny guy, and then add in Whey Protein if you never took it before. Start lifting heavy, and downing the Whey, and you pack on on lbs pretty quick.
    This would be my situation. In my original post I mentioned my starting weight of 160 lbs and height of 6í6Ēóvery skinny and underweight for my height. I had some training experience but would still consider myself a novice weightlifter. Being on one end of the spectrum, there are also guys in the pilot who have lifted for years, so hopefully one of them will weigh in to give you a different perspective.

Daniel Roberts clearly did a ton of research when creating this program. Having read through the reasoning behind it, I can attest that itís free from marketing hype and based on unbiased studies.

Iíve always attributed my difficulty in gaining weight to being a ďhard gainer,Ē but this program has helped me see that Iíve really just been undereating for my height. As unbelievable as it may sound, I gained 7.5 pounds last week.

If youíre looking for more numbers, so far IíveÖ

Increased my:
    Angled leg press by 75 lbs
    Pull down weight by over 20 lbs
    Barbell row by 20 lbs
    Deadlift by 55 lbs
    Standing dumbbell press by 10 lbs
    Bench press by over 20 lbs
    Seated calf raise by 25 lbs
    Triceps extension by 40 lbs
    Barbell curl by 20 lbs

Maxed out the abdominal crunch machine

As was mentioned previously, HCT-12 doesnít require you to buy any supplements. However, anyone whoís lifted weights knows that they do accelerate your gains. My suggestion is to read Danielís report when the program is released and at least try it out for a couple months.

TB

House Lannister
    Tom, about how much of that weight would you say is fat? Obviously, you were (are?) seriously underweight for your height, so fat gain may not matter all that much to you, but if you had to estimate? Also, what does your daily calorie intake and macros look like? Thanks.

So people in the program right now, can you answer this please ? Is this program;

- Low rep heavy weight routine ?

- High rep routine ?

- Combination of both ?

All, Iím thoroughly enjoying this program. Itís well thought out takes advantage of some relatively simple (on paper) proven concepts. Iím getting stronger and bigger. I have set some PRs for myself (which can be cross substantiated in my old journal if your THAT paranoid).

Itís a solid program that I think people will enjoy and I know Iíll be sticking it out past the 12 weeks!
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

Quote Originally Posted by JSully View Post
    don't you think claims of 30lbs in 5 weeks will be outlandish as well? No disrespect, but to pack on 30 quality lbs in 5 weeks absurd. Even 10 pounds of lbm in 5 weeks is pretty off the wall..
    Guys, I understand your skepticism with Tom, but be encouraged to know his logging is through and he started as a beanpole, Tom no offence intended youíre doing great. You can watch, or read, his physique change after the pilot is over and youíll know itís true. No outrageous claims, just a well planned training, a well executed diet (with ALLOT of calories) and closely following the plan. That simple.

If youíre thick already, you probably wont get his results, but if you call yourself a Ďhard gainerí read Tomís journal after the pilot and get ready to put that to bed.
    Old Journal

-PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Tom, about how much of that weight would you say is fat? Obviously, you were (are?) seriously underweight for your height, so fat gain may not matter all that much to you, but if you had to estimate? Also, what does your daily calorie intake and macros look like? Thanks.
    I'm not exactly sure how to judge how much of my gains is in fat, but I'm definitely gaining more muscle than fat.

May average daily macros for last week were:

Calories: 5,126
    Fat: 260g
    Carbs: 451g
    Protein: 261g

TB

Why would ANYONE on this site doubt us? EVER????

We have NEVER misrepresented **** to ANYONE HERE.

The fellow who has gained 30 lbs is not typical. The average is significantly less. Cool???

This program is SOLID and VERY effective. We are making any stupid claims. We aren't jamming hundreds of dollars of supplements down your throats. Just like WBB has always done, and AtLarge has always done, we are OFFERING a great product which works as claimed and in this case it is FREE. WTF else do people want???

I wish the doubters knew what we have spent on this program.

Look, the doubters will doubt and haters will hate, the REST of us will get real big, real strong, real lean, or some combination thereof. The choice is yours...

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Why would ANYONE on this site doubt us? EVER????

We have NEVER misrepresented **** to ANYONE HERE.

The fellow who has gained 30 lbs is not typical. The average is significantly less. Cool???

This program is SOLID and VERY effective. We are making any stupid claims. We aren't jamming hundreds of dollars of supplements down your throats. Just like WBB has always done, and AtLarge has always done, we are OFFERING a great product which works as claimed and in this case it is FREE. WTF else do people want???

I wish the doubters knew what we have spent on this program.

Look, the doubters will doubt and haters will hate, the REST of us will get real big, real strong, real lean, or some combination thereof. The choice is yours...
    LOL
    Chris youíve always been such a soft spoken softie!

Seriously though; Iím always impressed with the integrity of the WBB folks and Iíve been around them for a while now. In the pilot program forums it was specifically stated that you DO NOT need any supplements, you just need to hit your macros and train following the plan. Thatís it. Many have elected to purchase supplements, mainly Atlarge ones too. Why? Because they support the site and itís owners. They are rock solid, theyíre understood by the proís and amateurs who generously give their advice as to how to train and how to use these specific supplements based on their own personal experience.

Also, the supplements are not hyped up junk packed with andro and other wack job prohormones bound to put me in a c-cup. They donít show an off season pro as a before and the same pro cut and on season and give the credit to the supplement.

Their formulation is well throught out, the compounds and blends are time tested, and theyíre not chasing market hype to make quick sales.

The program HST 12 is the product of much effort and tireless nights Iím sure. Itís bearing great fruit and people are excited about it. No one is twisting anyoneís arm here. You donít have to do anything; you donít have to try the program or take any supplements. You can just not post here. This thread was for people who are excited to see the results of the pilot and to see the details of this hard fought and hard thought program. All others can go do something else.

Wait to see the substantiating pictures, meticulous logs, and measurements/other validating facts before you pass judgment. Thatís all. If you review logs, look at pictures, and think through the program and dont like it, dont do it.
    Old Journal

-PwrMajt:

Wannabebig Member
    To everybody, including Chris, we're not exactly doubting. But I do have advice for a positive outlook. If it works like it should, JUST WAIT TILL YOU SEE THE WORDS OF THOSE WHO GAINED THOSE 30 LBS! This isn't like tmuscle which, as far as I've seen, no one has come close to the claims they've promised. Also, if it works, and a lot of people get results, PEOPLE WILL FLOCK, and if it works even better with the supplements, that would be more financial support for WBB. I'm new here, but I absolutely love the atmosphere here. Nobody wants to screw anybody over here. So, if you help others, they'll help you. If you are supportive of WBB, they'll continue to help you.

To everybody, including Chris, we're not exactly doubting. But I do have advice for a positive outlook. If it works like it should, JUST WAIT TILL YOU SEE THE WORDS OF THOSE WHO GAINED THOSE 30 LBS! This isn't like tmuscle which, as far as I've seen, no one has come close to the claims they've promised. Also, if it works, and a lot of people get results, PEOPLE WILL FLOCK, and if it works even better with the supplements, that would be more financial support for WBB. I'm new here, but I absolutely love the atmosphere here. Nobody wants to screw anybody over here. So, if you help others, they'll help you. If you are supportive of WBB, they'll continue to help you.
    I have a favorite Zig quote "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want".
    Old Journal

-PwrMajt:

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsids View Post
    I'm not exactly sure how to judge how much of my gains is in fat, but I'm definitely gaining more muscle than fat.

May average daily macros for last week were:

Calories: 5,126
    Fat: 260g
    Carbs: 451g
    Protein: 261g

TB
    Calorie-mania! Thanks for the response. What is your weight at now? Goal weight you wanna hit?

I don't disagree with your points above, but we have never asked for anything other than that. We have a lot of people testing the program as we speak. We had a contest to choose them from this site. Real members. So, the results will be the results of fellow WBB members. After that, the general public gets a shot and most of them will experience similar results if they follow the program. The rest, will be history .
    Last edited by chris mason; 04-02-2010 at 08:46 PM.