Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 185

Thread: Hypertrophy Cluster Training (HCT-12) - Coming Soon!

  1. #51
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by SquareHead View Post
    I have a favorite Zig quote "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want".
    So true yet so hard to follow.

  2. #52
    Soon to be lean... Joe Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, England
    Posts
    10,936
    Quote Originally Posted by JSully View Post
    don't you think claims of 30lbs in 5 weeks will be outlandish as well? No disrespect, but to pack on 30 quality lbs in 5 weeks absurd. Even 10 pounds of lbm in 5 weeks is pretty off the wall..
    Let's be clear, we have not made ANY claims other than that you will get significantly bigger and stronger. I wanted to stay away from making any number claims as I am aware that there are far too many factors involved.

    Tom is a very unique case and as Chris said definately not the average. He was 160 lbs and height of 6’6 which is VERY underweight for someone of his height.

    Let's not take anything away from Tom though. He is an example of what can be achieved when you get on the right training program, the right eating plan and apply yourself consistently. Tom has gone from someone who was significantly under eating to someone who counts calories and consistently eats above 5,000 calories EVERY day. He shows up for the sessions consistently and as a result he is getting signficantly stronger and putting on weight very quickly indeed.

    We have other guys who have put on 6-8lbs and look fuller and leaner and also people who have lost 4-6lbs (obviously their goal was to lose weight) over the 5 weeks so far. So we appreciate everyone is different and not everyone will see the big numbers Tom is seeing. And lets remember, 5 weeks is a VERY short period of time to start talking about results really - great physiques are built over years and these guys are just starting their journey. (although some of them have a great starting point actually!)

    Bear in mind that originally I actually wanted everyone to spend a full 12-14 weeks on the program and then we were going to show pics, stats etc as we launched the program. But because everyone is getting on so well, we changed our mind and wanted to bring it out more quickly.

    Look, what I can personally gaurantee is that this program works and it works very well. If you commit yourself to the training and eating plan, I genuinely believe you will be amazed at the results that follow.

    You know we missed our April Fools opportunity actually. We should have released one of those graphs you see in the magazine and quoted 1000% muscle gain and a minumum of 100lbs in 8 weeks
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

    Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

  3. #53
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    I don't disagree with your points above, but we have never asked for anything other than that. We have a lot of people testing the program as we speak. We had a contest to choose them from this site. Real members. So, the results will be the results of fellow WBB members. After that, the general public gets a shot and most of them will experience similar results if they follow the program. The rest, will be history .
    Then there's nothing else to do except to wait to shock the bodybuilding world!

  4. #54
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    Let's be clear, we have not made ANY claims other than that you will get significantly bigger and stronger. I wanted to stay away from making any number claims as I am aware that there are far too many factors involved.

    Tom is a very unique case and as Chris said definately not the average. He was 160 lbs and height of 6’6 which is VERY underweight for someone of his height.

    Let's not take anything away from Tom though. He is an example of what can be achieved when you get on the right training program, the right eating plan and apply yourself consistently. Tom has gone from someone who was significantly under eating to someone who counts calories and consistently eats above 5,000 calories EVERY day. He shows up for the sessions consistently and as a result he is getting signficantly stronger and putting on weight very quickly indeed.

    We have other guys who have put on 6-8lbs and look fuller and leaner and also people who have lost 4-6lbs (obviously their goal was to lose weight) over the 5 weeks so far. So we appreciate everyone is different and not everyone will see the big numbers Tom is seeing. And lets remember, 5 weeks is a VERY short period of time to start talking about results really - great physiques are built over years and these guys are just starting their journey. (although some of them have a great starting point actually!)

    Bear in mind that originally I actually wanted everyone to spend a full 12-14 weeks on the program and then we were going to show pics, stats etc as we launched the program. But because everyone is getting on so well, we changed our mind and wanted to bring it out more quickly.

    Look, what I can personally gaurantee is that this program works and it works very well. If you commit yourself to the training and eating plan, I genuinely believe you will be amazed at the results that follow.

    You know we missed our April Fools opportunity actually. We should have released one of those graphs you see in the magazine and quoted 1000% muscle gain and a minumum of 100lbs in 8 weeks
    Such an honest reply. Haha that's a given for a april fool's joke because it is a joke.

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    So people in the program right now, can you answer this please ? Is this program;

    - Low rep heavy weight routine ?

    - High rep routine ?

    - Combination of both ?
    Sorry, we cant discuss program details right now. What I can say is that when I read the documentation I said to myself, theres alot of solid common sense here and it the philosophy of it was sound. Ive been in and out of lifting for the last 15 years and have read/seen almost every fad and diet revolution that has been marketed. This is neither. This program has solid science behind it.

    One thing I would like to point out, I hope everyone doesnt get all hyped up thinking this is some "miracle" work out. It isnt. You cant throw a few lbs around willy nilly and think you going to look like Arnold in 12 weeks. Dont get me wrong, this is a sweet program, you just have to put in the intensity in the gym to get results (like any serious program).

  6. #56
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,884
    If you read any of Daniel Roberts' stuff here on WBB, you will realize that he is not into "super-secret" anything. He gives advice that is full of common sense, easy to understand, and easy to apply if you have the dedication. I'm sure this program will be along the same lines. Too many of you are used to bodybuilding magazines and websites trying to fool you into buying products but you should all know by now that At Large Nutrition doesn't operate that way. I'll be waiting patiently for another month and I'm very excited to see what the program looks like.
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  7. #57
    Senior Member Zorachus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicago_burbs
    Posts
    1,323
    I am very interested even more in this program now. It does sort of sound like that "Omega Project" where intensity was a huge part of the routine where they wanted you to flex your muscles and squeeze them throughouteach rep and to lift up and down slowly on each rep Luke 2 seconds pushing up and 3-4seconds on the down. But the flexing was very unique doing a rep and they said it gets more blood pumping etc...

    Do you have opinion on that method of lifting ?

  8. #58
    Strongman Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    127
    I saw a couple of questions about the name in here, the number "12" has significance in the program (similar to how 5/3/1 has to do with reps/sets). WBB was not hiding 11 previous editions of the HCT program.

    This is a simple and effective template for those who are looking for size/strength. No training program is going to turn Average Joe into Mr. Olympia in a few weeks; but this will ensure that the time/energy that is spent in the gym will yield maximum results for that particular individual.

    There is no 'magic program' - WBB simply wanted to provide something for individuals who just want to work hard and make gains without having to follow complicated training protocols. There are many options avaialble for those who are focused on strength gains, although there are less programs available for those with hypertrophy goals (especially natural or novice trainees). The gains that are realized on any program are dependant on that individual's training background and level of effort.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

    Weight: 225 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

    Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

  9. #59
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,706
    You know why this program is different? It is different because it will actually work and doesn't have a bunch of goofy half rep, super flex bull**** which is simply there to try to differentiate and trick someone into thinking it is some secret 'Russian" technique...

    I remember a program that promised drug like gains in size and strength. It was a book. I bought it, read it, and then practiced it to a 'T' for over a month (the prescribed period). Guess what happened? I LOST size and strength!!! It turns out the revolutionary training techniques were bull****.

    HCT-12 is NOT bull****, it is a template for exactly how one can get real big and strong. It is the REAL deal. It is better than ANY other program out there for that reason.

    Like I said, the haters and doubters can continue to be squids and we will just keep getting bigger and stronger... perhaps you would like to join us???
    Last edited by chris mason; 04-03-2010 at 11:23 AM.


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  10. #60
    Senior Member Zorachus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicago_burbs
    Posts
    1,323
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    You know why this program is different? It is different because it will actually work and doesn't have a bunch of goofy half rep, super flex bull**** which is simply there to try to differentiate and trick someone into thinking it is some secret 'Russian" technique...

    I remember a program that promised drug like gains in size and strength. It was a book. I bought it, read it, and then practiced it to a 'T' for over a month (the prescribed period). Guess what happened? I LOST size and strength!!! It turns out the revolutionary training techniques were bull****.

    HCT-12 is NOT bull****, it is a template for exactly how one can get real big and strong. It is the REAL deal. It is better than ANY other program out there for that reason.

    Like I said, the haters and doubters can continue to be squids and we will just keep getting bigger and stronger... perhaps you would like to join us???
    You sold me, lets get started I am totally up for a fresh, no BS routine. But I have to admit the 5/3/1 Program I am on now is pretty good, I like it so far 5 months into it. Have added 25lbs to all my max lifts since I started.

    That Omega Program I tried 2 yrs ago on another forums, required us to pay a membership, and promised HUGE results, well 3 months into and following their specific directions for each member, I did gain like 10lbs, but it was pretty much BS, required like 5 days a week to workout, and it got me sick alot, because my immune system was so worn out form these 90min intense workouts almost every day, it didn't change my body that much after 3 months. And he had this idea that we had to learn to flex our muscles during each rep constantly, so always remaining in a flexed position, it was hard as hell to get that right, and didn't seem to do ***** for me, except confuse me, and make lifting more difficult.

    But I am more than ready to get going on the HTC-12, bring it on please.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 04-03-2010 at 11:38 AM.

  11. #61
    Senior Member Shemz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    171
    Claiming it is better than any other program might be a bit overexaggerating..
    "When you promise yourself something, make a commitment, you can't give up. Because, when you're in the gym, you have to fulfill the promise you made to yourself. The people who can self motivate - in any field - are usually the ones who win. Regardless of talent." T. Platz

  12. #62
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemz View Post
    Claiming it is better than any other program might be a bit overexaggerating..

    What I said is that it is better because there are no exaggerated claims about the program (in other words, every other program I could think of when I typed that has some type of b.s. claim) . In addition, I want people to be as excited as I am.

    I am VERY sorry if all you get out of all I have written in this thread is that. I think the program is not for you. Based upon THAT response you are someone that most liklely will never achieve anything extraordinary. Please don't use the program.

    Next...


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  13. #63
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    You sold me, lets get started I am totally up for a fresh, no BS routine. But I have to admit the 5/3/1 Program I am on now is pretty good, I like it so far 5 months into it. Have added 25lbs to all my max lifts since I started.

    That Omega Program I tried 2 yrs ago on another forums, required us to pay a membership, and promised HUGE results, well 3 months into and following their specific directions for each member, I did gain like 10lbs, but it was pretty much BS, required like 5 days a week to workout, and it got me sick alot, because my immune system was so worn out form these 90min intense workouts almost every day, it didn't change my body that much after 3 months. And he had this idea that we had to learn to flex our muscles during each rep constantly, so always remaining in a flexed position, it was hard as hell to get that right, and didn't seem to do ***** for me, except confuse me, and make lifting more difficult.

    But I am more than ready to get going on the HTC-12, bring it on please.
    I have heard many good things about 5/3/1. It seems to be a solid program. Many things work, nothing works forever. I think you will find HCT-12 to be a great change.


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  14. #64
    Get Some! KoSh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    585
    Posts
    1,928
    I think it's tough to be too critical of people's skepticism when we know NOTHING about the program.

    WBB consistently puts out articles and routines that succeed, that much is certain. But you had to know some people would be skeptical prior to making this release date announcement.

    I still think it sounds like its going to be great, and it'll probably give me something great to change up my training a bit.
    "Don’t fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn’t matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. I’ve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

  15. #65
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    60
    Hmm, forget the hater. Screw him. Let's try the program when it comes out, post pics, and shock his mind.

  16. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    361
    Woo! This program sounds like exactly what I've been looking for! Can't wait!

  17. #67
    Senior Member Shemz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    What I said is that it is better because there are no exaggerated claims about the program (in other words, every other program I could think of when I typed that has some type of b.s. claim) . In addition, I want people to be as excited as I am.

    I am VERY sorry if all you get out of all I have written in this thread is that. I think the program is not for you. Based upon THAT response you are someone that most liklely will never achieve anything extraordinary. Please don't use the program.

    Next...
    Well, first of all, you haven't thought enough then, because there are good maybe even excellent programs out there that don't have "bull****" claims. PRRS, just to name one..There is no need for an "agressive" response like that certainly not from a 'moderator'. It's all happy happy joy joy that you guys are excited about the program, but so am i..i'm curious like everyone else to see how it's built up etc..But that doesn't mean i am convinced of it just because you claim it's all fancy in your big bold font..

    Another reason why i won't believe your claims so fast is that you draw a conclusion rather fast..I wish i had your ability though. "Hey, can you say like one sentence or something and then i'll be able to tell you what your future will look like!". Please, do not underestimate my intelligence nor the fact that you have absolutely no idea who i am and what i am capable of. I'm almost 22, but i'm pretty sure i know almost as much about training as you do, theoretically speaking then ofcourse, since you've been training longer. I work hard, ALOT harder than you might have thought, if you were judging by my response, i've made gains in certain amounts of time you can't even imagine and yeah i might have "above average" genes, another example of a thing you did not know about me.

    If you can't accept critique or at least handle it in a proper manner, don't respond please. You shouldn't even be a moderator if you go and "insult" people, based on 1 reply.
    "When you promise yourself something, make a commitment, you can't give up. Because, when you're in the gym, you have to fulfill the promise you made to yourself. The people who can self motivate - in any field - are usually the ones who win. Regardless of talent." T. Platz

  18. #68
    Father of Three Bosch232's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    677
    Looking forward to it, for sure.
    "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." ~ C.S. Lewis

  19. #69
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemz View Post
    Well, first of all, you haven't thought enough then, because there are good maybe even excellent programs out there that don't have "bull****" claims. PRRS, just to name one..There is no need for an "agressive" response like that certainly not from a 'moderator'. It's all happy happy joy joy that you guys are excited about the program, but so am i..i'm curious like everyone else to see how it's built up etc..But that doesn't mean i am convinced of it just because you claim it's all fancy in your big bold font..

    Another reason why i won't believe your claims so fast is that you draw a conclusion rather fast..I wish i had your ability though. "Hey, can you say like one sentence or something and then i'll be able to tell you what your future will look like!". Please, do not underestimate my intelligence nor the fact that you have absolutely no idea who i am and what i am capable of. I'm almost 22, but i'm pretty sure i know almost as much about training as you do, theoretically speaking then ofcourse, since you've been training longer. I work hard, ALOT harder than you might have thought, if you were judging by my response, i've made gains in certain amounts of time you can't even imagine and yeah i might have "above average" genes, another example of a thing you did not know about me.

    If you can't accept critique or at least handle it in a proper manner, don't respond please. You shouldn't even be a moderator if you go and "insult" people, based on 1 reply.

    Hmmm, well, I'm a bit more than a moderator.

    I have been training as long as you have been alive. I know a LOT more people in the game than you do and have access to some of the best minds in the business. You may know a fair amount, but you don't know as much as me.

    As to PRSS... I am not fond of the author as I find him to be disingenuous to say the least (hint: he used to post here as GoPro a LONG time ago)...

    Perhaps I misinterpreted your post. We shall see...

    As to your future, I hope it is bright and filled with happiness.
    Last edited by chris mason; 04-04-2010 at 08:53 AM.


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  20. #70
    Senior Member Shemz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Hmmm, well, I'm a bit more than a moderator.

    I have been training as long as you have been alive. I know a LOT more people in the game than you do and have access to some of the best minds in the business. You may know a fair amount, but you don't know as much as me.

    As to PRSS... I am not fond of the author as I find him to be disingenuous to say the least (hint: he used to post here as GoPro a LONG time ago)...

    Perhaps I misinterpreted your post. We shall see...

    As to your future, I hope it is bright and filled with happiness.

    You did misunderstood my post. I'm always looking to improve, so i am more than happy to see you guys putting hard work into this program. It's not like i said that the program looks sucky..and should be happy i estimated you younger than you are I don't know much about the author, well, i know the things i read, about him, about the program..and to be honest so far i don't have any complaints about PRRS, on the contrary..but like i said, if this program turns out to be better i will be the first one to promote it..
    "When you promise yourself something, make a commitment, you can't give up. Because, when you're in the gym, you have to fulfill the promise you made to yourself. The people who can self motivate - in any field - are usually the ones who win. Regardless of talent." T. Platz

  21. #71
    Senior Member Shemz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    171
    I'm still curious though. How exactly this program is going to avoid plateaus and keep the muscle growth stimulus constant? Daniel, you said that it has deloads and you can alternate the exercises that you use, but still, won't you eventually come to a point where you somewhat 'adapt' to the program?
    "When you promise yourself something, make a commitment, you can't give up. Because, when you're in the gym, you have to fulfill the promise you made to yourself. The people who can self motivate - in any field - are usually the ones who win. Regardless of talent." T. Platz

  22. #72
    Westside Bencher Travis Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Westside Barbell, OH
    Posts
    8,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemz View Post
    I'm still curious though. How exactly this program is going to avoid plateaus and keep the muscle growth stimulus constant? Daniel, you said that it has deloads and you can alternate the exercises that you use, but still, won't you eventually come to a point where you somewhat 'adapt' to the program?
    Just be patient and the details will all come out.

    It is easily possible to avoid what you are concerned about though.


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

  23. #73
    Soon to be lean... Joe Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, England
    Posts
    10,936
    We'll work hard to bring it out ASAP guys, hold tight
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

    Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

  24. #74
    Cutting some beef DavyRen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Gateshead, UK
    Posts
    0
    Are you doing it Dan?
    Height 6ft 1"
    Current Weight 200lbs

    Goal
    200lbs @ 10%bf

    With a little from:
    WBB #1
    www.atlargenutrition.com
    EC Stack
    Advice from WBB members


    Quote Originally Posted by Built
    DavyRen - All around nice guy. Respectful to the end.

  25. #75
    Soon to be lean... Joe Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, England
    Posts
    10,936
    Actually I am not.

    I've experimented with the concepts a little (and loved them!), but I'm really gunning for 10% bodyfat right now, so my training is being completely geared around reaching that goal as quickly as I can.

    As soon as I reach that goal and start moving into a calorie surplus, I will shift onto this for sure.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

    Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Similar Threads

  1. Training for muscle hypertrophy
    By C4N in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 05:33 PM
  2. hypertrophy specific training?
    By thatnicecat in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 02:00 PM
  3. Hypertrophy Training
    By FortifiedIron in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 04:06 PM
  4. My understanding of hypertrophy training
    By Mikael in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-14-2005, 06:57 PM
  5. Training for hypertrophy
    By SquareHead in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-09-2003, 09:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •