Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hypertrophy Cluster Training (HCT-12) - Coming Soon!

Any estimate on when the regiment will be released?? I'm pretty excited about this as well.
    Goal:190lbs @ 10% bf by 2011
    Current Stats
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 184
    TEXAS GOON HOCKEY!

They say:

"When will it be released?

Right now, we’re aiming for Monday May 3rd. 2010."
    5'9". 34.-----------------------------BEST LIFTS-----------------------GOALS
    Bodyweight-------------------------BE 280 x 1------------------------BE 300 x 1
    Jan 2009: 151 lbs----------------SQ 365 x 2-----------------------SQ 400 x 1
    Jan 2010: 221 lbs----------------DL 405 x 1------------------------DL 500 x 1
    Current: 214 lbs
    bulking again -- working on my DL

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    They say:

"When will it be released?

Right now, we’re aiming for Monday May 3rd. 2010."
    Can't wait to see the feedback.......hopefuly maybe try it when I have got some SS time under my belt...or would it be suitable to jump on it asap.........And its free!!!!!!! ....come on guys now that alone tells me its worth a try. I like this site it has a good feel about it. everyone seems up for helping...

From a newbs point of view to have the like of Chris,Daniel and team pass on the knowledge they have is awsome.....wish I could get the Atlarge products in UK

thanks in advance guys
    Last edited by wanagetstrong; 04-05-2010 at 03:34 PM.

sweet, hopefully they can get it to us a little sooner
    Last edited by TXslapshot; 04-05-2010 at 05:50 PM.
    Goal:190lbs @ 10% bf by 2011
    Current Stats
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 184
    TEXAS GOON HOCKEY!

Quote Originally Posted by TXslapshot View Post
    sweet, hopefully they can get it to us a little sooner
    I doubt that. They are already releasing it sooner than they were going to.

A little late to the party.

To kick things off anyone thinking that this or any other program will be the answer to their prayers is missing what anyone that has achieved anything already knows - the answer to your prayers is always hard work, diligence and consistency.

One of the trainees, Tomsids has put on 30lbs+ already and will continue putting on weight and the photos will show his fat gain is minimal - but that's more to do with his particular physiology and more importantly his starting point - underweight. His results will not be typical - if we tried to tell you otherwise you'd cry foul and understandably so.

The program is fairly straightforward, there's an FAQ but rest assured it is not complicated. We started this off about 10 months ago and the project grew to what I think will be a pleasant surprise for everyone - it isn't just a program, it is also a blueprint for understanding other programs and their potential efficacy amongst other things; we talk about muscle growth at a cellular and genetic level, what external agents cause it, but more importantly we make it accessible and applicable to anyone's training.

I can't think of any of the specifics asked above so feel free to ask away but know that there's only so much I'll say before its release.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Roberts View Post
    A little late to the party.

To kick things off anyone thinking that this or any other program will be the answer to their prayers is missing what anyone that has achieved anything already knows - the answer to your prayers is always hard work, diligence and consistency.

One of the trainees, Tomsids has put on 30lbs+ already and will continue putting on weight and the photos will show his fat gain is minimal - but that's more to do with his particular physiology and more importantly his starting point - underweight. His results will not be typical - if we tried to tell you otherwise you'd cry foul and understandably so.

The program is fairly straightforward, there's an FAQ but rest assured it is not complicated. We started this off about 10 months ago and the project grew to what I think will be a pleasant surprise for everyone - it isn't just a program, it is also a blueprint for understanding other programs and their potential efficacy amongst other things; we talk about muscle growth at a cellular and genetic level, what external agents cause it, but more importantly we make it accessible and applicable to anyone's training.

I can't think of any of the specifics asked above so feel free to ask away but know that there's only so much I'll say before its release.
    Good points, thank you.

I have been on the 5/3/1 program for a few months now, and all my major lifts have gone up each month, and I have packed on a few more lbs of muscle since I started,. But with most good programs, like the 5/3/1/ routine, it is like you said, all about consistency, you have to stick with the program month by month, and keep adding weight to barbell every month or so, over time you should grow bigger too, along with the proper nutrition and supplements of course.

If I could only bench press 175lbs 4 months ago, but now can do bench 200lbs for the same amount reps, with proper eating and stuff, I should get bigger and more defined right ?

How many days do you workout a week in this program? Will we be able to change the number of times we work out a week to what we like?

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Water View Post
    How many days do you workout a week in this program? Will we be able to change the number of times we work out a week to what we like?
    You have the option to work out 3, 4 or 5 x per week.

TB

Wannabebig Member
    Would this program be good for losing weight? I am still on a bulk right now am at about 19% body fat and was thinking of starting to cut at the start of may just to look a little bit better for summer.
    Last edited by Cleric; 04-06-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    If there's one thing that I've found out out is key, it's that I need a program that's going to be consistent. Such as, say someone decides to go low-carb for two months. Then, when he decides to go back to high-carb, suddenly all the fat comes back AND THEN SOME. HCT has consistent results right?

Quote Originally Posted by vcjha View Post
    If there's one thing that I've found out out is key, it's that I need a program that's going to be consistent. Such as, say someone decides to go low-carb for two months. Then, when he decides to go back to high-carb, suddenly all the fat comes back AND THEN SOME. HCT has consistent results right?
    Wouldn't you say that has to do more with diet and not the current training program?
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by View 1 View Post
    Wouldn't you say that has to do more with diet and not the current training program?
    A hardgainer to me is someone who doesn't seem to keep onto results well. That means they have to stick to diet and exercise to keep their gains. One trip to an all you can eat restaurant will kill their gains. Two days with less than optimal sleep will also kill it. But most of all, stress just shuts everything down the drain so quick. That's what I meant by consistent. Even a few mistakes shouldn't stop the gains or in this case take them away. I'm hoping HCT is a program for that sort.

A hardgainer to me is someone who doesn't seem to keep onto results well. One trip to an all you can eat restaurant will kill their gains.
    Huh? Isn't that exactly what a Hardgainer needs?
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

The fact that you put on too much fat when you up the carbs has little do to with the trainnig program and more do to with your diet and cardio.

Put it this way - if this is happening to you now and you think you can find a training program and it will go away, it just isn't going to happen.

Look, I am the same as you in a way. I wasn't dealt the best hand on the genetics front and put on fat real easy. So you just gotta find the best way to get lean and then stay relatively lean whilst gaining weight in a slow fashion. And this is entirely down to an effective diet and cardio strategy and being consistent on it.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    The fact that you put on too much fat when you up the carbs has little do to with the trainnig program and more do to with your diet and cardio.

Put it this way - if this is happening to you now and you think you can find a training program and it will go away, it just isn't going to happen.

Look, I am the same as you in a way. I wasn't dealt the best hand on the genetics front and put on fat real easy. So you just gotta find the best way to get lean and then stay relatively lean whilst gaining weight in a slow fashion. And this is entirely down to an effective diet and cardio strategy and being consistent on it.
    I wish I was endomorphic. Then I'd look big with some fat on, that I'm okay with. But I'm skinny fat, argh.

[QUOTE=Zorachus;2317555]Good points, thank you.

I have been on the 5/3/1 program for a few months now, and all my major lifts have gone up each month, and I have packed on a few more lbs of muscle since I started,. But with most good programs, like the 5/3/1/ routine, it is like you said, all about consistency, you have to stick with the program month by month, and keep adding weight to barbell every month or so, over time you should grow bigger too, along with the proper nutrition and supplements of course.

QUOTE]

Not only month by month but year by year, getting the body you want, if that is looking like a bodybuilder will take years of consistent effort. In this sport whether that be weightlifting, powerlifting, strongman or bodybuilding the timescales are years not weeks and months.

If I could only bench press 175lbs 4 months ago, but now can do bench 200lbs for the same amount reps, with proper eating and stuff, I should get bigger and more defined right ?
    All things being equal. Muscle gain is the result of long term strength gains. However don't confuse 'getting stronger' (which is essential for muscle gain) with strength training i.e. training specifically designed to increase your 1RM.

Focusing on getting bigger muscles requires getting stronger in relatively higher rep ranges to strength training. Key word there is 'focusing', a shift in emphasis, not the exclusion of other qualities, so strength training will get you bigger, but it is not the absolute best way to get you bigger, the emphasis is on absolute strength and training to build muscle will make you stronger but is not the best way to getting you as strong as possible.

The point is at your level, 5/3/1 will take you far if you apply yourself consistently, but at some stage if you want to look like/be a bodybuilder you're going to need to change the emphasis.

All this is explained in full in the upcoming articles, including what rep ranges etc and why.

I'm afraid that it isn't the program that needs to be consistent, it is you. Any well designed program if applied will result in long term adaptations. If one's results are annihilated with one 'all you can eat' buffet then it's fair to say that either the trainee as been training/dieting for all of two weeks or has been kidding themselves that they've been training/dieting effectively or both.

Wannabebig Member
    I'm afraid that it isn't the program that needs to be consistent, it is you. Any well designed program if applied will result in long term adaptations. If one's results are annihilated with one 'all you can eat' buffet then it's fair to say that either the trainee as been training/dieting for all of two weeks or has been kidding themselves that they've been training/dieting effectively or both.
    OK I understand now. But my final question is can we keep our gains? There have been some times that I've switched programs and suddenly my strength goes down, or muscle visibly is smaller.

Wannabebig Member
    OK I understand now. But my final question is can we keep our gains? There have been some times that I've switched programs and suddenly my strength goes down, or muscle visibly is smaller.
    Can we also get at least a plan of preparation in order to be ready for HCT? I"m not gonna lie, it sounds like a program that sounds like it will put deplete you completely, meaning you need to be really prepared and always expect to work extremely intensely. You know how people say there are bad days and there are good days? And you also know the days when it seems like you're "in the zone?" Well, I'm thinking for this program, we need to be in the zone "EVERY TIME" in order for this program to work like it's supposed to.

actually this program is good for that. It allows you to "listen" to your body. It probably doesnt make sence right now but after they release the program it will. And Im sure ti goes without saying, but if anyone has questions after its released I will do my damndest to help everyone i can.

[QUOTE=Daniel Roberts;2317820]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Good points, thank you.

QUOTE]

Not only month by month but year by year, getting the body you want, if that is looking like a bodybuilder will take years of consistent effort. In this sport whether that be weightlifting, powerlifting, strongman or bodybuilding the timescales are years not weeks and months.

All things being equal. Muscle gain is the result of long term strength gains. However don't confuse 'getting stronger' (which is essential for muscle gain) with strength training i.e. training specifically designed to increase your 1RM.

Focusing on getting bigger muscles requires getting stronger in relatively higher rep ranges to strength training. Key word there is 'focusing', a shift in emphasis, not the exclusion of other qualities, so strength training will get you bigger, but it is not the absolute best way to get you bigger, the emphasis is on absolute strength and training to build muscle will make you stronger but is not the best way to getting you as strong as possible.

The point is at your level, 5/3/1 will take you far if you apply yourself consistently, but at some stage if you want to look like/be a bodybuilder you're going to need to change the emphasis.

All this is explained in full in the upcoming articles, including what rep ranges etc and why.

So the 5/3/1 program won't give me that body builder look over time ? Is that because the rep ranges are not good for muscle building, but mainly overall strength ? So even though my 1rep max goes up each month, are you saying that won't pack on new muscle ? But instead I need to concentrate on the higher rep exercises and be constantly adding weight to the barbell on those on a regular basis to add good quality muscles over time ?

What is the magic reps range and amount of sets for packing on quality muscle ?
    Last edited by Zorachus; 04-07-2010 at 06:26 AM.

Can we also get at least a plan of preparation in order to be ready for HCT?
    I'm not part of the program, but...

I'd say to start with your conditioning, practice stretching, and work on your form in the major lifts. A good conditioning base will help you recover from workouts. Try some sled pulling a couple of days a week and build up your tolerance over the next 4 weeks.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

Can we also get at least a plan of preparation in order to be ready for HCT? I"m not gonna lie, it sounds like a program that sounds like it will put deplete you completely, meaning you need to be really prepared and always expect to work extremely intensely. You know how people say there are bad days and there are good days? And you also know the days when it seems like you're "in the zone?" Well, I'm thinking for this program, we need to be in the zone "EVERY TIME" in order for this program to work like it's supposed to.
    The program takes this into consideration, it requires you give to the best of your ability on that day whether it be a good or bad day.
    There is no preparatory phase, if you feel like the program is for you and you are not cutting short your progress on an existing program then jump right in.

As for will you keep your gains? As I said above any gains that can be lost in a week can't have been much to begin with. The body adapts to imposed demands, if you ask it to get bigger by lifting progressively heavier weights, it'll do so, all things being equal. Remove that demand and over a period of time you will lose the muscle.
    To look like a bodybuilder you will need to train for a long time, and once there you'll need to keep training to stay that way - sad but true.

If you train within certain parameters - which are covered in the article - you won't 'lose your gains' on your journey..

Which leads me to the next bit, the 'magic rep range'; there isn't one. There's a fairly wide range, which over the course of a training lifetime you should look to get stronger in each for a time i.e. Scott Abel's 'surfing the strength curve'.
    In the articles I explain why and also narrow that range down.
    Last edited by Daniel Roberts; 04-07-2010 at 07:11 AM.

[QUOTE=Zorachus;2317847]

So the 5/3/1 program won't give me that body builder look over time ? Is that because the rep ranges are not good for muscle building, but mainly overall strength ? So even though my 1rep max goes up each month, are you saying that won't pack on new muscle ? But instead I need to concentrate on the higher rep exercises and be constantly adding weight to the barbell on those on a regular basis to add good quality muscles over time ?

What is the magic reps range and amount of sets for packing on quality muscle ?
    5/3/1 is a very well designed program. If you use the Big But Boring template you're training to improve the big three with the main lift, but the assistance work is designed for hypertrophy, which will create the muscle mass you want while still getting stronger. At least in theory it works that way.

I'm not sure why this quoted your post, Daniel. That's not the one I clicked. Ah well.
    Last edited by KoSh; 04-07-2010 at 11:24 AM.
    "Don’t fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn’t matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. I’ve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method