The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hypertrophy Cluster Training (HCT-12) - Coming Soon!

You may remember a while back we announced that we were working on releasing what we believe is gong to be the best muscle building program out there.

We're calling it Hypertrophy Cluster Training (HCT-12)

We opened up applications for testers of the program and for the last 5 weeks we have 25 guys have been testing the program. So far the results have been very positive and we're so pleased that we're going to release it in it's full glory in a months time - Monday May 3rd. 2010.

Between now and then we will release an article covering the concepts of Hypertrophy Cluster Training (HCT-12) and how the testers are getting on, but in the mean time you can ask any questions here!

I can;t wait for you all to try it come May!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Can't wait to learn more about this program. Moreover, seeing the results on the test group.
    Best lifts

Bench Raw 560 Equipped 725 single ply
    Deadlift 750

We'll have to see what this looks like. I may use it as a slight break from Westside style training while I do a slight cut. Interested to see what this becomes.
    "Dont fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnt matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. Ive got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

I am very interested to see what this program is like. I wonder if it is anything like the "Omega Project" that was very popular couple years ago on another forum ?

As one of the testers I will attest that its a very interesting approach and I will more than likely continue this style for a long time. On a bright note Ive added 30lbs to my bench in the last 4 weeks =].

Well that's a bit of a training tease isn't it.
    My 10 week cut results

"Sweat in training so you don't bleed in battle."

I was fortunate enough to be selected for the HCT-12 pilot program, and the results Ive experienced are nothing short of spectacular. With a starting weight of 160 lbs and height of 6 6, my goal was to pack on as much muscle as possible.

Were almost halfway through the pilot, and Ive already managed to gain about thirty pounds. I was hoping to reach the 200 lb mark by mid-May, and if I continue making gains like I have so far, I should surpass my goal within the next few weeks.

When WBB releases HCT-12 training program, give it a try. You wont be disappointed.

TB

Does it concist of a different week cycle?
    "When you promise yourself something, make a commitment, you can't give up. Because, when you're in the gym, you have to fulfill the promise you made to yourself. The people who can self motivate - in any field - are usually the ones who win. Regardless of talent." T. Platz

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KoSh View Post
    We'll have to see what this looks like. I may use it as a slight break from Westside style training while I do a slight cut. Interested to see what this becomes.
    Same thing here.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Quote Originally Posted by Shemz View Post
    Does it concist of a different week cycle?
    It consists of hard work. Beyond that you will just have to wait and see

Shemz what exactly do you mean?

It's generally a 3 day split but there is a 5 day option too.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

From what I know of cluster training its lifting the weight, racking it for 10-30 seconds then lifting it again the repeat for X amount of times ( I have also read some variations similiar to a rest pause style ) . Its not something you hear to much about but its a very interesting concept, look forward to reading the whole program when it comes out.
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Working hard to get big
    Can't wait for this program to be available to us!

I was going to apply for the pilot but had to have an orthopedic ankle surgery in early march which I knew would disqualify me. Anyhow, the cast comes off in another 2 weeks so I'll definitely be looking to run this program in may.

Banned
    Why HCT-12?

What were the first 11?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    Shemz what exactly do you mean?

It's generally a 3 day split but there is a 5 day option too.
    I mean is it anything like PRRS training, where you have 1 power week, 1 rep range week and 1 shock week, so there is a 3 week cycle which you do 3 times, then take a rest week and start again..Basically i'm just curious how this program "avoids" plateaus..
    "When you promise yourself something, make a commitment, you can't give up. Because, when you're in the gym, you have to fulfill the promise you made to yourself. The people who can self motivate - in any field - are usually the ones who win. Regardless of talent." T. Platz

Wannabebig Member
    Is it anything like I BODYBUILDER? Because that is one complicated program to follow. Not to mention it sometimes doesn't work for other bodyparts.

It's not complicated, in fact the program is straight forward and easy to follow.

Shermz, no it's not like PRRS training in that respect. The program uses deloads and also allows for a lot of exercise variation though.

So what does the number 12 mean?
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Wannabebig Member
    If you have taken a look at i bodybuilder, it tells you everything you need to do, but everything can be overwhelming as there's so many things involved, such as the different sets, ramping, finding your max, backing off 10%-20% etc, and it gets mind boggling. Is the system difficult to follow? Or one look and you know what you have to do? i.e. exercise, reps, sets, and form. Also, a video would definitely be helpful. Tmuscle nailed that down but it is still damn difficult to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by vcjha View Post
    If you have taken a look at i bodybuilder, it tells you everything you need to do, but everything can be overwhelming as there's so many things involved, such as the different sets, ramping, finding your max, backing off 10%-20% etc, and it gets mind boggling. Is the system difficult to follow? Or one look and you know what you have to do? i.e. exercise, reps, sets, and form. Also, a video would definitely be helpful. Tmuscle nailed that down but it is still damn difficult to follow.
    No, very easy. Lift weights, listen to your body, then lift more weights. No rocket science here.

Quote Originally Posted by View 1 View Post
    So what does the number 12 mean?
    Its kind of tied to the 12 monkeys theme. Only this time we're 12 guinee pigs x 2 + 1.

Quote Originally Posted by vcjha View Post
    Trust me, we haven't over-complicated things and it will be easy to pick up and get going. There will be a concise FAQ alongside it also which covers the main questions that came up from the test group, which were actually few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    It's not complicated, in fact the program is straight forward and easy to follow.

Shermz, no it's not like PRRS training in that respect. The program uses deloads and also allows for a lot of exercise variation though.
    So, are compound exercises a MUST, i mean besides deadlift and squat? Because with PRRS in the shock week you need to switch up isolation with compound for pre and post exhaustion of the muscle? I ask this because i prefer dumbells and cables over bars due to trying to work out imbalances in my muscles.

Wannabebig Member
    Now for the annoying questions. I don't mean to be dumb, but these questions are always on the consumer's mind, especially during this time. Obviously, TMUSCLE refers now only to the elite athletes(those that are willing to take it all the way: food, training, money, etc. Sorry to refer to them so much but I did rely heavily on them at one point) and of course the $300 per month supplement regimen led to a split of two sides with more people now hating TMUSCLE and even giving one of the greatest strength coaches Christian Thibaudeau a bad rep too. So does it involve expensive supplements and does it need supplements to get optimal results? On a better note, I am extremely glad to know that some people still believe in three day splits. I've only gone back to six-days a week primarily because I don't know how to properly impelement a three-day-split.
    I am also EXTREMELY GLAD that a nutrition program will be given as well. Hopefully, it is detailed and leaves little room for questions. I also would like to say hypertrophy obviously means muscle growth, but I do hope we get a fat loss version of it also(losing fat as fast as possible and keeping all the muscle? ***** YEAH!)
    Thank you so much for going beyond and trying to help us. It seems like everyone here wants to help each other and doesn't tear each other down. If this place is geared towards helping people and not heavy marketing like TMUSCLE or bodybuilding.com, this just may be my new place to go to for all things muscle hypertrophy and fat loss(: So once again, thank you.
    Last edited by vcjha; 04-02-2010 at 01:39 AM.

Superb questions!

Ok, firstly yes there is nutritional program given as well. It outlines how to calculate exactly what you should eat (calories, fat, protein and carbs), how to adjust this over time (depending on your goal), food sources and also gives advice on nutrient timing. Too many people try and make nutrition very complicated and thus end up failing to be consistent. As long as you are eating the right amount, from the right sources and are following some straight forward nutrient timing guidelines AND you are consistent, you will be AMAZED with what happens - you'll look better, be stronger and feel great.

As you say, the program is hypertrophy focused and generally aimed at people wanting to pack on lean muscle mass. Ideally your goal would be to gain weight/muscle. But, we don't believe training should change much at all if fat loss is your goal as essentially you want to hold on to as much of that lean mass as possible and depending on your starting point, gain some. So, training stays the same, but you follow the nutritional advice for cutting weight and there is also some advice for cardio depending on your goal.

Now to the interesting bit

Quite frankly IBodybuilder is a joke. Outlandish (even impossible) claims, an over-complicated system (to make it seem special) and the (supposed) requirement to spend $300.00 a month to achieve decent results and a whole load of hoopla/hype thrown in for good measure. How is that in the interest of their readers?

TMuscle knew that they were going to piss people off when they released it, but remember the reason for releasing IBodybuilder was $. To Cash in for the short term through people being convinced they needed to spend $300.00 a month on one supplement to get results. It wouldn't surprise me if they simply phased out IBodybuilder and Anaconda over time anyway.

With HCT-12, we were driven by wanting to put something out there that sticks to the fundamentals for gaining muscle mass and to not over-complicate things. We do have a few twists and interesting things thrown in too which people may not have tried before, but ultimately it sticks to the key stuff and it won't take long to understand and layout your routine and eating plan. And we'll be on hand to help people if they need it too.

I'll be up front (as I always am) and tell you that yes, there is a section on supplementation and of course it does recommend the use of AtLarge Nutrition supplements to maximize your results. Why? Because I truly believe that if you train and eat according to the HCT-12 program, then the use of AtLarge Nutrition supplements will help you reach your goals more quickly.

But, this was NOT the driver of the program and throughout, Daniel Roberts (program creator) and the current testers will vouch for me in that I have not been aggressive in pushing AtLarge and in particular Daniel has had free reign to produce the program without an agenda from AtLarge.

But let's face facts, putting something together of this scale isn't free and it definitely isn't cheap. Daniel Roberts has been hard at work for several months putting this together. He has tested the concepts of the program with his own trainees, made countless revisions to the concepts and program drafts (and probably cursed me many times!) and of course as you would expect and rightly so we've compensated him for his high quality work. We've also put a lot of time and effort into the test group, everyone has mentors and well... I don't even count my time into things any more

And that's all not even taking into account the fact that it costs over $3,000 a month now to run Wannabebig. We're paying the best writers to write for us and we're pushing to bring you more regular article updates in the near future at which point costs will go up further. We therefore rely on our reader's loyalty and support to keep alive and to keep doing stuff like HCT, more articles, competitions etc etc...

So hopefully you can understand the commercial need to include some element of product recommendation into the program, but I can PROMISE you that it was not the reason for wanting to do it and it has not affected the end result in ANY WAY. If you absolutely cannot afford to use AtLarge products, you can use the program and you'll get great results. But, if you can show your support with an order, you make a massive difference to helping us be what we are today.

I hope that answers all of your questions
    Last edited by Joe Black; 04-02-2010 at 05:31 AM.